Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
got my taxes close to being done -still waiting for tax info but if I do not get the letters my tax man does not get upset-mail even at the PO goes into other's boxes so will take what I have it is not my fault if the forms do not reach me-got a big storm and have to get out tomorrow to take my boyfriend for a test-we are expecting two more storms this week -I got enough done today to please me just not as fast as I wanted to . My mantra is good enough is good enough.
(0)

If you can't get him out of the house you may want to do the things I suggested for him.
(0)

Get him out of the house he"ll drive you nuts. Does he play golf or anything?
Does he like to drive? There may be jobs delivering cars or RVs cross country
(0)

psteg try to get him to volunteer -most towns need someone to drive the elderly to doc appointments-what was his career -he might be able to donate time in his field-if he is good with tools he might be able to donate time with home repairs or if he likes books delivering them to the home bound-if there is an office for the aging or a senior center he could get into activities or helping if he is good on the computer he could help teach seniors-give him a week or two to be lazy then on to activities or he will be telling you how wrong you have been doing the dishes for the last 30 years-I volunteer lots and it is so satisfying -and we have fun-there are also latchkey kids out there -this is the start of the rest of his life-most towns have adult ed classes or local community colleges-keep us posted we all learn from each other. OK I need help my boyfriend needs to eat low fat meals and I am in a quandary of what to fix for meals-I love to cook for him
(2)

still cutting firewood. tomorrow i cut wood on a homeowners own place for 10 bucks an hr. ya dont get rich but every little bit helps. this guy has 2 potbellied pigs that have gotten bigger than hed expected. im going to eat those pigs when he gets tired enough of em. pork chops with light apple stuffing? yea, thats the plan.
(2)

My accomplishment is imminent, taking the Hubby out for beer and wings, because today he is 63, and retiring at the end of the month. Any tips on how to manage a man who's worked every day for the last 48 years?
(2)

Success or failure I don't know but slept a lot and ignored the taxes all over the dining room table. It's snowing again but that's not my fault
(1)

Accomplishment: found info for allowable IRS tax deductions for medical/dental expenses!
IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses, available at www.IRS.gov, .
(1)

Bonichak thank you for the laugh......
(0)

well i saved a couple hundred bucks a year on vehicle insurance. still cutting firewood every day. hardest few bucks a person ever made, lol, but it does keep the checking account from imploding.
(3)

so far I got up earlier then usually -not going to do too much today-will make a can you believe it cake-very easy will share the directions-got it on facebook.
(0)

due; due to the unexpected. The editor in me can't stand it.
(1)

Today wasn't a list of accomplishments, do to the unexpected. C'est la vie. But I have worked out with weights twice this week. A friend brought a video and we worked out together. That was my best accomplishment today and I feel rejuvenated.
(1)

my accomplishment for today is to get out and do errands-it may snow again tomorrow went to two banks the drug store the grocery store and two post offices -I get the church mail once a week -we have a small reformed church so everyone has their jobs. I was dragging from my fall doing the drive on Wed-never again -will let my boyfriend or son do it-didn't knock any sense into my head-got a fat lip bruised nose and hurt knees. Also kept my temper while talking to a relative on the phone. Love this thread.
(0)

I happened upon this thread today-too much time at home due to Cold temps and expecting snow again-think this is great we need to see our acomplishments-I went out and filled up the 6 bird feeders in the three areas I have then -one so I can see the birds from the kitchen one plac with tow I can see from the computer room/yarn/book/ junk room and one by the window next to my chair with 4 feeders and a suet holders and a squirille feeder but we have very few squirills now also put out peanuts and a dish of peanutbutter seed mixture-they are all set for the snow we will get-my honey will not be able to get over tonight for supper so will take a nap then watch sappy love stories on TV-it is good to see friends on this thread.
(3)

my accomplishments are small and far between in the wintertime. sometimes i have to flip thru my pics of past stone projects to keep my spirits up. we sacrifice a lot for self employment but my tax lady, whos also self employed, always laughs and says " but your not going back, ( to a time clock ) right ? ".
(1)

My success for today was getting my Coumadin in range so don't have to go back for another month. Took hubby back to the eye Dr. She says he can drive whoopee!!!!!!!!!. No more back seat or in his case front seat drivers. The accountant sent the tax organizer yuk. This has become my job since the last accountant prayed all the way over to the house that it would be me doing the taxes and then quit
(1)

When I can get through a day without speaking my mind to my Mom that's my accomplishments!!

As far as daily failures I beat myself up about that enough.
(2)

- 15 wind chill outside. gonna stay in and make me some more cinnamon rolls. it only costs about a buck to make a dozen of em, maybe less. a little oatmeal in the cinnamon filling really makes em good.
(3)

I found a few more marbles, but probably lost just as many.
(7)

wth, i think we need to note our small accomplishments and acknowlege our shortcomings in order to improve ourselves. i actually accomplished 3 things today -- i came home without booze again. im pissed at my kid. im determined to live to 100 now so he cant pawn off and pee away my hard earned home, equiptment and such. i wrote a little hymn about him, its goes like this;
hymmmmn,
hymmmmn,
F**K Hymmmmn..
(3)

Accomplishment was that I went on first job interview.
Failure (which I really hate to admit but maybe I should) was that in trying to help dad get out of the kitchen chair (because he was sore), the chair tipped and went over on side, spilling out Dad. He is okay, but I feel like the world's worst caregiver.
(2)

I have to say I am now realizing that I have achieved three things. Mom is talking to me again. I now realize that she is out of another angry and depressed mood swing. She goes into it every other week about. I understand now that it is that. This makes it much easier now for me to cope, and give her space. I cannot reach her anyway when she is in this mood. I knew about this phenomenon, but never realized the reality.That is my happiest achievement today. The third one: I finished trimming the weeds in the whole yard. I do it with shears so I can have more exercise. I leave a low layer so there's no mud when walking outside.

Veronica, Yes, you will feel satisfied after you see your clean fridge. I know I do.

Captain, I like this thread. Thank you for the idea.
(2)

Good day here! Went out to lunch with friends and hubby (invited parents but too cold for them). Then lots of deer in the yard.. makes folks happy to watch. AND my new jumbo air purifier came, hubby setting it up now to deal with the smoke. Yippee!!! Plus I watched crap movies on TV..
(4)

Jeanne~You needed that time...so good to hear you are hosting the brunch.
(1)

i went to town and checked out a friends non starting car. fixed that and visited aunt edna for an hour or so. saw edna have a couple or three hearty laughs so that was nice. when shes gone i know from experience its the laughs ill remember her by. its absurdly cold here in indiana today.
(5)

Accomplishment: Scheduled a brunch party for next month, for my large family.

Before Coy developed dementia we used to have the entire family over about once a quarter for "Sunday dinner at Gramma's" As he declined it became too much for me to play hostess as well as caregiver. I intended/hoped to resume the practice after he died. It has taken a whole year for me to feel up to it, so I'm feeling pleased to be offering Sunday Brunch at Gramma's in a few weeks.
(7)

Where is everybody this morning. had to go out at 6am as hubby had his first cataract done. All went well apart from the surgeon having to tell him to shut up while she was trying to operate. I managed to keep quiet while he told me where all the slick spots would be found and where I could park at the hospital.
so I guess that was my success for today
(2)

Had my Failure.....and it's a big one. I'm setting Mom's room up for bedtime, couldn't find remote, pulled out her reading chair to look and CRASH. There was a large vase, filled with MARBLES and plastic lilies (ya know, like from the 80's) on the shelf behind her chair. Vase didn't break, so no broken glass, but 10000000000 MARBLES everywhere!!!!
Those who don't know my situation...Mom is 50% walker and 50% wheelchair, almost blind with moderate dementia, and she FORGETS in the middle of the night , that she cant walk. A room full of marbles is a disaster waiting to happen. LSS....picked up each and every one of them. My knees hurt and I'm going to bed! Night all!
(6)

I shoveled a crap load of snow so my husband wouldn't have to when he got home from work!!

Failure: I pissed Mom off but luckily she forgot about it!!
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter