Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
6 7 8 9 10
Hey Hope! Next time your "friendly helpful" visitor is over, I've just thought of something useful you could give her to do - got any drains that need unblocking? Ovens that need cleaning? Your clearing out the fridge gave me the idea - all those jobs we love to hate piling up..?!
(0)

An early accomplishment....I got brutal with the fridge. I love a tidy fridge and this morning saw ours had gotten somewhat askew....so got rid of most of it, including all those little packets of sauce, ketchup, etc. that you just know you will use one day but you never do.....so out they went...ahhhh....love opening the door and seeing nothing but clean shelves, with lots of little bottles of ensure and jevity.....a good start to a productive day...
(3)

on a positive note i DID get her outta those boots , lol ..
(1)

well , gotta take my hor aunt a donut. cant get her on ike this year but it isnt 90 degrees yet. she loves ike but those memories have been lost to her . if i keep " jim " down another week she'll ride a f - in cuisineart if its the only thing moving .
(1)

globwelded yamanissanfordchevhonda

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

There is just NO way anyone would EVER figure you're a fluffy shiny bike kinda guy. LOL! sorry :) You forget I've got 3 older brothers. That's all we did was build things...like I said, all the fun ones live far away!

Glad your feeling better!!!
(1)

jeanette,
i had a visit from a girl one time that was pretty comical . she thought she was going out with a stereotypical " biker " . she brought all kinds of boots and her biker " costume only to find herself riding on my globwelded yamanissanfordchevhonda, with a significant amount of welded in fuel oil drum.
i ride junk . its the funnest junk in the world and roughly brush painted. i havent the need to impress anyone. i think thats whats referred to as a superiority complex. i dont need anyones approval .. i have a hard time keeping a straight face when i pass columns of shiny harleys each with a payment booklet 1-1/2 inches thick and of course the faux menacing scowl the " bikers " wear . ive been riding ike for 29 years , were pretty set in our ways ..
dam , i got some rest today. been feeling good and really pushing it..
(3)

I am having fun making a tv show and working making a piece about 2 amazing women who become top world champs in the auctioneer world. Then I took a break an went to see my friend, a doctor and Naturopath. He needed video of one of his work places that he needs to rent. In exchange for some work I got some thyroid pills to balance T3 & T4. I tried one bottle a few months ago and felt like my whole body was balanced and was resetting itself. Than I ran out and noticed a decline again.
My doctor friend says, "wait til I get some wrinkle cream in here. You'll be looking so good, you can have boyfriend problems!"
That was a good laugh.
"no thanks. But I'd love to feel young and pretty again anyways."
(3)

Thank you SO much for that mental image, Captain.
(1)

Is this the "accountability" thread?

I cleaned out the fridge. I mean the ENTIRE thing and used bleach. It is sparkly and smells fab. Something had died way in the back and by the time I found it, well, it was empty.

Now.... I need to put the stuff back in that's taking up the entire counter.

I've got the boots, gloves, helmet and jacket. Why is it all the fun people are on the other side of the d*mn world?
(1)

my gosh . i tried to work today and one hour in my legs wouldnt hold me up . not an illness , just fatigue. ive humped big stones 7 days a week then worked on jim in the evenings. eventually you will fall on your face .. gosh , i need a girl in my life. my dreams and goals are rewarding beyond comprehension , just gotta find a girl who wants the same things.. country living , the freedom of self employment , trikes to play with when the weather is nice , and hopefully more kinks than yobamas pubes.. ( surmising here , no real evidence .) lol
(0)

About putting Mom on phone.. HA, I recently called Mom's bank which they have my POA on file BUT the women insisted on getting Mom's permission to speak with me! I said "good luck with that" to the women "she has Alzheimer's".

Well it was hysterical from my end. Mom was holding phone to her hear screaming " ha, I can't hear you" over and over.. I could hear the women yelling back "is this Mary"? Finally, I heard the the woman ask for me, so I took the phone back and said " I told you so".. She gave in and gave me the information I needed!
(2)

Morning glories are BEAUTIFUL, and so prolific - getting that done makes up for everything else.

Love the keystone cops image. You do, don't you: close your eyes, hold your breath and think "what. in. the. name. of. sweet. bejasus. are. you. DOING???"

And the effort it takes not to be sarcastic when the penny finally drops!

Phew. Hope you have better luck with them next time. Not possible to put it all down in an email, then ring and tell them to Read It?
(0)

countrymouse....any time now when I put Mama on the phone she doesn't say anything. these folks will ask may they get her permission and of course I tell them the circumstances but add by all means I will put her on. I always have to send the POA but this particular bunch of folks already have all the info re that, they just don't know what the heck is going on....I kept picturing the keystone cops while I was hold ...I had so many lofty plans today...the only one I actually "did" was plant my deep purple morning glories that I love so much...and that seemed to almost do me in...so today i am feeling like a complete failure for being unable to do the simplest thing without wanting to take a nap.... :(
(1)

I took daughter to dr today and we got good news about her thryoid , Then took Mom to her first apointment for a hearing aid.. Hooray!! They are ordered and should be ready in about a week for her fitting. Maybe now we can turn the TV down to a normal volume so we don't go deaf too!! and it was 1/2 what she decided she was not going to pay!
(4)

I had a wonderful biz meeting with a graphic artist who needs to have a videographer on hand when she completes websites. She was so nice and lovely. Since this caregiving stuff I really appreciate nice people more than ever! I feel so good when I am respected and listened to, it's easy for me to go and on. It was a nice time and I am hoping good $ comes my way. This winter was the pitiful.

Mom chewed up and spit out several people in just a month: caregivers from an agency, people to take her to her senior center a few towns away. People tend to fade away on her and she is clueless about why! I feel sorry for her but gosh, she sure can be annoying, demanding, and downright mean at times.
I spent a few hours doing research on her furniture that she now wants to sell. After I gave her my findings, she dismissed everything I said and wants to bother her new friend (a busy nurse with a quad. son) and ask for her opinions. That poor lady will be doing the disappearing act too in a few weeks, I am sure. How much can one take?
(1)

Ugggggghhh, Hope, that is so frustrating.

I don't know if this would work with your species of pen-pusher, or if your mother would be up to it, but when I used to have to talk to bank people, government people and the like on my mother's behalf I'd start the conversation by saying "I'm calling on my mother's behalf, and I'll ask her now to give you permission to talk to me - " then put mother on the 'phone so she could tell them she wanted them to deal with her daughter (i.e. me). Convoluted but it usually worked.

And I was going to report that my major accomplishment today (apart from not swearing at siblings) was discovering that, yes, it is possible to make spaghetti sauce, cook pasta and feed the dog while dancing to "As" by Stevie Wonder. Well. I call it dancing and there was nobody there to claim any different, anyway.
(5)

Failure: Have spent my entire day of the phone with various offices of the Department of Veterans Affairs....got nowhere....no one seems to know what the other one is doing....it is so disappointing and something that used to seem to take a ten minute phone call got routed and re routed and then disconnected, then heaven forbid you think you will get the same person again ...you won't so it all starts over again...finally thought I made it through the maze of hullabaloo and was filling out the information online as instructed by the person who is delegated with the responsibility of helping folks do this only to be disconnected and upon calling back, am informed that all of the info I am filling out is of no use to me as I am not considered a dependent of a war veteran. I could not get it through her head that I was calling as a fiduciary of a surviving spouse of a veteran....didn't matter, made no progress, now the day is shot, I'm exhausted...and getting sleepy, and my entire day is shot....ugh
(1)

dam my new stone saw blew up . blown head gasket , stuck ring , something. it came from ebay and i believe the seller will make it right. they sure try to avoid derrogatory product reviews . one more day of stonework then i get to take a few days and replace the body panels on the little gmc. its a 91 but soon to be as good as a new truck , maybe better , less electronics.
then i get to cut firewood for my customer till his next stone job is ready. lilly will like that , ill be in the forest in the shade . i should be working on this ranch for years , three stone homes are being built for customers family.
edna is patiently waiting for me to get " jimmy " going . she loves that little truck ..
welp, gotta take her a donut, get her meds out and get to work..
(1)

woo hooo..got motivated tonight and got the kitchen cleaned up and sparkly fresh and have the coffee pot ready to have my coffee ready and waiting when I drag out of there in the am....a good feeling...alos went wild with my new single serve blender and made Mom a really yummy chocolate fudge peanut butter ensure shake...she loved it....she has been talking a lot today...a very good day!!
(5)

~Captain...$$$ well spent..:)
(2)

va phsyces favorite question is " hows your relationship with your sons " .. he he . the last time i was asked that i let loose on doc bill . i told him it aint a popularity contest , ill get square in their asses . ( because i love them ) . he listened to me tirade for ten minutes , smiled and said " fair enough " .. can you imagine how many liars sit and tell him how their sons love them , they are inseperable , etc . bull f - in s**t ... doc bill screwed up and got himself an honest parent . shortly thereafter the va spent 180,000 on a hepc treatment for me . must of been deemed some kind of asset to society.
(4)

Countrymouse - trust me, that's in the very near future, if I can afford it. The problem is that Mom's kitchen is anything but square and standard - the existing countertop is 1.5" too short for a dishwasher, so I either have to remove the cupboards (complete with 1970's paneling on the doors - Thanks Dad!) and replace those and the countertop, or reface the cabinets and jack the countertop up and put spacers under it to make it tall enough to accommodate a dishwasher - which means then the TOP cabinets will be too low to allow even a microwave to sit on the countertop. (Shaking my head here...) I'll figure it out eventually - but the countertop is not square and has to be custom cut to fit into the corner correctly, so that will be interesting.

Hope - I know what you mean! Those darn dishes are the bane of my existence. I like to make decent meals, but the dishes...!
(2)

Captain you are my hero.
(2)

i offered to stomp him 3 years ago . as laughable as that sounds with him weighing 300 + lbs and me 165 , he still backed down.. i only need one lick and his nose will be crooked as long as he lives. of course then he'll destroy me but ill mend , he' ll have a crooked nose.. lol
(2)

got my truck body parts today . a couple of them are partial repair panels . i dont want partial panels i want complete replacement parts. no harm done, ill install them on somebodys s-10 someday and get paid to do it. made a major determination about blunt man today. he'll end up in the mens shelter before he will ever take advantage of me again . i made this decision because he sold his mother a used car 9 months ago . never fixed it up like he promised. now shes a lowlife because she wont simply give it to him to trade off . he takes until you have nothing left to give then stomps you in the face . he'll grow up , ill see to it ..
(3)

What is it about dishes in the sink that drives us so crazy?? That is the same way I am about them...they just sit there and leer at me it seems....and I hate doing dishes....but also...one of my favorite things in life these days is waking up to a sparkling clean kitchen, not a dirty dish in sight and my coffee pot sitting there smiling at me with a freshly brewed pot a waiting...just for me....
(4)

Susan I don't care what you have to throw out - base unit, dog's basket (and dog), a wall - but GET ONE. That or paper plates, anyway, and the dishwasher is more versatile. Well done keeping your client :)
(2)

Ooh! Ooh! Ooohhhhhh! Me, Me, Me! Call on meeeeee!

Accomplishment today:

Used my negotiation and diplomacy skills to keep a client on board that was ready to jump ship. Feeling rather proud of that one!

Failure....well, I haven't yet managed to get all the dishes done since....um...(shuffling feet and blushing)....last Wednesday. We're not talking a mountain of dishes here, and I have been pecking away at them when I have time, just never able to get them all done before more are added to the mess from the next meal! It's a work in progress, but I'm pretty determined to get them done tonight. *Really* wish we had a dishwasher. I moved in with Mom coming from a house with a massive country kitchen, complete with all the amenities ....to a galley kitchen (long and narrow and NO SPACE for anything) with no dishwasher.
(2)

Oh, and in terms of organization, my dad was a meticulous record-keeper. All bills for each year bundled together and lableled and put in ziploc bags with the year on them....for decades. But do you think I could find the deed or their will?
(1)

freqflyer, that's an excellent reminder for all of us. I work from home, and have several clients most of the time. If I suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, they would be left wondering where the heck I went.

I need to have things set up so my daughter or someone can log into my computer, access all my sites and let people know what's going on.
(1)

6 7 8 9 10
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter