Get this: the woman who reported me to DHS for "abusing" my mom, is now getting paid $100 per month by mom's PG to drive her around.

Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
I haven't done anything yet. Wondering why fight with dement and her guardian. I'm not sure what to do at this point, and am more concerned with my SIL dying of Stage IV Cancer, sent to her daughter's on Hospice, than my mom's tirades, shennanigans, and false accusations. Heard from my attorney last week who said the court wants him to sign off, but he didn't attach what he said he would, for me to sign. So tired of the system. But I will have to work with it till the end...and beyond, as executrix of their estate (or what's left of it). Right now, treading water. Thanks for asking.
(0)

SS what's going on?
(0)

She is an Incapacitated individual, with a mental health condition, and dementia. Doesn't that make a difference? I'm thinking of taking my dad to his home, and stopping this nonsense.
(0)

Police Protection? SS if your mom is giving the OK for things to be removed to these people, there is nothing the police can do. If a person gives permission thats it.

Maybe I just misunderstood.
(0)

True that.
Onward and Upward SS and you know we'll be here for you.

Angel!

lovbob
(0)

The worst is when mom is giving things away "voluntarily," thinking I am the one swindling her. Dement does strange things to a person's brain. They have her convinced she's a victim to the one who's been doing everything for her and my dad for the past 2-1/2 years. Sad. Just visited my dad at the nursing home (mom, ~his wife, rarely does). He told the nurse I am his daughter. So cool he knows who I am. I'm glad he doesn't know what's going on behind the scenes. Thanks, everyone. We will probably seek police protection about all this. I know mom's guardian doesn't give a rip.
(0)

Hey SS, I just now saw this thread!

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this soul sucking behavior from the people you WISH you could trust but you know you can't.

Maybe you should make your own raid on mom's house and put some antiques/valuables away just in case these idiots continue to screw the pooch and you still have to come up with support for your mom.

My mom had a circle of morons around her that were trying their best to get what they thought was the 'loot' and I got reported to Adult Protective Services... the same deal but I didn't have a sib who interfered... just moms 'friends' and I was able to get them to step waaay back. With a little distance mom actually had lucid moments where she could see what they were trying to do.

I mention the above story because it was so hard for me to deal with just that and what you have are the trials of Job. It makes my experience pale in comparison and like i said I know how hard it was for me.

SS you have my absolute Respect for your grace in this. I think it would kill a lesser human being.

People suck.

lovbob
(0)

My family has been dealing with several dysfunctional things since it's roots. Mental illness in one, affected everyone, and continues to this day. Every day I find something new to disgust me in connection with their actions. No hope for change, and some should know better. Getting tired of the battle.
(0)

It's a sad thing to know that illness really can destroy a family. Just rips it right apart.
(0)

Thank you, sweet Anne. There's lots going on with several family members right now. Prayer appreciated. Thank you for your support, everyone.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions