Follow

We have an elderly neighbor who can not take care of herself any longer. She was temporarily in a nursing home and then released, I believe do to lack of funds. She would like to go back but she has no family and we neighbors would like to help but don't know what to do. We have been taking food to her since she is no longer able to cook, but she is nearly starving herself because she doesn't want to be a bother. She would gladly go back to the nursing home but we don't know how to arrange it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
First let me say what great neighbors you are!! I am not an expert, and I don't know what state you are in, but there are ELDER AFFAIRS services that are offered by every state. If you know how to use GOOGLE as a search (engine) you can type in ELDER AFFAIRS (and your state) in the search line and you should get specific websites that can help you.

For example,
http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/english/elders.php

is the website for help in Florida. You can find more specific information online quicker and easier (in my humble opinion) based on the topic you need help with.

As far as 'money' is concerned, if she qualifies for medicare and medicaid there are facilities that require very little 'financially' from the patient. Again I am not an expert, but looking into the requirements are easier online.

Get someone from elder affairs to help you with specifics, and God BLESS you for helping her.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter