Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Cool, really cool folks.
Try clicking on next-you get three days ago.
Try clicking on LAST, you get the first page, first comment when this thread was started, two months ago!
The learning curve is steep.  
(4)

Oh, I did have to scroll to the bottom of the page to post my most recent comment, which will post on this page at the top! Wow, that's not right.  
So, Churchmouse, just Who or what is doing the dreaming?Is it the dog, or a person?  Maybe the dream team will come and take us all away soon, and there will be no more torture for us.

Posters/readers:  You will now be required to read further down the page to find the comment made by Churchmouse.  It will no longer be on a previous page!
It will enter your mind "as if" what I said was first, ha ha ha,

Dog nightmares, bad dreams all around.
(1)

This is odd and useless,, huge font, no easy way to get to questions...
(3)

What I came on for was to ask about dog dreams, the kind where the paws are going nineteen to the dozen and there's a good deal of woofling and harrumphing and squeaking going on. Does anybody know how to tell if they're good dreams or bad dreams? I never know whether he's running away, running towards or running after. How can you tell?
(1)

Did the hire someone in the A/C office with advanced dementia, who was show timing during the interview, to make changes to the forum
I HATE HATE HATE IT
(5)

This odd looking big type and not being able to see the previous comments unless I comment is happening here too. What is up with this??!
(1)

I love Into the Woods, and the film version has been on several times this week.. I'm humming and enjoying!
Gershun your Pot cloud reminded me of seeing ZZ Top in the 80s...LOL They did not need the smoke machine...
(2)

I agree Lucky. I saw Phantom of the Opera too. I thought it was incredible. I love so many of the songs in that show.

I haven't been to a lot of concerts in my life though. I guess the biggest act I ever saw live would have to be The Who. I wasn't even a fan but a friend had tickets to give away so I went. It was a big group of us and they were all heavy pot smokers so I spent the evening in a cloud of pot smoke. LOL The air was ripe with it.

I never thought it was a big deal at the time but when I met my husband and told him I'd seen The Who he was blown away. "you saw the Who!" Wow!" I personally don't remember much about the evening cause I was choking on pot smoke.
(1)

Mom2Mom and MsMadge...The Best show I ever saw in my life was "Phantom of the Opera" in Las Vegas.I never wanted it to end and loved every song and act so much and Andrew Loyed Webber came out on the stage that night,the writer of it,and there was a huge applause.Outside of my Wedding night,it was the best night of my life.I'd Love to see Billy Joel in concert though.I bet it'd be awesome.....I hope you get to go MsMadge and you are lucky to have seen it Mom2Mom...My Mother took me to that show and the next day,we went and saw "Jubilee" and all these topless ladies came down from the ceiling.It was OK,but didn''t begin to touch "Phantom"........
(3)

MsMadge: "Has anyone seen Billy Joel in concert?"

Yes! He is awesome in concert. I have seen him several times dating all the way back to the 1980's. This most recent time was last year and it was an outdoor stadium. I do prefer the indoors venues but he is worth seeing anywhere.
(1)

Send.....thank you so much for asking "where I am"......truly appreciated, BUT.....I'm still here, just not so much since Mom's passing......too busy dealing w/social (Celebration of Life) and legal (settling the estate) issues.....

And the social was lovely.....I truly think Mom (who had the forsight to have a Will and Trust and, share in her hand-written notes, how she preferred her her final remembrance to be.....every detail.....yesss....).....would be pleased....very....it was truly lovely.....

And then there are the lovely little vagaries of life that always manage to hit you at the worst possible time (my beautiful, pristine, 10 YO SUV w/only 40,000 miles and many years paid-for vehicle, blew up....well, the d*mn computers blew up and turned off ABS, Stabilitrak, and Traction Control.....in 20" of snow and ice)......

So.....2016 has not been my favorite year.....my response: Since after 4 days in the shop, no resolution: screw it.....I just traded in for the most beautifiul, loaded brand new 2017 Buick Encore.....I love it.....and, after 10 years (such a great little truck)....I just deserve it!....hey, I can afford it, am pushing 65 YO, have no immediate dependents and......late to the game.....have, in Mom's demise, realized that I better enjoy the fruits of my own labor, much as I can now......because plenty of charities (that I already contribute to) will be enjoying all that's left of my worldly estate all too soon......

I can guarantee you....I'll still be around.....but thank you so very much for asking....

xo.....mina
(6)

Stadium concert would be interesting from acoustical standpoint, I would think. Hm. I think he played Dodger stadium a year ago? Or was that Yankee stadium...

I saw him at the old Anaheim something-something Center, now I think that's Honda Center? That was great! The other time I saw him... I'm not even sure where. Maybe at Hollywood Bowl. I think that was it. Both fantastic shows. I would go see him again, given the chance. He still puts on one heck of a performance.

The stadium venue is interesting, but could be a lot of fun. It's different. I've never been to a stadium concert, I don't think. I hope you go if you've always wanted to see him. Never know when he's going to retire for good, or die. Ack. If "only the good die young," I don't know why he's still around, haha. He's a goodie. But he's only 67, and with the way he exercises his lungs and heart, hopefully he'll live to a good old, old age. ;-)
(1)

Billy Joel is playing dodger stadium this May. Tickets go on sale tomorrow- I've never seen him but have always wanted to although stadium concerts aren't my favorite venue - ha ha
(1)

Madge, I've been fortunate enough to see him twice in concert, the last time was about 9 years ago. Are you thinking of going to a show, or you've been to one?
(1)

FF you bring back so many memories.
Drop off the list on Monday and the groceries were delivered on friday. The baker came three times a week with the bread still warm. The milkman came everyday and you put out a note with the empties if you wanted extra. Fisherman came on fridays. Don't remember how often the butcher came but I am sure he did. Of course the postman came every day and knocked on the door if he had a parcel. He rode a bike. The village policeman also rode a bike and knew everyone. We also had a district nurse/midwife and naturally the Dr made house calls if it was something the nurse could not cope with. No school buses we either walked or rode our bikes. My gma had a phone courtesy of gpa's employer but we could not use it. If you needed to get in touch with someone you walked to the post office and sent a telegram. neither of my parents ever owned a car. Mom couldn't drive but Dad could drive anything & did. He was a driver/mechanic in WW11. Mum never owned a TV but she did rent one or a washer and dryer. Gosh how things have changed but I am glad I still know how to do things the old fashioned way
(3)

cwillie, in my grandmother's little town, about the size of Mayberry, a certain sound of party-line telephone rings would indicate that the local grocery store was calling the housewives of what items are on sale. It's interesting back then there was home delivery.... you'd call the grocery store, the clerk would write out the items right on the grocery bag, fill the bag, and hand deliver it.

LOL, the party line was the Twitter of 60 years ago :)
(3)

I haven't, MsMadge, but I'd go. Have you been offered tickets or something?
(2)

Has anyone seen Billy Joel in concert?
(1)

Ah ha ha ha, the party line, I bet young people today don't even know such things ever existed. When we would come in from outside Mom would rap her knuckles on the wall to alert us that we had to be quite, she was listening in on the party line LOL
(5)

And today, hubs time is spent replacing the insides of the toilet....forced to ignore the urgent repairs that were already on the list. We don't know how to survive without the toilet.
(2)

Katie, my Dad also rode horseback... as did most of the kids his age going to and from school in the 1920's and 1930's in the mid-west of the U.S. I thought that was so cool, I was jealous. The local sheriff was none to happy with my Dad, as Dad's horse would run the STOP sign... well, the animal was standing all day in the horse shed at school and was soooo happy to get out and gallop home :)

Imagine kids today using a crank telephone on the wall, which was a party line. Or that little house behind the the big house on a cold winter night.... or using a chamber pot which was hid under the bed.

My parents didn't buy their first car until 4 years into their marriage. Ha, imagine young couples doing that today? Dad took the bus to work, and Mom walked to the grocery store.
(3)

There were not many cars in the area my Dad lived in in Europe and he had a horse through the 1930s. He didn't buy a car until he lived in NY, a 57 Chevy. He was born in 1915 and was middle aged when my parents had me. It often seems like more has happened in the last 10 years with technology than in all the hundred years before this. I marvel at old movies that were made the years my parents were born...even the year I was born, and how much has changed since then. I'll bet not much changed between 1615 and 1715 as far as people's life styles are concerned with washing, cooking, sewing, etc. It just goes to show how very quickly things are changing now.
I love Ontario...the air is so clean and the land is beautiful. I love woods!
(3)

Ontario is so beautiful, any time of year.
(2)

Oh, and I think they closed the last one room schools around the centennial in 1967, I was bused to first grade in a brand new central school.
(2)

Ha ha ha, rural Ontario (heck most of Canada I think) was decades behind our cousins to the south. My own grandparents didn't get indoor plumbing until the early 1960's!
(2)

Good grief cwillie you must be even older than I am.
(0)

I've always had an appreciation for the vast changes there have been in my parent's lifetime. They started out with outhouses, coal oil lamps, the house heated with the wood burning cook stove, one room schools, horsepower really came from horses, no vaccines, antibiotics a newfangled rarity, people born, died and laid out in their own homes..... yeah, I'm a history nerd.... lol
(4)

Gershun, you are right, the little things. I think our parents were deliriously happy just to have a house and kids. (I am 65). They survived the Great Depression and WWII. Food was on the table. The lights worked, the toilet flushed and the heat was on. Life was good.
(6)

Actually, speaking of appreciating things, taking care of an elderly person really makes you appreciate the little things that we take so for granted like, feeding oneself, going to the bathroom, taking a dump, you name it. I find myself doing that a lot lately, (not taking a dump) Lol, but appreciating the small things. Puts a whole different perspective on small tasks that we complain about having to do. Just think if you lost the ability to do them.
(4)

I like Sue too, never have see The edge. I like Bush People, even though I know alot of it staged!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter