Follow

When my nephew was 4 he was looking at an old photo album and saw a picture of my grandfather who had passed away before nephew was born. My nephew was named after him. Nephew pointed to grandfather’s picture and said “that’s the man who holds my hand when I walk down the stairs”. Nephew also said the man used to sit at the foot of his bed. The visions stopped a year or two later. Nephew says he wasn’t scared. The man called him by his name.

After my father died, my mother said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw my father. She said it happened more than once at home. She got up to walk over to him and he disappeared. Then when she was in AL she said he used to be at the end of her bed at night sometimes. My Mom had dementia so, not sure…

I’ve woken up at night and smelled my grandmother’s perfume. Am I just thinking about her? Or is she letting me know she’s there. I’ve also heard my parents say my name and instantly woke up. Again, am I just thinking about them in my sleep?

My father used to give my nephew bicentennial quarters because that was the year he was born. At my father’s wake my nephew sat down and under his chair was a bicentennial quarter.

My daughter says she woke up to the smell of my father’s tea at night soon after he passed.

I’m interested in others’ experiences .

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I occasionally smell red roses and I think its My Friend Anne . There was a cottage I Lived in and a strong scent of cigars would Happen ( Thurgood Marshall Lived there in summer ) Cape Cod is filled with Ghosts .
(2)

Shortly after my brother died I had a beautiful dream about him. For the first time I felt at peace and had a sense of closure about his death.

I went to my mom’s bedroom to tell her about the dream and before I could finish it, she told me the rest of my dream. I kind of freaked out.

I asked her, “Mom, how in the world did you know what I was going to say?” She said, “Honey, I had the same dream last night.”

We felt like my brother sent the message to us that he was okay.

We both felt like we had entered the twilight zone! Yet, I could see that my mom felt peace too. I was happy that my mom was comforted by this dream because there is nothing sadder than a mother having to bury her child.
(2)

My friend was caregiver for her parents. She had some help from others because she was still working full time. Hospice was called in to help her care for her mom.

Her mom was getting closer to the end. She was super busy at work and couldn’t take off that day, so she decided to ask her niece to be with her mom for the day.

Her niece called her at work and said, “Aunt Beth, please don’t think that I’m crazy but there is a man standing in the hallway approaching your mom’s room.”

My friend told her to call 911. Her niece said, “No, I can’t do that because he doesn’t look quite real.” My friend said, “Tell me what he looks like.” Her niece described him to her.

My friend told her, “Oh, don’t be afraid, that’s my father. He must be coming to get my mom.” Beth’s dad had died many years ago.

Beth left work early to go home. She showed her niece a picture of her father. Her niece said, “That was the man that I saw. He was wearing the same gray sweater and hat!”

Beth said that she knew that it was her dad as soon as her niece told her about the gray sweater and hat because he always wore them.

Her mom died that evening. Beth believes that her dad came to tell her mom that she would be with him shortly.
(3)

2 years ago I was going to PT for my knee. It was next door to the primary doctors office that I took my parents to for so many years . A man walked in and sat down in the waiting area with me . I looked away . Then the man coughed and I looked up and the man’s face had changed and looked almost exactly like my father . He just stared at me for a long time with a familiar expression . I finally looked away . I was spooked . I told my sister who is really into this stuff , she says my parents are around a lot and she goes to a medium . My sister told me that the medium says spirit can do that , change someone’s face briefly to let you know they are there and that it takes a tremendous amount of energy for the spirit to do that. My sister also said that the medium said my parents are young again . No disease , no dementia .
(1)

I 'see' and feel my daddy's presence from time to time. It's so comforting. Believing firmly that the 'next world' is just a thin veil's width away--I don't see why spirits wouldn't come back to help us or just waft through.

When mom died, my YB, who was her executor said he had a long 'visitation' from daddy and that's what got him through all the quick decisions he had to make.

My nephew pulled a small cement mixer over on himself when he was 3. Somehow, miraculously, he was able to get out from under it and walk into the house. He had a lacerated liver and would have died from the bleeding if he hadn't come right into the house.

A few weeks later, he was looking at some family pictures on the wall in his home. He pointed to my Grandma and said "That lady lifted the mixer off me". To this day he remembers that.
(3)

I forgot , my sister thinks her dog sees my parents often . She barks and gets crazy . My sister also said that my parents left the dog a dog biscuit after the dog had surgery . She said that the biscuit had no markings on it at all like her usual biscuits that have the name baked into it .
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter