Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Dear Boat Gang!

It's Sunday and Mom and I laid around yesterday watching the marathon and getting just a little teary about ol Cap'n Phil Harris.

kelleyBean and Rep and SS and Miz, you guys are the best. You really helped me and Rep, no kidding, a heart murmur all your life. wow.

quiet day and KB, sounds like a great date! We can get a boat with a davit and then we're able to lift loads/Kieth off the dock and place them gently on board.

I have a crazy plan that I'm hatching here that has to do with a pig mask, apple butter and a snowshoe. More later.

lovbob
(0)

Greetings everyone,

Mom is in quite the mood today. She enjoyed being home alone for a while lastnight, but this morning.. WHEW!! I swear overnight a bugs done crawled up and planted a great big "woe is me". I really dont like her sleeping during the day so she sleeps at night. But i told her to go take a nap lol.

Hope everyones day is a little brighter than yesterday!
(0)

Congrats, KB! Maybe, huh?
(0)

Hiya everyone..

just got home from date #2.. we couldnt resist not seeing eachother.. we had dinner at his place and then watched the marathon till i fell asleep on his shoulder.. he was a gentleman.. offered me the spare bedroom.. but i told him maybe another time.. *sigh* BIG TIME...

welcome aboard SS!!

rep.. you're a star!!
(0)

bobbie-luv, I have a heart murmur. They caught it about two minutes after I was born, and after nearly scaring both my parents to death and running a battery of tests on me they decided it was no big deal-the doc said I could run a marathon if I wanted to. When a doctor listens to my heart he hears thump-swish-thump instead of thump-thump-thump. I do have to tell every medical person that I have it tho. so don't panic yet-there are tons of different kinds of murmurs, and even if it's something a little more serious there's still hope. It is absolutely amazing what cardiologists can do today! So hang in there, and keep pestering the doc to give you all of the details about it as soon as he/she figures it out. Until then, we're on the boat with a gen-u-ine pirate and barnacles all over the bottom of the ship, and the spirit of Cap'n Phil Harris guiding us to Aruba and other exotic locations.......

hiyas everyone! we're getting a pretty neat group of ppl here-it's always fun to come and check out the gross-out thread and hear from everybody. Almost like we've made our on little chat room :) miz-hope hubby will start feeling better soon! We're all rooting for ya
(0)

Ahoy, Maties! I almost missed the boat! (I think while I was at the beach with Kelly) I stayed up till 3:00am reading your posts. OMG! Just call me Destiny! I'm on board with a bunch of drunken sailors! Piratess!!!!! Welcome back!! I've been looking for you. So glad you're on the boat! Well, I'm only on, if...ya'll don't mind cruising through the Soo Locks to pick me up, since I'm near the Great Lakes in Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge. O, ~and I'll bring the fudge!). I mean, if you don't mind me not drinking with you. You can call me DD for short (for Designated Driver). I'd have to go to school with you Bobbie. We'll ace this thing; no prob.

And...I'm ETP (easy to please), meaning, I'm on the SEE food diet. Just slap her down and I'm in. I can help cook and bake, too. Biscotti, anyone? I can swab decks, too. And tie a mean knot. Bobbie, better get the barge. Better yet, make it a honking yacht!!! And may I request a landing strip, so we can fly in and out at will. I mean, if we're going to dream, honey, might as well make it a doozie! I'm with ya'll on the Spa, though! Great idea. Don't forget the hot tub. That's a given, right?

Well, happy sailing, mates! Can't wait to shove off. Will have a couple stow aways, my big and little guy. The big one can do anything (a retired carpenter) and the little guy can be very entertaining. Since we homeschool, he'll just bring his books along. He's a whiz at electronic snap circuts, and can make a radio while we're at sea. He can make rope ladders or nets, etc. And the guys can play some mean Monopoly. Scrap that~ Othello, or Euchre anyone?

Don't know how much I'll be on the boat, though, you'll probably find me jumping ship to my current obsession: the beach! In fact, Hwy 2 is soon calling me...OK, maybe after the snow melts... Meanwhile, back to dreaming...ahhhhhhh

Just for the record: I went to sailing and canoeing camp as a kid. Talked hubby into taking me sailing on a Sunfish when I was 7 months preggie, and he can't even swim. Poor soul! Seems I'd forgotten a few things by then, and we couldn't even get the stupid thing to come about. He had to float/wade us to the other side of South Higgins Lake. Some pitying boater had to haul us two slobs back to the State Park. I didn't care, cuz it was a glorious sunshiny day! Hubby probably won't trust me for sailing again. He needs to learn to swim! Right now, I'm dreaming of snorkeling by the islands. I am looking for that glassy sea! Yee haw, Maties, count me in!

Hey, Kelly, my hubby and I met through the personals 12 years ago. Ya never know...

Really, Bobbie, ~barnacles? Too much!

G'day, Mates!
(1)

thank you KelleyBean. and thank your mom for me. I keep looking into mom's room to see the covers moving up and down. Of course I have been doing that for years.

ok, here's one. Deadliest Catch marathon is on. I've been crying and had to blow my nose. I sound like the QE2 coming into port. Nik is standing in the living room, hears my foghorn go off and whips his head to the TV thinking that it's a boat horn on the show.
crying to laughing in a nanosecond. yay for Nik.
yay for KelleyBean too. thank you very much for telling me about your mom's murmur. whew please God not yet.

lovbob
(0)

Yes, Bobbie, really, I just asked mom again how long shes had it and neither one of us can remember when she was diagnosed, its been that long.. And they say its a loud one. See what the cardiologist has to say.. dry your tears *hugs*

Shes a pirate, Bobbie.. we will hide the rum and have ourselves a treasure hunt in between island hopping lol
(0)

KelleyBean? Really?
I'm sitting here crying. Mom isn't up yet. I'll tell her I got cream in my eyes.

thank you MissBean.

Miz won't be back until noon sunday. She's got some time off to go with her husband to his chiropractor.

I love Pam. very funny:
awwwwww lawdddddd we got a real pirate, we're in business now!

must make note to stock Rum on boat.

We need to hear from Maxine and Rep and the rest of the gang.

lovbob
(0)

Bobbie,
was actually sad when i heard about Phil.. he was one of my favorites to watch.. 2nd to the time bandits boys ;)

My mom has lived with a murmur for YEARS. Don't panic just yet, my friend... calm cool waters!!!!

pam, you doin alright today?

Hows the hubbysitting going, miz??
(0)

awwwwww lawdddddd we got a real pirate, we're in business now!

Bobbie sorry I missed all that, hope everything turns out OK. MiZ, (aka Demi) hows hubby. What's up Rep, hey Maxine you OK? alright now there KellyBean what did Ms Sophia say "Iz got a man now". SS are you there? or am I sleepy.

Talk w/u all 2morrow.
(0)

Hey all,

Mom has a 'loud' heart murmur. I'm freaking. I changed my flight to NJ to Fri instead of Monday so i can take her to the cardiologist. She looks good, says she's feeling good so of course I haven't mentioned it to her, just saying that it's part of the check in procedure for the place.
I got her some new outfits and tonight we had a fashion show, She looks great.
she said today that she doesn't want to go and we talked about it and she knows that it's best because of how hard it would be for her to fly with me and cope with all of that.
I hope she'll be ok.

Miz Demi and sore husband, KelleyBean and NICE DATE! with Keith. sounds like a sweet guy.
Hey Rep, whassup.
Hey PirateGal! Can you drive a boat? Love your pic.
I'm obsessed with boats. Takes my mind off of the sad parts of what we do and takes my mind off of the worry for a minute.

Everybody hang in there and be safe and there's a Deadliest Catch marathon on the Discovery Channel tomorrow in honor of Captain Phil Harris who died recently. (saturday) starting noon Eastern, 9am here in the West. I'm telling you, watch this show and know that we are not going to the Bering Sea to fish crab. Love to watch those big boats thrash about in those huge waves. SS Hurl.

lovbob
(0)

Kelley, i am soooo happy that your date went well. I hope the next time is wonderful too!! PirateGirl, I'm glad you're here. You will love this bunch. bobbie, how did the eval go? How are you doing? I probably won't be on here until Sunday after 12:00 pm. Hubby says there's supposed to be a bad snow storm coming. We're going north so I'm kinda nervous. We'll take it easy though. His back is not any better. I hope the chiropractor can help him tomorrow. He's been using Mom's walker some. My how life is strange. I'm so glad you're all here. Wish we were on that boat though. :)
(0)

good luck Cap'n!! We'll be here afterwards
(0)

Hey there PirateGal. We have a Pirate!!! this is huge.

talk more later, doctor coming late for mom's evaluation.

lovbob
(0)

I was a member last year but this dumb website fried on my email addy and had to create a whole new email account (for nothing)...silly that you cannot contact anyone here at this website about stuff like that...my previous name was Piratess.
(0)

lol welcome to the club, pirategal!!!! glad youre here!!!!!!!!
(0)

Well I just read the first few entries of this post and I thought to myself...well then I am not alone with this gross stuff. God forbide I do any of that later on...please shoot me. My mom started to do gross stuff just within the past 6 months...when I come over there (she is still living on her own becuase my life would be over due to she is so controlling)...I find silverware and cups and glasses loaded up with layers. She will not get into the habit of putting dirty stuff in the sink...I finally have gotten over that and just deal with it now. Yep I know about food all over the table on clothes and on the floor. My mom used to be such a freaking neat a holic too...what happened....alz/dem? She's on a constipation kick now...oye veh!
(1)

Hi everyone!!

Sooooooo... *sigh* it was so wonderful....... he even encouraged me to take a cake to my moms daycare for her bday.. she said she didnt want one, but we agreed she really WOULD. Poor Keith, he stayed in the van and when the staff heard why i couldnt stay.. well they all went out there to look at him! hahah... embarrassing but mom was so cute all of them standing there waving at him..and he was a good sport about it! I felt so bad that he was then heading home in horrible traffic.. pamela knows what im talking about!! and he said "but it was well worth it to me" awwww.....Next week im going down there to spend the day and see his town (he lives about 50 miles from here)

Mom was very happy for me and asked a bunch of positive questions. she is just so cheery right now that i hope i can hold that attitude for a while. because as we all know.. when its a good day its a great day and when its bad... its hell..

today seemed like a good day for everyone.. except Miz.. poor thing.. i think ill buy you a face guard..
(0)

Howdy. Hi. Hello. Howareya? Sorry, I'm tired & punchy....
(0)

Hello everyone just popped in to say hello to everyone!
(0)

Miz-I totally agree-I wish this site has a chatroom. and if anyone asks about the cat scratch, just say "You should see the other fella." And enjoy the muscle relaxers while they last-might as well get some kind of fun out of it

Kelley-oooooh, I'm so excited for you! Take a lot of notes for us and have a blast!

bobbie-gma is infuriating to feed. She has decided that any amount of food over 3 bites is going to make her fat. uuuuugggh. So I sympathise with the whole eating disaster. Hope the doc eval goes well. Keep us posted.
(0)

Ow, Miz!
love to all,
off to vacuum.

lovbob
(0)

LOL Kelley. If only... Hubby's back is no better today. He's walking about as slowly as Mom. We're heading to his home town tomorrow and he's gonna see his chiropractor there. I hope they give him some anti-inflammatories. They make him very happy and even sweeter. ;) I can't wait to get away!! It will be from 9:30 am tomorrow to 12:00 Sunday. I hope lunch goes wonderful today!! My advice is just to take it slow. Not that you asked for my advice. :)

Bobbie, I have the same problem with my mom eating. She'll say she's not hungry and then wants food or she'll say she's hungry and then won't eat. It does get frustrating.

Cat scratched me this morning. On my face. I was carrying her and she got spooked and ouch!!!!
(0)

Good Morning all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

thanks, KelleyBean. Iknow that you're right. Man, it's tough.
Lunch today with Keith. hot stuff. Love it hope you guys fall in love!
(if yu want to....)

Miz Demi? How is your husband's back today? Any relief?
And yes, I think a chat room would be excellent for this site. Maybe they'll see that as something that would be a benefit to the site.

Pamela and everybody, whassup?

Today is doctor evaluation day for mom. She was in good spirits yesterday and then 'sundowned' and I ended up cooking her 2 dinners and she didn't want either one. When Nik came home he made her a grilled cheese and she liked that, but still only ate half. It's tough because she'll get hungry again in an hour and then become upset that I'm not feeding her.
The place where she's going has chow available most of the day so that will work out.

Off to make some coffee.

lovbob
(0)

miz,

maybe "throw your back out" too and spend alone time with hubby??
(0)

Evening fellow boaters, stormy seas today with mom. I think shes just not feeling well and grumpy!

So... instead of meeting next week.. Keith and I are going to have lunch tomorrow... =O I haven't been on a date in a couple YEARS.

Bobbie, I know this sounds strange, but... let the tears come from both of you.. it shows eachother how much you love eachother and care... i know that when it gets very hard for me here like it has been the past couple weeks, how much i wish my mom could show me that im wanted and needed here... yes you and your mom need a break from eachother.. but its so good to know that shes really going to miss you and you her.. which will make your homecoming even better!!

i also agree that she is going to have a really good time with her fellow party goers hahaha. And just remember. Its not like you cant visit her or anything!! yes 2 months is a long commitment, but she isnt locked up!!

yes.. think of the boat.. sipping a icy drink in the cockpit and thinking of the next exotic port.

ooo just had a thought.. we have to start saving.. monte carlo!!!!!
(0)

rephrill, I hope so too. I feel bad for him. He's walking like an old man at 40!!
(0)

Sometimes I wish this site had a chat room...
(0)

Gross!! Gross!! Gross!! thinkaboutheboatthinkabouttheboatthinkabouttheboat!!!!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter