Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I would have had a breakdown if i didnt have a support forum i actually thought i was going mad and family almost had me commited as they didnt think mum had dementia so guilt "NO".

Maybe feel bad venting about mum as she was a good mum but with "dementia" all bets are off! this is something we cant deal with on our own and i think we are venting about dementia not them as they were?
(1)

H*ll no. Right now my drunk sister is telling stories at the top of her lungs, my father is being nasty. I can't get away from it. I am stressed to the gills. Dad eats little, sleeps all day, the end can't be more than 6 months off. my nitwit family is in denial about his decline. My nurse sister who does very little of the care, told me I make it hard on the rest of the siblings, because I don't treat Dad like a child but a grown man who calls the shots. If I didn't have this forum, I would go crazy. I love you guys, and your sage advice has saved me many times.
(3)

This website has been a godsend for me.... in fact, I think I spend way too many hours on it each day, but it's a great escape for me. And in those many hours I have learned so much that I am trying to incorporate into my life. I'm afraid if I don't log in, I might miss a good idea. OMG, I am hooked.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter