Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
JB, my gosh, his job alone would be emotionally demanding.... then helping out caring for his Mom which is also emotionally draining.... then for him to put on a smiling face for his daughters.

Try not to think of this as a break-up... more like gifting him more time to tend to his current needs.
(9)

I'm so sorry. I know this has to be heartbreaking for you. It sounds like he was making an honest assessment of where he is at this stage in his life and realizes he just doesn't have the time to devote to a relationship while being a caregiver and going through so much family stress at this time. Many people get to that point, even marriages fall apart because there are just not enough hours in the day to go around, and the elder often takes priority due to the health issues. I'm taking care of my mom right now but sometimes I feel like I'm neglecting my husband and kids. But if I were single, I don't think there's any way I'd have time to date. As much as it hurts, please just know it doesn't sound like it was anything to do with you, but rather just where he's at in life right now. His situation sounds honestly unhealthy and especially hard for his children; however, I know we sometimes just do the best we can at the moment. Hugs to you.
(9)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter