Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Hey everyone! Thx for posting on this thread! Welcome to Send, Lucky, Susan, Cwillie, MsMadge, JessieBelle and everyone else.
(4)

Susan....I agree.There are so many problems at home and I sure don't need anymore and I'm sure no one else does either.When arguments and heated discussions come up,I stay away and just forget about what I wanted to post in the first place.I'm thankful that we can start over with a clean slate.Thanks again Gershun.
(6)

Here's hoping this new "whine" thread stays clean and free of rancor and discord. We all have way too much going on in our lives to come here and deal with that. We come here to support each other and get things off our collective chests when need be. Let's try to keep it civil if we can.

And please note I'm not naming names or placing blame - but it would be great if we could keep it on a civil level and just come here to vent, talk and enjoy each other's company - and just scroll past any inflammatory comments. A fire can't burn without fuel, and if ignored long enough, the ones making them will stop.
(8)

I used to go through an excruciating game of telephoning the doctor's office, then the pharmacy, back to the doc again. I finally realized it was easier to make an appointment (just me, not mom) and have her fax the script while I was there. I guess she gets paid more that way.
(4)

Whine of the day... well, really about a year now.

My mother's doctor is driving me crazy. We have an electronic dashboard for requesting prescriptions. Sometimes she writes the prescription. Sometimes I have to call. Lately she has gotten so where she writes the wrong number or gives no refills, so I have to go through it again really soon. These are blood pressure medications and not narcotics. Good grief. I think her doctor has gone off the loony edge. It's like a wrestling match to try to manage the medications.

A bad or incompetent doctor is not a caregiver's friend. We have an appointment with a new doctor next month. I hope she'll be good so we can get rid of this person who doesn't need to have a license to practice.
(5)

Yeah! A new day, a fresh start. Seize the day! Be back tomorrow!
(6)

Thank you for a fresh start Gershun.
(6)

I have an elderly family member in the hospital, but cannot post out of respect for her and family's privacy. Limited to taking a few casseroles essentially. If it were not for this forum's members I would not have known what to do. I am not as worried, but just not feeling myself.
(7)

Thanks Gershun, for the new thread. You have always looked out for the forum members and the community here!
(8)

Imtired, I'm so very sorry for your loss!
(6)

The SSI burial benefit will go to his children if he is not legally married to their mother. That benefit is a payout to a spouse or dependent children if no spouse only.
(5)

I just buried my 34 yr old son. I paid all expenses, will I receive the 250.00 burial
Benifets? Or will his children? ( who are 11 and 8. ) do I h ave to prove I paid expenses?
(1)

I hope that this new thread will take off. Sometimes threads disappear for a while and then come back. If the old whine thread comes back that would be great, but if not I hope everyone feels free to post on this one.
(4)

You are welcome MsMadge. Bring all your friends.
(3)

Gershun
Thanks for the new thread
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter