Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
I have exactly the same problem!! He is demanding in every way. Wants to handle business and finances, resents me because I have POA. He is sneaky, he lies, he'll do anything to get whatever he wants. He's in assisted living and wants out. Dr. told him he can no longer handle finances, legal issues, important matters and can not drive. He does not understand why no matter how many times I, the doctor, the nurse at AL tell him. He calls and wants me to take him somewhere so he can discuss a "business deal". He left me with many financial problems and many items to sell which were foolish purchases he made when he actually had dementia, but before he was diagnosed. Tells me the only reason the doctor told him all this is because I requested it, not true. He is always upset with me, but wants sex from me. Doesn't understand why I don't. Today he asked me if I want a divorce. He called his attorney today. If he can't handle legal issues how can he request a divorce. He says he does not want a divorce. He wants to know how we can "solve this problem". I'd go along with a divorce, but there's no way either of us would financially survive. How do you handle this. Does he realize he has dementia?
(4)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter