who to contact, family member has dad in nursing home in akron ohio and refuse pay for care, takes his money every month, dad has a little dementia

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
if the father is in a nursing home, speak to the administrator to make certain you have all of the facts, can ascertain whether the bills for care are being paid. You may also contact the LTC ombudsman as they are knowledgable about resources in cases of financial abuse. Make certain of your facts, document them and hopefully you have enought leverage to mediate with the family member before it puts the father in jeopardy or creates a precarious situation that does nothing for the elder.

You did give us any specific information - if you would share details there are people on this board who can give you sound advice.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter