Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
So sorry, you just take what you need and leave the rest.
(3)

When, I first started here, years ago, I asked about Medicaid. Holy crap, I was using the system, you should have seen the answers. I got defensive, real quick.

I think sometimes some answers to first time posters come out crass and rude. Maybe you have seen the question a million times but it is new to them. I try not to be rude on the first post but the consistant posts, yep, I admit it. There are a few here with a holier than thou, passive agressive God complex. Its quite entertaining.

I just feel, new posters are somewhat unwelcome at times and some responses trigger defensiveness.
(0)

When I began reading posts I encountered "shell shock" at the attitudes that sometimes shows up. People vary like flowers. Come in all colors and variations. Some thrive in horrible conditions. Many are fragile and delicate. So it is with human nature.

Some do not know how harsh words can be - they possible have callouses. Then there are some who understand and care. I take away that which I can use and junk the rest.

You can gain some valuable resources here and learn from others. I don't follow the posts much - as I need to remain positive and in a good humor. On that note, I'll tell you a funny story.

We have a lab who we adopted when he was approx. 18 months of age. Now ten years later I realize he is just one of the family. I call my husband "honey" and
"baby". I'm at one end of the house and I yelled "Hey, Baby!" My husband didn't hear but here runs our dog and sits at my feet. When he completes a command he gets a treat. Now???? Is this dog training us?

Even in the midst of life - find a way to smile. Smiling is contagious - pass it on.
(4)

As with anything in life, you have to take the good with the bad. Thankfully I still believe there is much more good on this forum than bad, but I have to admit that I don't read each and every posts responses. If there is a question I feel I can answer and be of help, I then respond to it, otherwise I pass it on by. I've never been one who liked drama, and my tolerance for that has only gotten less as I get older. We all have enough drama in our everyday lives, who needs it from a forum that's supposed to be there to help others while caregiving?
I try to live by the Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all lived by that?
(2)

Good question and excellent response. What will be, will be - and there are always those who chose to ruin things for others....regardless of the circumstances. I believe the answer is to always show the positive side of things. This helps and it is a much more fun way to live...lol... - oljim, in texas
(3)

I understand how you feel. The only other social media I participate in (or I should say "participated") is a cross stitch message board. I joined it years ago; it used to be a fun place to show your work and have a few laughs. Then increasingly, in the last few years, it has become much less about cross stitching, and much more about politics - which almost always leads to arguments. Most of the original members, who always said happy, encouraging things have left for venues such a Facebook; and most of the people left seem to revel in being constantly offended by everything and anything. It was really getting old.

While my mom had been ill, I didn't really spend a lot of time there - the last thing I needed was that negative energy. But I recently thought "maybe I'll start to get back involved." Well, since there were so many of them crying about how terrified they were to get the Covid vaccine, I posted, very innocently, I just got my second dose; I had very few side effects, and those were easily countered with some ibuprofin.

Well, you would have thought I told them to head on down to Jonestown and drink some kool-aid, the way they ripped into me; "My doctor says I'm not allowed to take ibuprofin!"; "My best friend is a retired nurse and told me she saw on Facebook not to take anything after the vaccine, because then it won't work!"; "How can you encourage people to take OTC medicine like that, it's so dangerous!" and on and on. I looked at my husband and said "You know what? I'm through with this message board. Done. Over it." I deleted my account, removed the site from my favorites bar, and haven't read it since. And I can't say I've been missing it much, either.

I understand how you feel, especially here, because this is supposed to be a support forum. It's very discouraging when that support gets spoiled with people who get some sort of perverse pleasure in being mean and spiteful to others. I hope you can ignore those few and still find the support you deserve here.
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter