Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Nope. My 2 experiences with hospice were wonderful. And, in reality, heart failure and dementia killed my mother, and a brain tumor killed my father, not 'hospice'. If hospice was killing people, they'd have been out of business long ago as their funding STOPS once a person dies.

What I can never understand is WHY people who claim hospice is killing their loved one never take their loved one HOME or FIRE hospice???? Why??? It's like allowing a 'murder' to happen knowingly w/o doing anything to stop it.

Stage 4 lung cancer claimed your mother's life and that's what you should speak to a therapist about accepting.

My condolences on the loss of your mother.
(6)

From your profile:

"I am a mother and daughter used to be a skating coach and gymnastics coach I am an organic farmer and mother of a beautiful son who was very close to my mom! I took care of my grandmother for 12 years and mother recently. I feel that hospice killed my mother they overdosed her 4 days after she went into assisted living via her sisters push for hospice care. I wanted to take her home with me. I've been through good hospice care with my grandmother at an assisted living facility and this was quite the opposite experience! My mother was not aware that she was being overdosed and given anti-psychotic drugs due to lack of oxygen from horrible hospice care even after I made a big fuss about them doing it three times. I was livid! It was made very clear in a meeting with hospice that drugs were not going to be in the equation as she was not in pain and was planning to go into immunotherapy. We had instructed them to shower her and trim her toenails and they said they would but they did not! They killed her!! I was supposed to be notified as well if any drugs were to given. She was breathing fine unless the hospice care turned down her oxygen from 3 and a half to 2! one time her oxygen levels were at 64!!! I immediately turned up her oxygen to the correct level only to have them turn it back to 2 the next day. I was about to take her out of there when they overdosed her!!! During Covid she was in hospital twice and did not get Covid she was eating good but had stage 4 lung cancer which the doctors missed in previous x rays and chest images from MRI and cat scan. The size of her cancer was 6 mm that is huge! It had not spread to other parts of her body even!!! This was explained to hospice as well!
We were still moving her things into her apartment at the care facility. Also they cremated her before I could see how much morphine was in her system even after I told them to hold off on the cremation until could get more information and I was told they were not going to do an autopsy and I was advised to hire a private autopsy professional.....but I never got a chance because they cremated her without my consent. She was only supposed to be cremated if it was a natural cause of death. I've heard more horror stories than I can count ...thousands of people dyeing to this horrific government system in place. This has to stop.
Its LITERALLY MURDER. How can a person be failed at every level of health care and shes paying money for this care!!! "
(4)

You do realize that she could not seek immunotherapy while on hospice right?

Who had her cremated? Because you can't just have this done, it is only the next of kin that has that right.

Because of your personal beliefs, is it possible that mom didn't tell you how much pain she was suffering?

Was your mom unconscious? Because she would have to be to not know she was taking medication.

I am very sorry for your loss. May The Lord give you wisdom, strength and peace to deal with this difficult situation.
(4)

Toosad, you are also TOOOOO WRONG.
(5)

If they are eligible for hospice it is because they are determined - based on their health chart and records - to have less than 6 months to live. A decision was made - by the person, or their POA or family - to have them go onto hospice. A choice was made; hospice was not required to be enrolled in. This is the harsh reality of hospice.

Opiates are given to lessen / reduce pain and antipsych to reduce or lessen anxiety / agitation. Hospice isn’t ODing anyone.

It can be difficult to come to terms with death. For your own sake, please please get bereavement counseling. If the deceased were on Medicares hospice benefit, ask the hospice agency as to bereavement sessions for you to be able to go to or do via zoom.
(5)

More life to live? What kind of wonderful life are you talking about?
(9)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter