Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
kelley, I'm very excited for you. And very jealous, of course. bobbie, I think the sadness is going to come and go, and ya just gotta let it come. You are absolutely doing the right thing, and OF COURSE we're all envious of the brief break you're going to get. Besides, you've got to do it so we can all live vicariously through you. Dream a little dream of me......
j/k
miz Demi-ouch on the back. That's no fun! Hope he gets better soon
(0)

Hubby's back went out yesterday so I have two "patients" to take care of. :))
(0)

bobbie, Mom's hair is pretty short. I'll have to look into getting a Flobee. I understand your sadness today. Sometimes you have to go with it and then you'll feel better. You are doing the right thing. This is something you have to do. I know it's hard. I feel bad leaving Mom for a couple of hours. But she's always fine when I get home. In fact, she usually thinks I have gone to work for the whole day. Hang in there, sweetie.
(0)

Hey all,

Hi Miz Demi, how long is your mom's hair? That Flobee works great and you can do it in bed because all the hair gets sucked up. Mom's hair looks good today and she likes it.

Last year we were in NJ as opposed to S. Cali and man I was so worried about her falling on the ice. This year, forget it! nj has been under snow and ice for weeks and weeks.

these days leading up to mom going to the assisted living are tough. We both know what's up and have been crying off and on. Couple of wussies.

The whole boat thing started with mom and I thinking that a boat might just be the answer. I took her on a boat a few months back and she had a smile on her face as wide as the Delaware.
That's how we get her to walk. C'mon, how you going to climb up in that boat? Let's move.

I'm a sad unit today. Sorry.

lovbob
(0)

Ahoy Mateys!!

Kelley, I am so excited for you. My hubby and I met on the personals. It's so hard to meet guys, especially with what we are doing...being isolated and all. You go girl!! Just be careful. You're precious.

I have got to wash my mom's hair today. It get SO matted from her laying down so much. I need to get her into the beauty shop but it has to be on a good energy day. And that's so hard to predict. And, I don't want to take her out when it's slippery and so cold. Bring on the tropics!!!! I so love the hot weather. Mom reads the temperature on TV whenever it is on and she always says, "That's cold." Over and over again, bless her heart.
(0)

that is the best. Good for you.
If I was single i would be using yenta.com or whatever it took. Congratulations. It's not like you meet great guys while scrubbing the bathroom for the 4th time in as many days.

ok so you get to hang out next week for the day. Ooh baby, you know the song: give me a kiss to build a dream on...

very very happy for you and when the other sailors wake up and see your good news they are going to be happy too.

Whatever you do, be careful if you hop his bones.

lovbob
(0)

His name is Keith. We actually met on umm.. well a singles site *eeks* he mailed me and said that he really admires me for taking care of my mom etc.. blah blah.. we got to talking.. really hit it off.. turns out he is currently in a wheelchair due to a spinal injury.. i actually dont mind this.. he is in rehab and his injury is correctable.. just takes a lot of time.. i REALLY like him so far.. were going to "walk" around old town and just spend the entire day together next week.
(0)

No way we'd leave you! Don't be sad! You've been busy all day. I was talking about the boat and being safe so you would be comfortable on the ocean!!

Glad your mom is ok

but screw all of that

WHO DID YOU MEET? WHERE? WHAT'S UP? DETAILS PLEASE!!!

lovbob
(0)

Hi everyone!!!! I feel like I fell asleep on one of the many beaches and ya'll left me!! =(

Actually mom had another out patient surgery today and isnt feeling but all is well.. shes just coming down with a cold..

And.... IVE MET SOMEONE!!!!!!!!
(0)

Love Pamela's pictures and the input of everybody here. I'm the one who's lucky because we are going to have a world class par tay in the not too distant future with like minded individuals who know each other's hearts.

Thanks Rep for the vote of confidence. I promise to post my test scores if we get that far.

Dude!! I got an A in sinking!! oh boy.

learning to use a sextant will be a challenge, but we have to back up the computers!

I cut mom's hair today and I thought I screwed it up but it looks good. I use a Flowbee. You know the thing you attach to the vacuum? Works like a charm. Mom's on the stool, hair standing straight up lookin like she has a 220 volt plug in her butt.

Today was hair day. lips, chin and a haircut. Now we're watching/listening to Oprah talk to relatives of serial killers.

We were laying up in bed reading and Nik asked me early in our realtionship: If you were a serial killer, would you tell me?
I never looked up from the book and the answer was immediate: Nope.

He still remembers that.

BTW. I like TV and there's shows I love. (Deadliest Catch, who knew) i think that the boat should have a nice big flat screen with the Shakespeare SeaWatch 2020. it stabilizes the radar to compensate for the motion of the boat while we're underway. therefore, we can watch some tube (you guys can watch some tube) while the boat is moving as opposed to having to be in a slip and plugged into cable. There's a cheaper version that works on the hook, but doesn't work when underway.

You guys know what a landlubber is?
A landlubber is anyone who is on the boat and wishes they weren't.....

OK...this was a disjointed post, but here we're with friends so no biggie.

lovbob
(0)

Pamela, I absoluely LOVE your little pictures. Coming on to this website has helped to restore a little, tiny piece of my sanity, and your pictures do brighten up my day. All of you have helped me more than you will ever know, and I feel very lucky and blessed to have found you.
(0)

Care-giving family let me say something to you all. I think the world and all of you. Care-giving is so draining and I have learned so much from all of you.

It is my hope with each pix I post to atleast give you a smile, if only for a moment because in my mind, you deserve it.

Much Respect to all of you.
(0)

That's cute about the spa on board, rep.
(0)

Oh I'm sorry for those of you that don't know Burke Williams is a FULL SPA, they do it all. They're sending their best to the boat.
(0)

rephill, you're a girl after my own heart. A spa with pedicures, manicures, facials, massage, etc. etc. I am so there!! You've created my new manta. i'montheboati'montheboat... :)
(0)

Awesome! ahhhh, relaxation at last....no more sitting here listening to her go to the bathroom to make sure she doesn't try to wash the diaper out again.....

I'm on the boat I'm on the boat i'montheboati'montheboat.....
(0)

Rephill I just got off the phone with a rep. from Burke Williams and they will be sending a few of their best for us!!
(0)

OMG, you guys are making me hungry! Bobbie, I am floored about your knowledge of boats-I really hope you get to do something wonderful with it. And I will feel perfectly safe with you on board

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. We MUST get a Spa on board with all the goodies-deep tissue, sauna, facials, and full body massages all around!
(1)

Amen Maxine!
(0)

Pam you will have to fight me for seafood you can have the fish with bones I go for lobster the high maintaince stuff I am scared of warter more that 3 ft. high we will be some crazy crew caregivers let loose-I will even go up the Hudson anywhere-that would piss the husband off his spirit will say to God I died and she is on vaction can you believe and God will say leave her alone she had hell on earth.
(0)

Thanks, Miz Demi, but the main knowledge I have is that I don't know much! That's ok cause there's some great nautical teachers out there.
I have been seriously thinking about going to the Annapolis School of Seamanship. I could liveaboard somewhere near and complete the courses in a hard core environment so we are prepared!

One of the dreams I've had forever is taking my own boat through the Panama Canal. that's a huge event and requires all kinds of regs being met. usually they stuff a yacht behind a cargo ship and when the locks flood to lift the boat, it's rock and roll! WooHoo. love it. Of course you're tied 7 ways to Sunday but what an exciting experience.

I do look forward to having new things to think about as opposed to the insanity I'm dealing with now. We are all 'there' of course, but that's why I'm obsessed with BOATS!

ok, I'm done with the chin hairs, now comes the haircut and mani-pedi.

lovbob
(0)

I can't wait to soak up some rays!! Bobbie, hubby and I will help with the lines. You are so knowledgeable. I'm impressed!! I can only imagine what it will feel like not to have guilt, anxiety or the day to day stuff to deal with. I know there will be stuff to deal with but you know what I mean.
(0)

Bobbie good hearing from you, as usual. Glad you're feeling better today and I know you'll feel better 2morrow.

Everyone I'm excited about the trip, can't wait.

KellyBean for all the seafood you don't eat, I will. I'm glad you scale and gut though!!

Have a great day ladies!
(0)

Good morning to the West Coast and good Afternoon to the East.

I'm ok today, better than yesterday. We have an attorney's visit tomorrow, Fri is the Dr. home visit/evaluation, then I go to the place and do about an hour's worth of paperwork. I think that Check in for mom may be as early as Sat.

She's gone from gracious to mean, with the mean stares, etc. and I would imagine that it is to be expected because she knows that stuff is happening.

I try not to have guilt and remember my mom from when I was a little kid and she would spend hours with me. She taught me to read before I even went to kindergarten and I remember mom and my grandma (her mom) playing cards with me. For years I thought Rummy 500 was called Michigan Rummy. that's where they were from!

I'm truly doing my best! Ow. hurts

OK. Boats.

KelleyBean. When we cross open ocean it will be with a flotilla. A little fleet of boats that cruise at the same speed. Say we were going to the Bahamas. We wait for the weather and for the ocean to 'lay down' and we can wait in Ft Lauderdale or a few other jump off points in Fla. When we know the weather is right we move the boat.
This way we are in the company of experienced boaters and by the time I drive the boat with passengers across open ocean, I will be a licensed captain with over 365 sea days. a sea day is 4 hours or more on the water moving the boat.
I will be trained to the Coast Guard's standards and will have knowledge of navigation, coastal and ocean, diesel mechanics and how to dock the sucker so as not to embarrass us all! i will need help docking so who's at the bow and who's at the stern with the lines?

In the meantime, a licensed captain will move the boat for us and be part of the training. Boat too big and damage too likely for me to just try and wing it. this is actually a big deal, there's insurance and regs out the wazoo. we go by the book.
Boat will have all safety requirements met or exceeded and will be a Coast Guard documented vessel complete with EIRB, auto liferaft and plenty of PFDs personal flotation devices. (life vests). All of these issues are my problem so you guys don't have to worry about it! Safety is #1 so Kelley, does this make you feel any better?

She's like, no fool. It's still a deep ocean! That it is, but we only have to see the top of it. You can stand in the wheelhouse with me and watch the depth finder lose the bottom and then find it again as we near the Bahama shelf.

Your idea with the 2 sets of clothes is perfect. For showers in the tropics, people just use a 'sun shower' a big black douche bag looking thing that you fill up with water and hang in the sun. heats up perfect and then you don't have to scrub the shower in the head. Just take a shower on the swim step!

I don't like to kill things but I will eat them after they are dead and cooked. Nik will catch, butcher and cook it. He's come home with live eels, lobster, crabs, etc. i just leave the house until the screaming is over. I'm the one screaming.

ok, I Have to give mom a chin hair pluck. Women feel better without a beard.

love you guys and what is going on in your worlds today?

lovbob
(0)

Bobbie, how are you doing today???
(0)

Good morning, Mateys!! Kelley, I'm with you on seafood but I won't be able to watch when you skin and gut. LOL @ Barnacle Butt!! By the way, my hubby makes awesome blueberry pancakes.
(0)

I have to admit..im terrified.. i mean TERRIFIED of deep open water.. boats im ok with.. but at this point.. my thought was to bring 2 sets of clothes and a bathing suit.. one set to wear while the other is drying out.. and washing them by just jumping in!!!

I'm DO NOT like seafood.. i mean at all.. but i can catch, skin, gut and cook some!!! Weird huh? But growing up my granny made sure us "young'ins" knew how to do it..

I better be careful I dont call my mom "Barnacle Butt"
(0)

WooHoo Chef!

i'll swab and you cook.
(0)

mmm pamela, I'm with ya on the mac/cheese, asparagus, artichokes, and spinach salad!! Yummy!!
(0)

Chilean Sea Bass
Arctic Char
Flounder
Dover Sole
Mac/cheese
asparigus
artichokes
spinach salad
Pork Belly
Standing Rib Roast

All of which I can cook, Chef by Trade

and all the Johnny Walker Red I can C!
(sorry I'm late)
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter