Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Ohhh gardenia is lovely.

I made my friend with the shop take every bar of patchouli soap we had, just to get the smell out of our cars and houses! Hopefully she sells it. We mixed the colour to make it look tie-dyed, and named it "Hippie Wash!" Lol!
(3)

We are "overstaffed" at the hospital this week, so I am off tomorrow unless someone calls out sick. I have plenty of PTO and offered to "be off"! LOL My friend has had bunion surgery, and she was a blessing to me last year when I broke my ankle,, so I am going to go visit her tomorrow afternoon after a Costco run!
(3)

Yay for days off! Especially at this time of year, yeesh!

I got a massage today. Being massaged is my happy place. :-D
(2)

I tell you what I am doing for myself - I haven't done it yet, but I'm counting down the days...I'm taking off 2 weeks from work, so that will actually give me 17 whole days off! And if I can ever get the confirmation that my brother is coming, I'm taking off...but that's just too much to hope for at the moment, so right now, I'm just counting down the hours until 7 pm tomorrow evening!!! I'll let you know how the trip goes...
(2)

Well I got off!! Hooray! So after Costco I took lunch to my bestie, and we had a great visit. THen I went to nearby cannery outlet and stocked up, and a chip outlet and gots lots of goodies! It feel so nice to get away for a bit
(3)

Aww, yay for time off, you guys!

Mom's home support lady this evening says she works Christmas day. I never really thought about that. Now trying to imagine the life of someone who needs home support on Christmas day. I can be grateful we're not there yet.

What did I do for myself today....erm....oh yes! When I picked up the traditional Christmas spareribs to put in the freezer, I picked up a box of frozen buttercream and chocolate dessert bars and hid them in the back of the freezer, just for me!!!! No better time to eat your feelings than the holidays, lol.
(1)

So a poster just appeared in mom's building - a lady who lives here is offering beginner watercolour classes in the amenities room. As long as it doesn't conflict with anything else, I think I'm gonna sign up! I need to do something, and it won't be too far away from mom. Plus I am good at drawing but I never did learn watercolour properly....just sort of futzed around with it and wound up mainly using it with mixed media projects.

And if it's who I think it is teaching, she was good friends with an artist mentor I had almost 25 years ago (gone now, from cancer).

Mom used to be a great watercolourist, but she gave it up when she got the kidney disease diagnosis. She has spent 10+ years swearing she'll get back to it, but no luck. Maybe this will inspire her.

Plus I can use all her supplies in the meantime, lol. She shelled out for the really good brushes!  The paints might be hardened but they can still be used for years, I think, and she even brought the Ott-Lites with her when she moved here!
(3)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter