Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I agree that in the midst of the Covid awfulness there are things to be grateful about. And I agree about more low key holiday plans. I lost my last parent in the summer when my dad passed, and I’ve gotten the vibe ever since that my in-laws think we’re all theirs for holidays now since they see me as now having no one and no excuses. Well, surprise, I don’t need anyone or any excuses. My in-laws aren’t bad people, more like they mostly just ignore us, that is until a holidays comes along, then they get demanding. We don’t dance to that tune anymore, and Covid has just helped that along. We had a quiet day on thanksgiving and it was fine. I’ve finished shopping, most of it was online, again, quieter. And less fussing over decorations and menus. Covid has brought a lot of loss, my family was blessed to come through it pretty easily, the good part is it’s also reminded us of what is and isn’t important
(2)

With all the hand washing, surely cases of serious food poisoning must have plummeted?
(9)

I'm grateful for Covid because it has made people slow their lives down and learn to appreciate what really is most important in their lives. I believe when this is all said and done(yes it will be over some day), we will see much more good come out of it than bad.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter