Follow

A few of us have experienced pop-ups advising of security issues; this has occurred in the last few days. I myself received a McAfee notice advising that the security certificate wasn't accurate and that proceeding to this site wasn't advisable.

I've noticed also that the posts take several times as long to load.

I've just asked the Admins to check this out, also stating that I would be starting a post here so that anyone else who's experienced security warnings, blocking by IE or Firefox (or other browser), or similar problems, could share them all together so the Admins can determine what problems are occurring and check them out.

Someone expressed concern whether this site is still safe; I'm concerned as well.

If you've had access problems, security warnings, or noticed anything else different, could you share here so the issues can be addressed? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
This information makes me feel better. Thanks.
(1)

Thank you AgingCareCM for the update :)

Knock on wood, not once have I seen any security certificate pop-ups on Firefox or IE, either on my home computer nor at the office. And I hop onto AgingCare almost twice daily. I do use an older desk top computer at both locations.
(1)

We are always updating our site and features to ensure your safety. The pop ups that recently occurred was due to us updating our security certificate. If you look at your URL you will notice a lock and also https://. This means that our site is protected by secure socket layer/transport layer and the data sent between you and this website is encrypted so the information is private. Or in layman's terms: We are transporting your information in an armored truck from point A to B.
Thank you for being a part of the AgingCare.com community and for providing assistance and advice to other caregivers. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us or let us know on this thread!
(2)

I ran a full system scan as well, so that's some comfort, but I've learned also from Dell Support that the McAfee (or even Norton) full system scans are nothing compared to what a tech rep does. I watched almost an hour as Dell ran an in depth scan and was amazed at how complex and thorough the scan was.

Made me decide that when I get a chance I'm going to take a system security course at the local community college.

No response from my "contact admin" request; I'll post again if I hear from them.
(0)

I use Chrome and have been getting pop ups from my AVG protection to get more security. I didn't associate it with this site until I saw this. I haven't done anything different and haven't been blocked. I did do a full system scan on my computer last night and all was clear. Still, it makes me nervous.
(1)

I use Chrome als, but did receive the McAfee warnings several times a few days ago, all fine now, and I ignored it and carried on, no problems here now.
(1)

Yesterday (I think it was yesterday morning), I got a security warning from Firefox when I tried to access the site. When I switched to Internet Explorer there was no security warning and there were no problems accessing the site. Just now, I tried Firefox again and there was no security warning.
(1)

I was blocked by Firefox yesterday, but very briefly, I suppose if I hadn't been trying to post right then I wouldn't have seen anything either. I have noticed some pages on the site have been slower to load some times.
(0)

No problem for me..I use chrome..
(0)

LindyLu, the phrases you mentioned could also be non native English speaking people who are attempting to play games by posting provocative posts, drawing posters in to respond and become participants in their games.

Or they could be bots, as Jeanne describes. One of the best forums I've been on was targeted for a massive attack over a Christmas holiday. From around Friday to Monday, several thousand advertisement posts bombarded the site and shut it down. My recollection is that it was 2,000 or 3,000 posts, but it was more than a few years ago and I don't remember the specific number.
(1)

lindylu, those garbled posts that look like electronically generated spam? They are electronically generated spam. Not to worry. These make extra work for administrators but won't deflate our life jacket.
(1)

Don't panic.
Bring a towel.
(0)

OMG
OMG
OMG
THIS IS OUR LIFE JACKET THRU CAREGIVING!
What are we going to do?
M88
(1)

Hi GardenArtist, I got a warning earlier today on Firefox similar to the message you described.

Also has anyone else noticed that there have been a few really awkwardly-worded posts that seem suspicious (e.g. posts comprised of commonly used phrases on this site, but the phrases are randomly stuck together so they don't quite make sense.) It reminds me of those spam e-mails that appear to originate outside English-speaking countries.
(1)

Oh, I use Chrome too, and type in my tablet. M88
(0)

No problem, but when I wrote a comment and try to scroll down to the send button, the page doesn't scroll, jumps back up and up again.
No security issues.
M88
(0)

Nothing odd going on here. I use Chrome.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter