Follow

Thank you everyone here who has been giving me support. I only joined this website recently and I wish I had known about this site sooner. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that my beloved grandmother has passed away this morning. She went in her sleep, surrounded by the ones who loved her most.

We have been making all the necessary arrangements and dealing with relatives who should just stay away until all things are handled. I will probably still be posting here because according to the Hospice Social Worker who was handling my grandma's case says will help my grieving and healing process. As some of you know, I was the primary care giver for my grandmother until a little over a month ago when my grandmother went on hospice and we finally were able to have health care aids. These two women were by far the greatest people who were taking care of my grandmother and in the short time I knew them, they will forever impact my life. Things are going to be hard as I still have 2 weeks of school left with finals, but I will manage to finish them and I will do it because that is and was what my grandma wanted, me to finish school.

My healing process will be slow and I will have my good days and bad and I really thank you all for whatever support and words of comfort you will share.

I loved my grandma very much as she was my main caretaker when I was growing up. I will have very fond memories to keep with me always and I hope that I will be able to share what I learned from her to help anybody else.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Stargazerlily-
I am so sorry for your loss. You will get through it and you are not alone. Study hard as you know that is what your grandma would want for you to build a life for yourself.
(0)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Grandma was so very lucky to have you to take care of her. Take care of yourself...your Grandma wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
(0)

Take heart, know we understand your loss and I will keep a good thought for you and Grandma, I lost my dad around this time of year and it makes a hard time, harder. Keep the faith.
(0)

So sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. She was lucky to have you in her life as I'm sure you feel the same. Good luck with your studies..
(0)

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I loved my grandmother dearly, so I know how much it hurts. Your grandmother did a great job in raising you, now you can make her proud as you accomplish things in your own life. Hugs to you...come back here whenever you need some support of fellow caregivers.
(0)

She will watch over you now and forever.
(0)

My sincere condolences. Having finals now sounds stressful, but it can be very helpful to have to focus on something else in the first few weeks.

Do keep in touch.
(0)

stargazerlily, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know the next few weeks will be hard for you. You can feel good, though, knowing you were there for her when she needed you. You were a wonderful granddaughter and she was blessed to have you. I hope that you can finish all your school work and do well. Please let us know how it is going with you.
(1)

So sorry for your loss. You were as much of a blessing to her, as she was to you. Keep coming here for support......we gotcha.
(2)

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) star -you have done so well and your grandmother is proud of you. I am sorry for your loss. Good luck with the rest of the term, Take some time out for yourself - important to do what you can, but also not do what you can't. You will figure your way through it. Please do let us know how you are doing. more (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and prayers
(0)

I am sorry for your loss. The holidays are a particularly difficult time to lose someone and on top of that you have finals. I will keep you in my prayers, no doubt you have a tough few weeks ahead of you as we'll as a grieving time. Take comfort in the fact she knew you loved her.
Best wishes in your future.
God Bless,
L
(2)

So a little update as since Friday will be 1 month since grandma has passed away.... I managed to get though finals week with 2 extensions from professors who were extremely understanding. I haven't registered for the Spring semester but I will be doing it this week or atleast getting my stop lifted so that I can register for school. I was considering taking the semester off but I realized that it wouldn't be good for me because some days I have a hard time coping with her not being in the house. I haven't gone to berevement group yet because on top of everything, we had a flood in our basement. Also we've been so busy cleaning out my grandmother's room that I just dont have the time. I found so much stuff that I now understand why I was the way I was when it came to keeping papers and stuff... I get it from her...

My aunt hasn't spoken to any of us except for the aunt that I live with telling her that she wants to meet with her alone and talk and that she wants my grandparents marriage certificate. (She's not getting it because we know it would fall into the wrong hands and that atleast if I have it, we know it will be kept because of the meaning it has.) (My grandparents were married for 49 years when my grandfather passed away and my grandparents really loved eachother and I just worry that it will end up going into the trash one day)

The whole family has pretty much shunned us yet they want things that belonged to my grandmother. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
(2)

I am sorry to hear about you grandmother, grandmothers are very important people and after losing mine in 1990 to AD I still miss everything about her, and do feel that she is watching over me now and forever.
(0)

Stargazerlily what a blessing to have had such a women in your life, who has left such an impression on your heart you want to share her wisdom in your world with others. So sorry for your loss, but sounds as though she is still with you now and always God Bless you on your journey!
(0)

Stargazer~ I am so sorry for your loss. You were a great caregiver and being there in the end helped your grandmother pass over. Take some time for yourself after your finals. Hugs to you!!! Continue to post as you have info to share to help others!!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter