Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
4 losses within 18 months: my mother Nov.2018 (89, stroke); a few months later her sweet little 12 year old dog; my father (96) in May 2020; 20 days later my precious 14 yo Chihuahua. That one devastated me. I cried every day for a week straight and still miss him. I did not grieve my father at all. He was miserable and waiting to go. I watched my mom dying in Hospice and could not go through that again with father. ALF was on lockdown anyway. I try to be pragmatic - circle of life and all that, but it was so unfair that my mother didn't get to outlive my father and have some peace. He was a horrible husband. My DH is almost 69, had 2 heart attacks by the age of 60. I am so afraid of losing him. I don't know how I'd manage without him to take care of me. It's scary and I try not to dwell on it. May we all have the strength to get through this next year.
(1)

I lost my sweet sweet husband of 70 years December 19. 2020 with Lewy Body Parkinson’s disease. with dementia. This has been the most painful year and a half that I have experienced in all my life. I kept him home the entire time. It was a hard job physical and emotional 24 hours a day, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hospice was called in about six months before his passing. A great relief for me, They were amazing! They became a part of our family. Not only did they have compassion but encouraged him to keep active as much as possible. They even joined him in doing exercise to “Move and Shout” videos on YouTube for Parkinson’s patients. Made sure he had everything he needed and to have the best life possible the last months before he went home. The empty house is almost unbearable, many tears, but with the love, support of our family and unwavering faith and wonderful memories we’ll make it through with time. Prayers to all that are caregivers. You’re awesome!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter