Follow

Thank you all. This site is now too complicated for me to use. It is even too hard to see ALL the thread at once. So I am moving on.
I tried to say good bye but I had to post it in the Jokes.
I have no idea how to see any replies either.
Oh well. I will look for another site.

Take care all
and Good Luck
Buzzy

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I've looked at a lot of dementia and elder care sites on line and I haven't found anything to compare to AgingCare, on other forums I've visited a question is lucky to get half a dozen replies, if that. I've found nowhere else that attracts such a diverse group of people and has retained them to form the king of caregiver family bond that comes from people sticking around for years and sharing their stories. Not to mention the information available throughout the rest of the site is top notch. If you all find something better let me know and I might drop by.
(5)

As long as I can still use the new format like the old format, all the questions/discussions in the up/down order, I can muddle through it. But it has become too time consuming.
(2)

Ive got way too much going on at home to deal with this new format.
AC doesn't take into consideration we've got parents and LO dying before our eyes. The last thing we need is this big mess, they can keep it!

A bunch of us are scouting out a new, user friendly support group.... It wasn't fair, nor good business to just shove this format down our throats!
(2)

LOL Pepsee,
"Pepsee
Posted June 30, 2018
I'm not leaving...."
(1)

AgingCareCM, please read these posts about the freaking sort mess. We need to be able to choose our sort preference and retain it. People cannot figure out why it changes from the not helpful “most helpful”, old or new when moving forward or backward between various posts. It causes posts to appear like they are disappearing if the user isn’t watching how it’s sorting! If we were able to choose it at the category level (ie. Recent Posts) instead of at the individual posts this might make more sense.
(1)

Rainmom, it's even worse then that. You have to reset the order after you comment....GRRRR. Don't we have to keep signing back in too?

AgingCare, who did you do this for? The people who *ARE* the site, are leaving and do not like it. Why did you just up and change it without even finding out if the members wanted all this change? Really not fair! Are we supposed to just deal with it, like it or not. There is no site without members. But you know you'll always have members. However, some won't come here as often because it's a hassle in a lot of unnecessary ways.
(3)

Rocketcat, it's awful on the phone, just awful!

Polarbear, I don't blame you, I'm going also. What about that guy "caregiverology" he has a site? I'm gonna check it out.
(4)

Buzzy Bee, let us know if you find another caregivers site, I bet many of us will be leaving and it would be great to know people at a new site.💜🖐️🌹
(2)

That didn't sound right. I won't be missing much here because the format sux, not the people.
(3)

Aww you gotta be kidding me!!!! I hate this new format too. If I can't get used to it I'm out too. Plus I won't be missing much here anyway. Biggest cyber Huggz buzzy gonna miss you
!
(1)

I so agree with you, ff- about the having to change the order of the replies EVERY TIME you check in on a thread you’re following.

For me - I like “newest first” and I get that everyone has an order preference. But as it stands there is no consistency in what they - the admin - use. Sometimes it’s “most helpful” and other posts it’s “oldest” or “newest”...

I get that for each poster it is different. But can’t they just start them all in the same order - and then once you pick your preference it stays put - instead of having to change it back to your preference EVERY FRICKIN’ TIME you check back into the thread?!?
(3)

Buzzy, sure hate to see you leave, but I can fully understand. I have always enjoyed reading your postings, and the joke posting always lit up my day.

I am not crazy about the new format, it takes me longer to read through the list, and to keep changing each question to "oldest first" to read the messages.

Plus the "hugs" on the message board is now down to 5 choices which isn't enough as I had recently sent a message to another writer and none of the choices was a good choice for the text of the message. I had my favorite which is no longer there, yikes, my message identity is gone :(

Please pop back in every now and then and let us know how you are doing.
(3)

Buzzybee - I'll be going too.

I dont like the new format and I can't use it on my phone. AC made it impossible to even view on my phone, so what's the point.

It was good having read many of your jokes. Thank you buzzybee.
(5)

Buzzy, you will be missed.

I have loved your posts and your wit.

I pray that you are and continue to do well.

I to find it difficult and frustrating. Like I need one more thing in my day to cause frustration.

If I can't figure it out in a day or two, I too am gone.

They should have dealt with issues on the other format, ie being able to post and NOT lose your answer because you went off the page. Oh well, this is life in 2018, keep changing everything so nobody knows what's going on.

Hugs you funny girl, you!
(2)

Too hard for me. Good luck RC :)
(2)

Also, the way I have found to mimic the old style list is to go to Menu, then Caregiver Forum, then click on Recent Questions.
(1)

Good morning, please let us know if you have difficulty finding something. I'd be happy to help you navigate the new format.
(1)

Buzzy if you click on your icon on the top right of the page, you will get a list where you can find your activity, if that helps.

I was surprised as well this morning when the site switched to the new format and no way out. Hate it so far but I am going to try to get used to it for a few days, but it’s so cumbersome on my iPad.... I cant even imagine how bad it will be on my iPhone. If I can find a button to register specific comments and bug I found to the administration I will...
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter