Follow

I am 59 years old. I have CKD Stage IV and started dialysis last November of 2023. I do dialysis at home EVERY night/7 days a week. It's a lot.

My husband is my main caregiver; taking care of me daily and at night if an alarm goes off on my dialysis machine. He helps me dress and undress and set up my dialysis machine. He helps me shower and makes sure that I am steady on my feet, helping me walk. I don't leave the house much. My husband does all the shopping, errands, cooking, and cleaning the house.

I know there are PCA Programs that will assess my situation and give me so many hours for my husband to get paid. He works from home.

Does anyone have any idea on what agencies to contact for such a program? I'd like my husband to get paid for all his hard work. We live in Norton so would prefer an agency close to home.

Thoughts?

Thank you
Michelle

Find Care & Housing
I'm not sure if it is for you but see if your state has the A&D (Aged and Disabled) waiver. Your spouse could get paid but it takes time. We went through and attorney to speed it up. You have to have Medicaid for the waiver though.

https://www.medicaidplanningassistance.org/indiana-aged-disabled-waiver/
(0)

Contact social services for your resident county. You are too young for elder services but at 59 may still have disability programs available to you.
(0)

Bumping up for answers.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter