Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I suppose I did accomplish figuring out next step in father's medical care. I've been down this road before, maybe this will be last time, maybe it won't be. But after lengthy discussion with his PC physician, I understand where I need to steer his medical care from here.

Austin, I have the same issue with tech support for just about every company that HAS a tech support department. Not super fluent in English, hard to understand, they stick to protocol like its the Bible and are largely ineffective to help you deal with the problem. Such is modern life. I'm glad you were able to sort out your issue.
(0)

I accomplished what I planned to do today and solved a problem with my computer without much help from Comcast -they said they could not help me and then after I was able to get into my email-which was the problem-there was an email saying a repairman would be at my house tomorrow -how was I suppose to read an email when the problem was I could not access the email. I called Comcast and told them how inefficient their tech support was besides being rude and unable to speak English properly .
(2)

fine day. scooped up a buddy and we hauled 3 ea 2-1/2 ton loads of stone for the renters top end. the renter is paying for the stone , the friends labor is deductible as is the stone and fuel to haul it. got done in time to take edna to suckway, hor betsy paid me the 3 bills she owed me and work is a go tomorrow. then the weather turns to hate again.
im telling you caregivers when your carer responsibilities have ended youll get your mental capacity back and possibly be more effective at getting s**t done than ever before. got home and have email -- ednas new glasses are ready.
lol. ive done destroyed the bed on the small truck hauling firewood stacked to the sky. gotta shift the commercial truck bed im building to a higher place on my priority list. i need to be able to hurl a hunk of granite on the truck from 15 feet away. gmc wasnt looking at that extreme of eventuality..
(1)

We went out to lunch with my boyfriends' cousins -two of them lived near me where I grew up-they have accepted me in to the fold nicely -we go out to lunch every couple of months-it is very nice most families let themselves drift apart I tis so cold and another snow storm is expected starting Sunday into Tue-this winter has been so bad. I did get bills paid and worked on my budget . Tomorrow will take the meat off the chicken and freeze some of it and make some into a casserole an bake some cookies and do some cleaning. Hope everyone as a good night or day depending where you live.
(2)

not a bad day. got kaiser logo and email address decaled on my small truck doors, hauled one load of rock, got my concert tickets , had dinner with edna and brought a new battery home for the big truck. tomorrow ill haul the mother load of driveway stone.. bout 3-1/2 tons . still too cold to work for another couple days..
(1)

lol. on the jet at a point they stopped serving booze. on a restroom trip i asked a stewerdess if more booze were available. she said id been tapered off. i told her " thats fine but im being awfully well behaved " . she said " by golly you are indeed, what do you want? "
4 more minis of bacardi. lol . they sneaked then to us as the booze really had been cut off for everyone.. good memories. of course i had to come home and sketch a cartoon of our jet -- being in flight refueled from a bacardi tanker.
an even funnier cartoon was one of me telling a ticket counter girl that them 2 old gals made me what i am -- a fuzzy faced f*****g weirdo. lol..
(2)

hope you have a blast cindy. mother , edna , son jake , and myself flew to az 7 years ago to see my g-baby. the women had never flown , nor had jake. we had a nice time , jake and i got riteously hammered on the jet. edna doesnt remember the trip at present. there are gaps in her memory. she doesnt remember ever riding my bigger trike either but the reality is weve ridden for as much as 4 hours at times. my current customer thinks i should be hacking at the earth with a brick hammer and laying dry stack stone today -- at 8 degrees. cant do it , the fill sand would freeze on the truck..
(2)

Something wonderful is happening. My terrific friend Michelle since 7th grade has invited me and my mom to fly to Washington state for a much needed pump of hugs and probably CHOCOLATE (dark) after five years of cleaning poopie underwear and picking my husband off the floor when he got his head stuck between the toilet and handicapped shower! MOM has been sliding, memory failing, falling down,, etc. Michelle and I were the friends who finished each other's' sentences and her mother, the doctor, is paralyzed. MOM and Virginia can share all the missed years and boost each other. CANNOT believe it is going to happen. Someone is going to stay with my husband, help him remember meds, help feed all the animals, etc.. I AM GOING TO INSIST THAT THEY DO THIS. I DESERVE IT, D*** IT.
(5)

Captain it is good you let Edna do some thing productive -people are always telling her what not to do as if she were a child. Good friends make this life worthwhile-I am so glad to have my honey-it is almost a year since we have been dating-we did go to high school together but only knew each other by name in those days I just wanted to get out of school and into the real world-who knew it would be so difficult-now 55 yrs. later I am really happy. Yesterday I did cooking and cleaning today it will be bills and going to my son's for the furnace repairman then my honey will come over in the evening -still cold here and lots of snow around.
(1)

alice was booed a little last time he done " only women bleed " at verizon. i love me some hoosiers but the dummies didnt quite realize the song was about the plight of mistreated women.
(1)

captain, my fave AC song is 'only women bleed'. I almost died to that song while being trapped underwater while tubing behind a boat. When I could hear it again after that experience, I knew I was alive. The couple of minutes being dragged at high speed were surreal. Loud music, huge tractor tube, too many people and ahem, a few adult beverages for a non-adult.

Glad to be here today.
(3)

I understand things on the brain. Hope it goes well, ABB, with getting your dad back under your wing. It has to be hard to get back into it. Like Groundhog day. Hope all goes well on Friday. Keep us posted.

Glad you got some time to yourself. That had to be a blessing! We all need a respite from the crazy train. It's awful hard to hop back on board. I can appreciate that.

Who knows where kooky stuff comes from? At least we get to laugh. :)
(1)

windy, check out an alice tune " pick up the bones " . its about the ethnic cleansing in bosnia. kick it up a bit -- typical clean , sharp, alice..
(0)

I spaced the joke, windy, and it isn't even the first time someone has said that to me. Guess I got so much else on the brain lately. Got my dad back today after a couple weeks of sweet, peaceful absence. That's a FAIL, lol, just kidding.

My accomplishment was getting several weeks to focus on me entirely and not have to answer the repetitive, random questions that do come at me all day when he is here. Sigh. It can't be easy getting old. But my dad was ALWAYS a bit on the crazy/kooky side, so I still don't know what to attribute his weird ways to. :-)

Any way you slice it, he's back and he's again my responsibility. The doctor's appointments start this Friday… hope there isn't more than a couple needed to get him back on track with his ongoing medical issues.
(0)

windy, if you and i ever met, bring BoB. im not threatened by an inanimate object..
lolol
(1)

ALICE , ALICE , ALICE. lol
we may not go. a headbanging group is going to be there who doesnt appeal to either of us. bummer. im in the market for a genuine friend. had to discard one or two who turned their backs in my time of need. i have one female friend ( not romantically involved ) who would go to h*** for me and me for her. its security in an uncaring world. id love to have another.
not a real remarkable day today. got a job lined up, fixed the taillighting on my small truck and made it to eye doc with edna at 3;30 pm. doc said only one eye had declined and he could flat hook her up. swore shed be running at 20 - 30 vision. remarkable for 89 yrs old. you cant give an elder the health of a teen but you can make their last yrs , months , weeks as pleasant as possible. they deserve it.
yesterday edna shoveled gravel. its what she wanted to do and dammit its her life and noone should tell her any different. old , not stupid or helpless..
gentleman or no , ali wants to wear leather to protect herself from teeth prints in her ass. im sweet but im still a ( ass ) man.. lol
(3)

I didn't mean to scare everyone away! I know it's Alison Bo Balison. :) Guess I got a little carried away at the mention of Alice Cooper.

Accomplishment today - made it to the caregiver's support group, meets monthly at my mom's place though not to her knowledge. Dang! I always think I'm sneaking around there though I know better. Mom doesn't leave her room after 2 pm. Never going to run into her downstairs but it still feels like I'm sneaking out the window when I was 16. I'm always hoping I'll catch HER out and about and socializing. She'd be soooo busted! LOL And I'd love it that she was out and about!

We talked a lot about boundaries and my goal for us to have four days off in a row (!) this summer. Got some good ideas about things I need to work on to give my little family a break and actually go somewhere. Baby steps but they were good ones.
(2)

You realize your middle name is BoB - Hee - ducks and runs away! :0)

Seriously, loooove Alice Cooper. I'm jealous!
(2)

(That concert will give me excuse to wear my leather pants, lol. THAT event, in and of itself, will make the "accomplishments" thread.)
(1)

You are just too much. I said I would go. Hey, everybody on AC, I've agreed to meet Bob and see Alice Cooper in concert in July! Look, now its official, lol. We're going as buds, Bob assures me he realizes he's too old for me, lol.

In this life, friends have a lot more mileage for me than "relationships." So, here's to friends. ;-)
(2)

not a very productive day today but nice enough. edna and i hauled a load of driveway stone to the renter and nothing doing but edna wanted to help shovel rock. i backed off and let her. she stands just fine but dont walk very well -- weak legs. shes a tomboy and has always worked hard maintaining a mile long lane at her homestead in the sticks.
at this point the highlight of my day might be getting alison to catch a concert with me. he he . my domestic partner died and im in the market for a genuine and equitable friend. they are invaluable in this scary world..
(3)

Alison, Very, very stressful!
(1)

Then I get another email that the gutted basement will be getting needed drywall and carpet soon, within next couple of weeks. It been since September that results of mold test said the house was too toxic to live in, basement was gutted, and I was displaced for months. Now, looks like Trust will manage to get some work done in way of repairs in beginning of March.

I just want to take this opportunity to say: I'm convinced that there has to be another way for someone to plan for future other than putting a house into "deed in trust." It has meant a lot of waste, things forced on my dad and me that do not make sense, and he is kept waiting around for months for basic necessary repairs. There has to be a better way to protect and make plans for your house.
(0)

Mom asked what to take on her "cruise" and I said take clothes for a month. She said she would just rinse out her socks and things, and I reminded her they do her laundry. "Bring all your dirty laundry" I said. "Ha Ha!" she said " I should do that!" and we both laughed.
(2)

I got an email that my father's Trust managers are finally applying for a significant property tax reduction that I have been on them for the past 3 years to file for. So, finally, they are applying for it and it will mean I help save my father about $3k in unnecessary property tax per year, and I've been yapping and yapping about it to them, to family, drove many times to tax assessors office in downtown Chicago to see if I could get him applied for it… anyway, finally its getting done. Hooray. Why did it take 3 years for stupid Banking Institution (MB Financial, btw, I absolutely loathe them in every way), who is supposed to be conserving the Trust for benefit of my father, to help me out with this? I'm just so glad they are finally doing it!!!
(4)

Best day I have had in a while. Did not stay in pajamas all day. Or watch tv all day. Drove out to the beach and took in all the fresh salt air while I relaxed and listened to more of "I am Malalah" audio book on Kindle. Took some pictures. Came back into town and used Kmart coupon for 30 cents off each gallon to fill up truck. Picked up mail. Spent most of day with Mom showing her lots of my photos in the cloud through KiNdle. She enjoyed swiping each page to look at all of my pictures of my pottery, polymer clay jewelry, my husband's paintings and mural, her own paintings, photos of my late sister fishing, graduating from nursing school, ate a box of Valentine chocolates together, laughed a lot, communicated well, no arguments or negative comments allowed, watered and fed Brittanies, a day of peace. Brother in law has not brought husband home yet so I have locked myself in upstairs bedroom with SYFY channel. Not fixing dinner...not hungry. Might even use my CPAP machine that I have been neglecting...Will give me a better night's sleep! Sleep well, my new friends and spiritual warriors. We have made it through another day. Rejoice.
(5)

Psteqman you sound like a nice person that I would like to visit with-I had my appointment with the tax person today-getting a pittance back-how come now that I get spell check my own spelling is getting better. Did my food shopping-spent too much but will reduce the amount I spend in two weeks. Heard that there was a shortage on velvetta cheese and it is true I want to make mac/cheese to take to my brother and could only buy slices-got home and tweaked last night's dinner and made a can not believe it cake and cooked mushrooms and did dishes -house is a mess but dinner will be good-my boyfriend will be over and my son later-we may get snow on Wed again this is getting redicious -take care all you folks on this thread-really enjoy chatting..
(2)

PST Ha ha ha ha..... I am sorry for laughing...hat a great idea! If only I can convince my mother in law to go on a cruise and take her daughter with her............. Thank you for the much needed laugh!
(1)

I told Mom (MIL) she is going on a cruise. Actually it's a one month trial at an Assisted Living that she has toured and she actually agreed to go. They are giving her half-price!! I told her to pack clothes for a month, that's all she needs. I'll make sure she has her meds and I'll get Movers to haul her adjustable bed and favorite table & chair and some pictures. She was actually laughing " A cruise! I'm going on a cruise!"
(2)

pst - I would not have a clue where to get dry ice from unless the chem prof at the college would give me some. Where the bus loads parcels into is cool, and so is the storage at the bus depot so I think we are ok.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter