Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
Llama only if you are a Christian ! ^|^
(0)

Oh, Lorrie, were we supposed to be being patient? Oops.
(2)

OhJude: Indeed I am a Christian, but I was NOT a perfect caregiver.
(1)

Llama definitively have crossed wires here.

I used PERFECT as an acronym and very tongue in cheek said we are all perfect because we fit the acronym

When you said the only perfect carer was Jesus the point I meant to come across was that would only apply to Christians - Buddhists wouldn't agree for example. I didn't mean only Christian could be perfect and I didn't mean there were any perfect caregivers in the sense of doing nothing wrong ever. For as we all know those who never do any wrong usually do nothing at all
(0)

Llama - we definitely ^^^^^
(0)

OhJude: I partially understand what you meant. An acronym is the first letter of a word, e.g. in this case, your P stands for patience, E stands for effective, etc. You get the message, right? In no way did I mean for it to turn out to be so religious. Although we can aim high, is there one among us caregivers who could say that they did everything pristinely?
(0)

I doubt it llama I couldn't but I am PERFECT as per acronym!!!!!

I just think a lot of use don't give ourselves credit for what we DO do. A lot of us think others could do it better - and a lot of others say things which we take as them thinking they could do better - let them try - PLEASE LET THEM TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes we need to step back and value ourselves for a moment. We are there, we do care that it is done to the very best WE can manage. It may not be pristine, it may not always be cordial but we are still there 24/7 doing our bit.

We do risk our health we do put our lives on hold for very little or no thanks and in many cases a lot of criticism and yet we still do it. We don't get paid or get paid very little for doing a job that saves the countries we live in billions and are not valued by them.

We have to value ourselves more - WE ARE WORTH IT
(3)

I doubt it llama

But I am perfect as per acronym

I just think we should step back sometimes and value ourselves for what we do that no-one else in our respective families does, wants to help with, or even acknowledges. I know that's not the case in all families but I don't think we recognise the strength we have that has allowed us to
put our lives on hold for very little or no pay at all,
cope with constant criticism,
deal with the variety of settings we find ourselves in that we never expected to have to even know about,
handle financial affairs
make decisions about really life altering stuff,
putting others before ourselves
actually care about another human being so much that we stand tall and protect them

Nothing is perfect in this world but thats why I created the acronym - so that we can see we are 'perfect' in our own very special way
(1)

LorrieB you have all the right ords and phrases to describe the debarcle you find yourself in. You are completely normal and we all have off days. Your human. Allow yourself to have an off day-i give you permission!!! I would rather rub my face with a cheese grater than take my mum with dimentia shopping at xmas time with 3 children,yet i do. Some days are good and some are bad but if i may say so were all doing a pretty tough job by choice with very little thanks. Your doing fine xx
(3)

I think you all amazing... taking my mother shopping is a nightmare on a brilliant day and we don't have many of those. I'd have done what you did Lorrie, exactly what you di except I would have taken her home WAAAAAAAY before you.

I think we need some short of shopping pill (Valium?!!!!!) to cope with Mum shopping. Mum can make choices now but she can't make a decision. And he desert would freeze over and camels come home on ice skates if I ever let her see the prices. She has gone a long way back in time and wouldn't dream of paying what in your money is about $2 for a pair of leather shoes!!!!
(3)

D*mn, the more I think of it, yes, I am amazing. Go me!! LOL
(1)

We all are amazing!! And I routinely took a "mother's helper" before I dealt with mother.
(2)

I hope everyone knows I was just having fun. Amazing or not, I am just trying to keep a sense of humor. As others have posted, you are all amazing just by caring for others. Sometimes, just being goofy helps me get through a day. :)
(3)

Jgsigs, once written in the cloud that you are amazing, it lives on forever, you don't get to take it back!
So, you are amazing!
Lol.
We could all do better not to doubt ourselves.
(1)

Midkid: Is a "mother's helper" diazepam?
(0)

Go all of us!
(2)

Feeling way way out of the loop! Had no idea that is what 'mother's helper meant.
(0)

I seriously hope you aren't taking what I knew as mother's little helper before dealing with your Mum unless you have a prescription for them to be used in that way - they used to be benzodiazapines so yes valium, diazepam are those drugs and they are highly addictive. SEND - TO BRING YOU INTO THE LOOP

It comes from A rolling stones lyric to a song of the same name:Mothers Little Helper

What a drag it is getting old
Kids are different today
I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day
(4)

Gin and tonic with a squeeze of lime -- no one wants to roll up their sleeves and clean and help!! I feel real sorry for the 70 million aging yuppies! Going to b a real shocker!!!
(1)

Yup. I have a prescription. And I see my psychiatrist twice a year. Let's not get judgy....we all have to do what we have to do to cope and be productive.
(1)

No thats fine mids I was just worried that you were taking them without prescription - phew and big hugs.
(0)

The ironic thing about the Stones song is their reputation for doing drugs themselves. Anyone ever watched Jagger on stage during a performance?
(0)

Sorry, I get a little defensive about my anxiety issues.
And yes, I have seem Mick Jagger on a Jumbotron at a concert. Scary as heck. Guy looks mummified. Keith Richards isn't much better.
(1)

Midkid, you don't have to worry about anxiety here. I have bouts of panic disorder and mother's little helpers (Xanax) certainly did help me get through.

Jagger is about 80 now. Wow at the energy. I don't think I ever had that much. He's never been a looker, but he is certainly the entertainer.
(1)

I just checked. He's only 72. He is one rough looking 72 I have to admit. Still performing, though, from what I hear.
(0)

Because he is British and so am I and I apologise up front to anyone I offend...and only because he has been the butt of jokes for a very long time.....when he was much younger people used to say the only reason his lips were the way they were is because his mum was scared of losing him. So scared she used to give him a big wet sloppy kiss and then stick him to the shop window by his lips while she did her shopping!!!

We were so cruel back then
(1)

And JB yes they start a tour of South America in 2016.... Zimmer frames are apparently on standby!!!!!
(0)

Jagger - mummified? And stuck to a window? I'm having some really good laughs tonight.

Actually, he used to be quite the performer, and could really belt out the songs - especially ones like Can't Get no Satisfaction, Under my Thumb, Paint it Black, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Lady Jane, She's a Rainbow....those were some of my favorites.

Their music and compositions flirted with so many subjects that were almost taboo; they had no compunction of being critical of society.

Jagger has more energy at 72 than most people do at half that age. Of course, half the people might not be using whatever he uses to keep him going.

Still, the music groups of the English invasion were really trend setters and made incomparable contributions to American music.
(2)

I saw The Stones just a few years back and up close. They were amazing and I still can't believe the energy. They have full time workout managers, for sure. I was impressed and they still entertain. We should all be so active! I doubt they do any recreational drugs as this point. They work hard for 70 year old rock stars!
I have a bit of anxiety, well really I have anxiety period but sometimes it gets the best of me so I take a Alozopram which is ....Valium? Not often, every other month or so when I am frazzled, but I would more often if necessary. It works. My wife is very sick and gets extremely anxious so she takes stronger stuff. All of these drugs can be dangerous and can also be very effective if handled correctly. I am under the impression that many of us take anti anxiety drugs when needed.
(1)

jgsigs if only I were brave enough to allow the doc to prescribe them I would defy be on them. I just too scared I will sleep through Mum needing me during the night. Needing sleep right now just 2 hours a night for the last 2 nights - sleep deprivation AGAIN. Its a killer and I mean that literally it has been known to be a killer xx night night all xx
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter