Follow

I have not been very pleasant about the fact because she seemed to ignore her dog and I would take care of her, I fell in love with the her. She was a pistol. Barked too much, etc. But so very lovable and happy.

We suddenly had to put her down last night and to be honest, this pain has been unbearable for mom and me.

I know it won't be long before her pd comes out but as for now, our grief is raw and real. So with that said. I will lay low for a while from here and take care of Mom's needs as she isn't eating much, and we realize this is going to take time to get used to as Princess had us both trained and she really was the glue that held things together. She is not in pain anymore and we know she is over the rainbow bridge.

take care to all

PS hugs to all of your furbabies.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Hugs, I am sorry for your loss.
(2)

I am so sorry about your fur baby. It’s like losing a family member. Isn’t it?

I miss my dog terribly. We had to put him down. He adored my mom. He was a great dog. I would get another one but I don’t think it’s the right time. I have my hands full dealing with mom.

I do get to see my daughter’s dog when she visits and occasionally I dog sit for her. Her dog doesn’t know he’s a dog! He thinks he’s human. He can be a pain in the butt at times but I absolutely adore him.

All they want is to be loved. I think they pick us. He was a rescue that didn’t trust anyone but my daughter. My dog was a rescue too. They add so much joy. Maybe one day, I will get another pooch.

My husband had a dog named Princess like yours. She was a beagle. My dog was a retired greyhound and my grand puppy is a toy poodle.
(1)

Awww...so very sorry. Peace and blessings to you and your mom. ((hugs))
(2)

I am so very sorry, I know how much it hurts!
(2)

Update: It has been one week. I won't continue to keep count on here but we made it one week. And we take it one day at a time.
Just like any loss of a loved one, sometimes the reality catches me sideways.
for my mama, I'm not sure I've seen this side of her and hopefully she will rally around on her time eventually.
Thanks for you kind words. Means a lot.
(1)

RBuser - I'm so sorry you lost Princess. I know what you mean by her being the glue holding things together. My little poodle is my therapy dog that keeps me sane. Dogs are the best. I hope in time, you will find room in your healing heart to give home to another furry, four legged, tongue licking, and tail wagging friend. It may be what your mom needs.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter