Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Losjaz

I don't see this as the fault of Hospice. Maybe by the time they got him he was transitioning. Morphine and other drugs are given for comfort. Water and food is stopped because the body is shutting down. If the family felt there was foal play they should have paid for an autopsy. Melanoma kills. Very few survive it especially when it hits the brain. All chemo was doing was extending his life. Unless u were there 24/7 and were able to talk to the doctors you really have no idea what was going on. Maybe your brother wanted to fight, but chemo no longer was working.
(5)

Joan29

First I am nurse, second I had Melanoma 23 yrs ago. Very familiar with it. He was not taking chemo it does not work for Melanoma. They use immune therapy and radiation. My mom is a nurse and was present through most of the year with him. He was having progress and we both spoke with neurologist and saw the last MRI. He became more disabled from the radiation and his wife did not want him like that. As she said to my face, also Melanoma treatment has come a long way and not a death sentence anymore when it spreads. He had more time and it was not his wish to die without food or water. He wanted to be home with his son. I understand when someone is on their deathbed, he was not.
(2)

Yes my siblings and hospice killed my daddy.
(1)

Djlady, did you report this to the police? If not, why not, since you believed your Dad was killed by your siblings and by hospice?
(2)

There comes a point that all modern medicine is doing is extending the dying process. It isn't really living.
Hospice is wonderful.
(5)

Death is tough for a family. But I can't Imagine living a life time and all some family can speak of was that person's death and how they died.

It took me years and years to finally learn about my sig-other's relatives' life, who had passed on decades ago. All anyone would talk about was the funeral. For years, all I heard was the funeral, who went, who didn't go, what food was served afterwards, the burial site, the funeral home, etc. Yes, death is a milestone, but there were many more wonderful milestone that some how got erased in so many minds.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter