Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Countrymouse, something similar happened to my Grandmother's dog. According to family members who where their decades ago, Grandmother had a stroke and was taken to the hospital, as time passed everyone felt she was recovering.

Then one day Grandmother's dog, out of the blue started to howl. Family members couldn't console the dog, the dog was frantic. Then the phone rang, a family member at the hospital said that Grandma had died. It was amazing how that dog knew.
(7)

I hear and read of people who have "felt" their deceased loved one...that they know their loved one is with them. I'm envious of these people because I can see this feeling gives them some peace, a sense of calm. I wish I could feel my father but I guess I have too much anger and pain over what happened to him that I wouldn't be able to "feel" him. My heart just hurts too much.
(8)

freqflyer....I can't believe all the "signs" I feel Iv'e had from Mother since she left and I really don't know what to think but it's like she's here sometimes,I just can't see her,but I feel her Love.
(8)

The vibes that animals pick up can be very unsettling, FF; and I have experienced that one. The day after my father died, I drove with the kids and the dogs to my mother's house. Cindy always had to stay in the car until we'd made sure my parents' cats weren't anywhere where she'd bother them, so she was perfectly used to waiting a while before she was allowed inside.

As soon as I'd shut the front door behind us, Cindy started howling her head off. She'd never, ever howled before - we're talking wolves by moonlight style - but something set her off. An absence? A presence? No idea. It was just awful.
(5)

I had written this about 2 weeks ago on the "Caregiver's Cats Behaving Badly" about a strange incident.....

While my cat Katie was housed in the Animal ER, I noticed at home a certain unusual odor over by where I have my late Dad's bookcase filled with some of his books and knick knacks. My sig other and our male cat didn't notice the odor, but the other female cat did,... she even stood up to look into the bookcase. And would eye the bookcase every time she went by. This went on and off for two days. I know this sounds weird, I was wondering if my late Dad [who passed in Sept] was trying to tell me that it's ok, he will take care of Katie when and if she joins him.
(7)

my dad and i had an agreement he would visit me after he passed. He never did-.
I have been wondering if it is because of the trauma I experienced and that I no longer believe, so i wont see.
(2)

My Irish Catholic superstitious grand ma believed in leprechauns and banshee's. Think I spelled that correctly. I grew up with her. She definitely believed in " visits ". My mom and I lived in the same house when her dad died. We had a cat. We went to bed early as the funeral was the next morning. I'm in my room , the cat is on my bed, my moms in her room. The cat wakes up and starts hissing at the wall. I see my grand pap in a suit floating up the wall. I saw the back of him. I was 20. I run into my moms room. She said , I just saw my dad floating up the wall and their was tear flowing down his cheek. I believe this is real.
(6)

Gershun,
In agreement.
Love from,
Sendhelp
(5)

I'm not a skeptic per se but I do feel strongly that seeking out visits from our departed loved ones goes against the teachings of the Bible. My Hubs knows how much I miss my Mom and has suggested that we go visit a medium. While I truly believe that there are people who can communicate with the departed I think that those who are profiting from it are evil and could maybe tell you something but the source would not be a godly one.

One night shortly after Hubs and I had been having these types of conversations I had a dream about my Mom. She was laying next to me in bed. I had been praying a lot "God, let me have one last hug from my Mom" In my dream, my Mom said to me "Stop praying for one last hug............you may get it but it would not be me. Not everyone who has passed is nice" I took that as confirmation of what I already believe.

I hope to see her in heaven again one day. I will just have to be patient for that.
(9)

I'll be the sceptic then!

FF, I think you were thinking about her. I think your thoughts are exactly what you saw. It came as a jolt because you weren't aware that you were thinking about her, but she's such a constant presence in your mind that you don't need to be.

Which I think is a comfort, that our loved ones are that deeply embedded in us.

I still expect to hear my Dad when I pick up the phone, on occasion.
(6)

I had a vision of my Father several months after he died 45 years ago. I got weak and faint feeling. Laid down in bed. Saw him clearly in a floating lighted oval shape in his den in front of the built in desk that was previously my brothers bedroom. (My brother had got married and moved out of the house after college) Father was holding papers in his hands. He said it was his will. He told me to go read it and take it to Mother. Then the vision disappeared. Men were courting Mother and he wanted mother to know what would happened if she remarried per his will. He had a purpose and the outcome was what I thought he meant to have happen. I wasn't the one who brought the end result around to its outcome. But I believe he contacted me to have the end result brought about.
(5)

FF, I have heard of these things happening. I have not been visited myself yet. Mom is probably too busy enjoying where she is. I do wonder if this will ever happen. If it does you all will be the first to know.
(6)

FF
My dad died when I was a teen - on the first anniversary of his death my mom was out of town with her siblings - at night I heard footsteps from the living room down the hallway and felt his presence stand in my doorway as parents do to check on their kids in bed
(6)

I've heard enough stories like this, Ff, to know better than to doubt them.
(9)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter