Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Where I live we are going back into lockdown on Boxing Day (26th) and the gov't is getting a lot of flack for not making it happen before Christmas. The impression I get here is that people are feeling backed into a corner this holiday season, we've mostly been careful and given up a lot in order to be able to make some kind of compromise holiday celebration work - plans have been made, foods bought and prepared and an earlier lockdown would have tipped many over into full scale defiance, that's an attitude we don't want to foster.
(1)

We should enjoy it.
January, starting along about 10th to 15th will be a great national catastrophe. We are being told this right now. Triage is being mentioned but with pretty euphemistic wording. But I fear we are beyond absorbing it.
You are right, we are all losing patience with all of it. I suspect the Holidays put a huge burden on us in terms of expectations; I haven't ever much liked them and like them less this year. I know I have had it when all my answers are curt and short, and they are there today. I need to just stop till the holidays are over, hee hee. But you know me! I NEVER stop.
On the bright side, my bro's ALF has all its seniors vaccinated in So Cal. How is it going for other facilities we know of? My brother's facility stayed covid free for the duration, in both their So Cal towns.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter