Follow

Now we are all watching Polar Express and I am thinking there are still good things to be thankful for at this holiday season! What are yours?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thankful I am a caregiver and not wearing Depends just yet.
(0)

Too funny! But I fear our time is comming!
(0)

Wonderful! Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.
We've been watching a lot of holiday programs too to be in that holiday spirit.
(0)

I'm thankful for my loving husband.. My Mom's been living with us over 12 yrs and he's been so patient and financially supportive to my Mom... I don't know how I would get through each day without him....
(2)

@assandache7 how wonderful it is to have a loving, patient, and supportive spouse. I love the quote I read before, "Count your blessings, not your problems." :-)
(0)

I smiled when I read the comment about Pamzimmrt's Dad staying awake for White Christmas. We watched the same movie here, along with other holiday movies from the 40s and 50s. I've noticed that the elderly fall asleep quite quickly if bored, but if there's a movie on TV that speaks to their generation it maintains their interest. Same is true of magazine or news articles dealing with events of the 40s and 50s. Good to know if you're looking for a way to keep your loved one alert and entertained.
(1)

I also got him the Dec issue of Satuday Eveining Post, it is older pictures, etc he can relate to. And a copy of the farmers almanac,, and an indoor planter so he can garden over the winter.. he was very happy with his Chiristmas gifts
(0)

Pammzimmert's, have you heard of Reminisce magazine...lots of old photos and recollections from readers.
(1)

I'll have to look for this! He also likes wildlife magizines
(0)

Pamzimmrrt, you can find reminisce magazine online and subscribe. I don' believe it's sold in bookstores, at least I've never seen it there. Anyway,it's so convenient to get it in the mail. Also, their website has additional stories and photos your father might enjoy.Oh, and they also have books for sale. I got my father "Life in the 40s" for Christmas. I was very impressed with the gifts you gave your father. Great choices,especially the indoor garden. I'll have to look for something like that for my father.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter