Follow

On my mom’s property we have to spend down the money in Ohio and what we don’t spend goes to Medicade on what they have put out so far. You can only pay back what they have put out nothing more. But my mom’s property and house was only appraised at 13,500 so it should not be too hard. Ohio is a very hard Medicade to deal with in terms of nursing homes and long term care. I just wanted everyone to know what we had to do at this amount. Maybe it’s different if there home is worth more I’m not sure.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you so much for posting the detail on your adventure with LTC Medicaid. We do all learn from each other!

i know it may be hard to see this right now, but you have done a really fabulous job being a dutiful & responsible daughters in dealing with the maze that is Medicaid. Dealing with the car to get it lowered to $300 was so well done. And now y’all have gotten the house sold! Seems like Ohio is really penny pincher so that it’s only $13,500 is fortunate. It’s a easy spend down or couple of months of private pay and Presto! $ all gone! Good for you!
(0)

IMO thats the way it should be handled when u sell a house. The proceeds go to backpay and Medicaid continues without a break. Most states though, Medicaid stops and then u need to spenddown again.

Thanks for the info.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter