Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I’m sorry for your loss. I lost my mom what’s now turned into a long time ago, but still think of her and miss her daily. A beloved mom being gone leaves a hole in your heart. I wish you peace and healing
(4)

I lost my best friend(my husband) 11 weeks ago too. Not from Covid, he'd been in poor health for quite a while. There has been only 2 days that I haven't at some point gotten teary eyed during the day. And yesterday was his birthday, and while my son and I celebrated it with his favorite dinner, and cake, it was very hard for me. I cried a lot. And that's ok.

You will not get over the loss of your mom quickly, nor will I my husband. And we just have to accept that however long it takes us, it's ok. There is no time frame on how long we get to grieve someone we loved, we can take as long as we need. So just take one day at a time, and try to focus on the many wonderful things about your mom(as I will my husband)and allow yourself the space needed to grieve your best friend.

Praying for God's peace and comfort in the days, weeks and months ahead.
(8)

A LO dying from covid is so unexpected and heart breaking. Even a perfectly healthy person can somehow mysteriously contract covid and succumb to its effects so quickly. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. But 11 weeks is not long enough to recover from her passing. Grief is what we experience over such a loss of someone we loved and there is no time frame for it's resolution. Your husband's support is invaluable. Don't isolate yourself and hold your sadness in. Don't be afraid to speak about your loss to others, friends, family, church, it can be very cathartic. There are many books and resources that can help you get thru this. “The Essential Guide to Grief and Grieving”, and “The Sun Still Rises” are 2 of them. The Griefshare program is a grief support group and searching “Grief” on YouTube will result in many videos and may offer you help. It's hard but don't just sit by and let grief get the best of you. Motivate yourself to get thru it by doing some things I've mentioned or finding other options.
(2)

Thank you so much sjplegacy. I will definitely check out those books.
(0)

@funkygrandma59- I'm so sorry for your loss!! I can't imagine how hard that would be. Yea, my problem is I keep thinking about her last few days here at the house and the FT we did with her in the hospital, even though she was pretty out of it. She had a bit of dementia (good days and bad days) too, they said which didn't help her. I try to remember all the wonderful times, but I keep thinking of all the hell she went thru. Forgive me, she fought this COVID for 11 weeks. She passed on July 21st.
(0)

@Daughterof1930-thanks so much. Yes, that's it exactly, a hole in my heart. Thanks for your prayers.
(1)

I’m just so sorry for all of you. The people who contract it and die just vanish, and so the deniers don’t believe it’s really true. The ‘good’ people follow the rules and have suffered from them for months now - and the suffering from lockdown is truly real. The ‘non-believers’ brag about their rights to be ‘free’, which so often means ‘free to chance spreading the infection’. In our state in OZ, all our new cases are from occasional glitches in the quarantine process for people coming from overseas. I can’t believe that the USA with 350 million people and a top-of-the-range health system, has more cases than India with 1380 million people and a third world health system. An estimate of 450,000 deaths by February? How do you all bear it?
(2)

@MargaretMcKen, thank you. It is truly frustrating. When I hear of an non-believer, it burns me to no end, as you can maybe imagine. I do what I can to let people know that's it's real. My Dad had it too, tested negative 3 times! But thank God, he did recover.
(2)

Nickie, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.

My boss was my best friend, he was like sibling I never had. I had worked for him for over 10 years, and loved going into work. My boss thought the scientists didn't know what they were talking about, so he wasn't taking the virus seriously. At least he allowed me to work from home starting in March since I was taking this very seriously.

Back in May I get a call from my boss, he had called 911 and was going to the hospital, three days later he was gone, died from covid-19. I was both sad and angry. Angry because this could have been prevented :(
(3)

My in laws have taken the virus very seriously, but still contracted it. Masks and social distancing can only do,so much. Thankfully both mil and fil survived so far, but fil was on a vent for 3 days and in ICU for a week.
Once it takes hold in a community, there’s no stopping it. We mostly stay home, but I’m retired and my h works part time from home.
(3)

My mom passed away a week ago from COVID. It attacked her kidneys and heart, thankfully she died peacefully and did not have major breathing problems. It happened so fast though and I am in shock. My dad and her have been living at the Veterans Home since July because of my mom's Lewy Body dementia. I am so thankful my mom did not have to be alone. My dad also has COVID but seems to be doing okay. I am devastated, I miss her so much and am so sad I didn't get to see her or hug her before she passed.
(3)

I am not sure if my mom passed from covid though she did have most symptoms, but it's been exactly a year and I am still crying because she was also my best friend - and now my dad, who was sent for respite care, has contracted the virus there, so I am crying about that. So close to time that my mom passed away too, and right before Christmas again. I had tried to be so careful about the virus and I succeeded until someone else had him in their care. This is awful time and the people not taking masks seriously make me so angry. To not be able to talk or give a hug makes it even more devastating because my dad was always worrying about no one being around.
(3)

Nickie, I don't think it gets easier; it just becomes different, and it changes with the season, with birthdays and with holidays.    It is difficult to find coping methods, but try to focus on how much you learned from your mother, all the good times, how she helped mold you into the person you are, and similar positive thoughts.
(1)

Thanks Garden Artist. I appreciate it!
(0)

I'm so sorry Somersaunt. It has been a hellish year. I will pray for you. My Dad just passed this past Wednesday unexpectedly. I'm beside myself. The only way I'm getting thru this is with God's strength.
(0)

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to covid in October. She had many other health issues, but the death certificate had covid on it. I authorized the hospital to do whatever they had to do. They had her on a bipap machine and so the nurses told me she couldn't talk, and I didn't think to have them hold the phone to her ear until it was too late. I didn't get to see her at the hospital or speak to her. I am having a lot of trouble getting past it and it's been six months. I feel like a little kid in some ways, so lost without her. I pray for peace and will pray for the same for you as well. God bless you.
(0)

Vernacular, that is a terrible comment to leave a grieving daughter! You can be bitter about Covid all you'd like, but ALL lives are valuable in God's eyes, and all are noteworthy and exceptional to US, the family members. Death is hard on the family members, no matter HOW they died. My condolences on the loss of your grandfather & your niece.

Nickie, my condolences on the loss of your mom and your BFF. May God give you the strength & the courage to grieve this loss but know that you'll be reunited with your dear mom again one day. Sending you a hug and a prayer for peace.
(2)

Every life is precious, Verna. No matter what the causes. Sorry for the loss of your grandfather and niece.
(1)

Nickie, I’m so very sorry for the loss of your best friend and Mom. Praying for you through this very hard and very sad time.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter