Follow

Hello all, I've posted here before. My FIL has dementia, but is undiagnosed by a neurologist as to what kind. Based on his behaviors and decline, it is most likely Alzheimers. Anyway, I've struggled for the last year of rapid decline, understanding what is going on with his brain. "Why did he say that?" "What's happening in his brain to make his gait unsteady?" "How can he be clear as a bell one minute and then wonder what state we're in?" On and on. The Assisted Living facility he and MIL live in sent me a link to a woman that has finally unlocked the 'what/why/when/how' on Dad. Her name is Teepa Snow. I only wish I'd have seen her videos before Dad got so bad. It would have really helped all of us, especially Mom, when they were still living on their own. She was underwater and we didn't know it. A lot of suffering and hurt feelings could have been avoided, but I guess that's the nature of the disease. I hope you find this Doctor's (PhD) words helpful. Especially those of you that are direct caregivers. www.youtube.com/results?search_query=teepa+snow

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
http://teepasnow.com/
You can also see her videos on YouTube.
(1)

Oh i love her ..I think i put a link on here to one of her videos
(0)

Hm, I've known about Teepa for so long it is hard to remember that many have never heard of her. It's really too bad this site doesn't link to useful resources like her videos - I'm pretty sure she wrote an article for AgingCare as an Expert.
(0)

I felt the same way when I discovered Teepa Snow. Also Atul Gawande who wrote “ Being Mortal”.
I hope the readers of your post who aren’t familiar spend the five minutes it takes to open the link and see what Teepa has to say.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter