Follow
4 5 6 7 8
Hey Bobbie, Cuz, Jsomebody & the rest of the Crew! Peach here, from way back in the thread. Wanted to check in & say HI! Update: Larry's been gone for almost a year...Feb. 13. Miss his like crazy! Hope all are well & Bobbie you're feeling better!!! Would love to catch up. Sent you a private message. Love & hugs to all!
(2)

Talked to my cousin Captain Bobbie tonight and she is doing good. She has been still trying to gain strength back from her bout with C-Diff. She has been real busy trying to catch up from being so sick but she still checks on the site when she has time. Hugs to all.
luvCuz
(4)

A young boy, about eight years old, was at the corner "Mom and Pop" grocery picking out a pretty good size box of laundry detergent. The grocer walked over, and, trying to be friendly, asked the boy if he had a lot of laundry to do.
"Oh, no laundry," the boy said, "I'm going to wash my dog."
"But you shouldn't use this to wash your dog. It's very powerful and if you wash your dog in this, he'll get sick. In fact, it might even kill him."
But the boy was not to be stopped and carried the detergent to the counter and paid for it, even as the grocer still tried to talk him out of washing his dog.
About a week later the boy was back in the store to buy some candy. The grocer asked the boy how his dog was doing. "Oh, he died," the boy said.
The grocer, trying not to be an "I-told-you-so", said he was sorry the dog died but added, "I tried to tell you not to use that detergent on your dog."
"Well, the boy replied, "I don't think it was the detergent that killed him."
"Oh? What was it then?"
"I think it was the spin cycle!"
(1)

Popping in to say hello. It has been a long time but I still think fondly of everyone here! Keep your spirits up and your hearts light, you are unsung everyday heroes. I saw Jsomebody and Bobbie is still here *waves* Love you guys, you kept me sane.
(4)

OMG, that is much too much Suz!
(0)

Got one for you....was visiting Mom and Dad at AL, he needed urinal, I gave it to him and turned back so he could have privacy...turned back around just in time to see him bring it to his lips, but grabbed it in time. (he has Alzheimer's)   Think he thought it was a beer stein....
(3)

Glad I brightened your a day a bit Jen. Hugs
luvCuz
(1)

Cuz is right, that can happen!
(1)

Jennifer, a manager at Walmart had the task of hiring someone to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of resumes she found four people who were equally qualified. Jennifer decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which of them would get the job.

The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, Jennifer asked, "What is the fastest thing you know of?"

The first man replied, "A THOUGHT. It just pops into your head. There's no warning."

"That's very good!" replied Jennifer. "And, now you sir," she asked the second man.

"Hmmm... let me see... A BLINK! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened. A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of."

???Excellent!" said Jennifer. "The blink of an eye, that's a very popular clich?? for speed." She then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply.

"Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light on the barn comes on in less than an instant. Yep, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of."

Jennifer was very impressed with the third answer and thought she had found her man "It's hard to beat the speed of light," she said.

Turning to Ernest, the fourth and final man, Jennifer posed the same question.
Old Ernest replied, "After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the fastest thing known is DIARRHEA."

"WHAT?" said Jennifer, stunned by the response.

"Oh sure," said Ernest. "You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom, but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, I had already shit my pants."

Ernest is the new greeter at the Walmart near you!

You probably will think of this every time you enter a Wal-Mart from now on.
(6)

eating chicken wings by sticking entire thing in mouth and then spitting out naked bone - not even the cartilage , onto the plate in restaurant.- Spitooo! ... i am wondering if dementia is starting with this guy...
(0)

Bleah... want vacation just thinking about that.
(1)

My poor Mom got sick vomiting. While I have sympathy for her, I am so grossed out. She did not get sick in the disposable container I gave her when she first felt nauseous. Instead, she got sick in my kitchen sink and used the scrubber to push it down the drain. She put her dentures on the counter filled with vomit. Thank goodness for bleach.
(3)

This is something I found on my Facebook by Incredible and would like to share it with you past caregivers and present caregivers.

To My Mother and Father

I wanted to call you today to say I love you.
But your old number is no longer in service.
I tried the operator and she said " sorry I
have no number for you".
I tried your house, but you don't live there
anymore. The post office has no forwarding address.
I guess heaven is to far away.
I Love You, I Miss You. You are in my heart always
and forever.
Merry Christmas to all those in heaven.

Share in remembrance of loved ones gone
but not forgotten.

Hugs top all
luvCuz
(3)

Thanks! I have no idea what is normal and what is not normal. It was the only time I have seen that happen. What about on the weekends when there is different staff? This past weekend, I found dirty gloves thrown on my Dad’s floor two days in a row.
(0)

Karen, what you're seeing is NOT normal. If ppl are wetting the floor during meals, and you're getting grossed out regularly, the staff does NOT have things under control the way the should. I speak from experience. My mom has been in a dementia unit for a little over 3 years. They are NOT supposed to leave ppl to their own broken devices.
(2)

Stay strong, Jen. Now you have to listen to people trying to be comforting, but, not knowing what to say.
(2)

jen ,,i just saw this , sending you a bear hugs xoxo , hope you go have yourself a vaction and hang out with bobbie ,,,you will feel so much burden comes falling off of your shoulders and you will be glad that you did .
xoxox
(1)

Good one Cuz!
(1)

Sitting by the window of her convent, Sister Judy opened a letter from home one evening.Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent.Sister Judy smiled at the gesture.

As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair. - Sister Judy," on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it, got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him.

The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression and a tip of his hat, went off down the street.

The next day, Sister Judy was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her. She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills.

"What's this?" she asked."That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister," he replied. "Don't Despair paid 80-to-1."
(6)

Jen!
I still have that boat...... Wasn't that a goal for us? :)
Wanna go for a boat ride?
If you don't feel like it all good, but I'm still here.
Lovbob
(4)

Jen so sorry about your loss. You have always been on our prayer list for what you have been put through. We are glad that your journey now is over and that you maybe able to move on with some happy thoughts about moving on from the past.Hugs to you Jen and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, which is going to get brighter now every day.
luvCuz
(3)

Reading this post has really been supportive for me and funny. Thanks for the laughs! I moved my Dad here to a nh 2 min from me and I go there several times a day. I hadn’t been in nursing homes very much and I am hoping I will lose weight because the stuff I see has disgusted me. It’s just gross! I’ve seen parts of my Dad I thought I’d never see and seen ppl wet the floor during dinner and stuff. Like ewwwww. My dad has only been here two weeks and just about every day, I see something new that is disgusting. This NH is nice and the ppl are nice, I’m sure it’s all normal, but it’s a shocker to me.
(3)

oh Jen ((((((((hugs)))))) Hate those kind of remarks. Look after yourself the best you can. I imagine you will have an emotional roller coaster ride for a while. Keep posting and let us know how you are.
(3)

Jen, I have been reading, not commenting. Not around as much as I used to be. My mom passed in June. While sad, it was past time, she suffered so with her disease.

It is over now for you. It will be difficult, I am sure to process all of the feelings. Rest...
(5)

It's over. He died at 2:15 this afternoon. It has been an awful week. I am just fractured and relieved and just raw... I have had fifteen people tell me he was a beautiful man who lived a good life and they were all so happy to have met him. Yes, thank you.
(4)

Ugh Jen. So sorry you are still dealing.
toxic stuff.
lovbob
(2)

Thanks Bobbie, He's not dead, yet. Eating less and less, using more and more morphine and bed ridden, It sounds like end stages but we thought he'd die right after Grandma died, then we thought he'd die after we had to placing him in nursing care....Not. So who know how long he can drag out dying...
He actually asks mom when I left the room if I had left. God just go away already! (Anyone not in the loop, we are dealing with a child molester here, not somebodies dear, kindly loving grandpa.)
(4)

Jen, thinking about you and what you're enduring. I can't imagine it.
A friend's husband died around 8 this evening. Cancer with Dementia tossed in at the end.
Jen Jen Jen pulling for you.
Lovbob
(1)

Fading, not sick, more morphine, odd statements to no one, semi-coherent, nurses are very polite and sorry and seem to be aware of it being the end....
(5)

Jen You know that we are all thinking about you. Know that the time will come but its not in our control ok? Hugs your way kiddo
Happy Turkey Day to all you wonderful caregivers from me and the wife. Hugs to all.
luvCuz
(3)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter