I recently read an article someone asked about getting DPOA for someone whos dmentia appears to be worsening. Others replied with that there is nothing the relative can do except get guardianship. Part of their answer is correct. It is better to have established a DPOA prior to diminished capacity. However, if you have not done so, there is another option. You can file for conservatorship of the person. Now, this is a little costly, but you can see if your fees can be paid out of the person you are trying to conserve, estate.

I recently had a patient who’s relative filed for conservatorship and the attorney fees were paid for out of the person she conserved estate.

I hope this was hopeful.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter