Follow

"TOO SOON TO FORGET:
The Journey of Younger Onset Alzheimer’s Disease"
I noticed this TV show listed on our state's PBS station. Has anyone watched it? What do you think of it?
Description: Many people think Alzheimer’s is a disease that only affects older adults, but that’s not always true. When this disease strikes before the age of 65, it’s considered “younger onset” Alzheimer’s. This film takes an in-depth look at the particulars of this disease, and features nine families from a variety of backgrounds who share their stories and common experiences.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I think i'll look online to see if I have a listing to play in my area.
last nite my daughter text me. saying she saw on facebook, someone she went to elementary school with. and we knew/remember the mother of the kids.

anyway the daughter posted something on facebook about her mother...and ending her post saying the mom had Alzheimer's. I do remember the mom, its been maybe 20 years ago. my daughter is 29 now. im 59 and so is the mom with Alzheimer's. I just find it so shocking.
I get afraid every time I cant recall a word or do something wonky
(1)

I haven't seen that one, but I did share with the forum about a TVO documentary called "Much Too Young" which covered the stories of some younger caregivers and kids coping with dementia in their immediate family.
(0)

I've watched a few documentaries, and think I might have watched that, but I honestly don't remember the show title or that much of the content because it was so intensely emotional.

Genetic issues were discussed and a few specific families were featured. But other than trying to decide what I'd do if I were diagnosed, I found it difficult to concentrate on the documentary.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter