Follow

Over the last 8 months through the good times and the bad I have turned here for others insights and thoughts on how to be positive in a most trying situation with my MIL who had Alz/ Dementia Cancer of the brain liver and lungs. Those who offered help and at times put me in my place when feeling the poor poor pitiful me. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! MIL Passed on July 3 @ 7:58 PM EST. She was surrounded my loved one's and family friends. I asked her to take FIL's hand and go towards the light that it was OK to go and she will be missed. I haven't had time to grieve or even catch my breath yet due to family members visiting, odd to me that they visit AFTER SHE DIED but.............every family has that "oddball", we have more than 1 !! Again thank you for all your help and support

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Kathy.

I hope you come back from time to time to pass along your experience to others.

I wish you the best. :-)
(0)

Kathy, Remembering your struggles, as yours was unique, I am sorry for your family's loss. Receive the peace that now may be yours.
(1)

I too extend my condolences for your loss. But I'm glad that you were able to get support here to help you through this difficult time.

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts.
(1)

Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss. She is now free of pain and you are now able to care for yourself. Do come back.
(2)

Kathyy1, so sorry for your loss. Yes, its time now for all of those relatives to go home, so that you can get in touch with your own feelings of loss a grief, and get some much deserved relaxation! Ive been through the loss of 3 parents, and the stressful waiting and then their dying, the funeral planning and tying up loose ends, it all ads up to loss of sleep, and wears us down to the nub. It's time to take care of you now, so take care of yourself, and God bless you and your family!
(1)

((((kathy))))

You went through a lot and kept at it, no matter what. I know what you mean about having more visitors after someone dies. There were more people at my father's funeral than had been to his house in a lifetime.

I hope your life settles soon and you give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. You deserve it.
(2)

Kathyy - from what you wrote your MIL must have been suffering. I hope you can take comfort in knowing her suffering is over - and that she indeed took the hand of her husband and is free now. My sympathies to you and your husband.
(2)

You are very welcome. Be sure to come back from time to time to share what you have learned with the rookies.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter