Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
doesn't not does duh!
(0)

Jude, I am having a MAJOR chocolaholic attack as I read your post on chocolate trifle.

I've never heard of lady fingers being called cat's tongue; how interesting.
(1)

Next, putting lady fingers surrounding chocolate pudding for a quick dessert in a short wide glass.
Taking Lactaid first.
(1)

Oh GA if you are a serious chocolate person then hang in there. At Christmas and only at Christmas and purely because the whole family would end up in A&E with cogged arteries Ido a major chocolate dessert. You couldn't possibly eat it all so only make enough for each of you to have a SMALL glass - I serve this in a wine glass You layer dark chocolate mouse then a layer of ganache then a layer of milk chocolate mousse and another layer of ganache then a milk chocolate layer another layer of ganache then top with whipped cream and decorate with chocolate flake. Seriously scrummy and if you haven't got enough chocolate in there you can always put chocolate brownies in the bottom!
(3)

Sorry you might not be familiar with ganache :

Baileys ganache

8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
¼ cup thick (do you call it heavy) cream
2 to 4 tablespoons Baileys you could use kalua but Baileys is best

If you microwave the chocolate and cream only give it 20-30 seconds blasts and stir it between times or you will end up with something ghastly. So once it has melted stir in the baileys and add a pinch of slat - you need to let it cool but not get cold you have to pour it on
(1)

Ooooo, ganache with baileys, what a terrific idea!! I think a layer of white chocolate mousse would be even better for the top layer, want to bet I couldn't eat it all? LOL
(0)

You could eat the entire small glass, Cwillie. I am sure, so no bet.
(0)

Desserts are my favorite recipe. Cannot have that for a few days. Soup for me.
Guess I would let myself die instead of giving up chocolate. It would be worth it!
(0)

cwillile that is what I meant shame I didn't type that - it should be three colours dark medium and white. I have been known to add cointreau to the mousse or tia maria/kahlua and we have something over here called royal mint chocolate - thats nice too. We also have a very light bubbly type of chocolate called aero and thats nice crunched up to give added texture
(0)

Has anyone noticed that Jude seems to have completely disappeared? I can't find any of her answers. What's happened? Did she succumb to a chocolate event?

I miss her and now I'm worried.
(1)

Glitch I am here sweetheart xxxx
(0)

OK I have just had to bin a perfectly good tea because Mum wouldn't eat that foreign muck. I did her chicken camembert ban and cranberry sauce croissant all lovely and melty and warm from the oven

So what has she just asked me for? A chicken camembert ban and cranberry sauce toasty in a pitta bread......OK so what s so un-foreign about that one then? Grrrrrrrrr
(0)

not ban bacon grrrr if only I could type
(0)

Jude, glad to see you back. And I LOVE your new avatar.- it 's beautiful, and especially seasonal. At first glance I thought it was a marvelous cherry dessert, perhaps a delicious cherry trifle. Yummmmmm....Guess who's now craving chocolate and maraschino cherries... I'm going to gain ten pounds in my head just from thinking about all these tempting desserts.
(2)

Thanks to Jude, here is tonite's miniature trifle. Pieces of chocolate donut cut in decent bite size, vanilla pudding dollop, fresh fruit berries: blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, and strawberry, two sticks of white chocolate covered wafers, a layer of strawberry jello stirred up with greek yogurt, plain, topped with plain greek yogurt instead of the whipped cream. Picture as avatar won't last long, but then the dessert didn't either. See the smears on the glass cup? Dh pulled it away from me to take a picture! Can hardly see the layers.
(0)

Spring trifle: Layer angel food cake with lemon jello, lime jello, plain greek yogurt, and line the glass dish with slices of kiwi fruit. Angel food cake is lower in calories than others.
(0)

Oh, that would be really missing the good stuff! Custard or Vanilla pudding added?
(0)

Garden, I am with you and chocolate lovers everywhere. The healthier desserts are good, but would need two desserts - one would have to be chocolate!
(0)

Time for sharing recipes for spring?
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter