Follow

I just don't care anymore. I have spent the last 11 months worrying about everyone and everything and I am just tired of it. My girls live at home, with their sons, my Mom needs 24/7 care, my MIL may have had a small stroke, my husband and I have very little time to ourselves and cannot make plans. So what. I have noticed in the last year that I am more apt to give you my opinion whether or not you asked for it. I need to find time to do what I WANT to do, now what I HAVE to do. Yeah right.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Know that feeling. Been this way since i could remember. Best bet is find an outlit. I read mostly. Its a vacation without the vacation. Find something you love and do it. Even if its only 10 minutes at a time.
(1)

Saving, you'lll never *find* the time. You have to *make* the time. The more impossible that seems, the more true it is. As to how you make the time, I don't know enough about your situation to tell you, but from the bit you wrote it seems the 'girls' are adults so perhaps it's time to give them 6 months notice to find their own living space, & get mom & MIL into assisted living or other appropriate care facilities.

I've been through the cycle--got out from a major care commitment, only to let myself get sucked into another. Now in the serving notice and following through part of getting out again. It's not easy.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter