Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
5 6 7 8 9
Today I made myself a rice bag to go inside my mittens to go to the drs office to get my finger stick for the Pro time. 20 seconds in the microwave did the trick and the blood ran freely. Within range this time so don't have to go back for a month. Also purchased an electric griddle so I can make those english muffins.
(2)

if i ever vacation i want to go to the dark side of the moon. not much of a people person. you can visit if you want but dont step on my mushrooms.
(0)

Capt don't leave them lying around if you don't want them stepped on
(1)

if ya visit bring beer. these shrooms are a little more intense than id expected.
im gonna try to work today. 32 is the high. doin some restoration on the tah mahal. these clowns didnt quite understand rebar . building code, building shmode was their motto at the time.
thats all a lie. i did stone what we called the garage mahal one time. it was a detached garage with small beer porch, 15 foot arched overhead opening and outrageous stonework with black mortar. pretty elaborate for a garage..
(0)

Accomplishment - actually had some energy today - cleaned the grout in the kitchen. Peroxide does a nice job, Wiped down the appliances well, descaling the kettle, will descale the coffee maker, give the microwave a good clean out, and put the oven on autoclean - love that!!!
Failure - still haven't sorted the pile of papers on the ottoman. :( Hate sorting paper.
(2)

Major accomlishment today was clearing all the paper off the dining room table and the filing finished. maybe now I will keep up with it. Trouble is now there are piles of paper all over the house and none of them are mine and I am not allowed to touch them.
Emjo you are a better woman than me! Don't mention coffee maker to Ladee M or she will be at your house to borrow it!
Capt do you care what kind of beer?
(1)

Veronica - I know all about the piles of paper that are not to be touched. I have "touched" them once in a while and thrown out really old stuff and organized what's left and got no complaints. I am working on developing a "work area" where the papers can better be concealed. I really do not need all that china etc. which no one uses any more.The pile on the ottoman is mine and I just don't want to do it!
re the coffee maker - I once had to throw out a perfectly good coffee maker because I didn't descale it - have not made that mistake again.

cap, hope you get some work done. The garage mahal sounds interesting.
(0)

Hmm. Tried to look for jobs all day online. Learned a lot about the people in the field I am in. I have been majorly discouraged with lack of work, no money and rent and bills piling up. Went over to my narcisstic mother's to see if I could help her with something. We couldn't figure out her problem.She was all excited to tell me she bought some new make up while I suddenly burst into tears from the fear and frustration of being so poor. Of course her reaction to my tears was something like, "oh get over it," very cold and self centered. It was so callous it almost made me laugh. What an absurd reaction from a mother seeing her daughter in distress!
But it was more pain for me really: another reminder of how she will never be "present" again for me an how I am angrily not present for her.
Later in the day, I went home and got one little sale and two small engagements in my business. Cheered me up some. How I look forward to Spring!
(1)

on the moon there aint much beer selection so anything would be great. bought a nice used gas powered concrete saw a few months ago. fired it up for the first job today and every bolt the rental shop who sold it to me had touched was loose and falling out. the guy offered my money back. i told him i dont want my money back, just rent me another saw while i have this one gone over by a GOOD mechanic. its a good saw, got a great deal on it but i certainly dont want them working on it again..
(0)

Today's accomplishments included coloring hair, gathering tax paperwork, and clearing out the rest of Dad's things from his room. Getting the stuff out of the house is next. Deciding what goes where feels difficult for some reason. Can nursing homes take opened packages of briefs? Maybe an organization could take them. Hospice couldn't. Then there's my own stuff. Clearing out time! Early spring fever?
(1)

Donate the briefs to one of the thrift stores.
(0)

i think nursing homes will take leftovers, and in my experience even unused insulin. theyre freakin shady, why wouldnt they?
this is comical. i told my renter hor a couple months ago that id been threatening online ( ac ) to eat those yapping dogs. shes done miracles with them, you hardly know theyre here. tonight i pulled in and she had them outside peeing i guess. of course they yapped at me a bit. i told em cordially to stfu b****es.. neighbor said, just dont eat em. i told her in my best ( faux ) gruff tone that i was pretty GD hungry tonight. he he
(3)

this is pretty out there. edna may outlive her only daughter sharon. sharon is as effed up as a football bat. im prepared to take up some slack and have even offered sharon help if she needs it. id live in with edna for 24 hr care if permissable and it becomes necessary. shes an american pioneer and a badass chick.. when we laugh, its at each other, and its permissable..
(1)

Walked 15 mins today inside. Don't knock it. I know it does not seem like much but the only exercise mother got after about age 50 was walking and she always walked her 2000 steps even in a hotel room or her apartment pretty well every day. Then, of course, she walked more on other days when she went out. It has helped to keep her healthy.

My accomplishment yesterday was taking my sweet tabby Toonie to the vet and having him put down, His lungs had fluid. He enjoyed life up until yesterday so the timing was good. The vet said there was nothing that could be done -- probably cancer. He ate and played and did everything normal until yesterday so he did well. I miss him.
(2)

Accomplished taking my father to multiple doctor's appointments at downtown Chicago VA med facility without my head exploding. If you've never spent a day waiting in a line, so that you can wait in a room, so that you can be seen by a nurse, so that you can see the doctor, so that you can have your procedure you came there for… anyway, VA is no fun. But, got it done and didn't resort to jumping off top level of parking garage to end my pain.
(3)

id transfer dad to roudebush va in indy alison. i havent had a 15 minute wait in years. its a good hospital.
(1)

Accomplishment is that I didn't loose my patients with Mom this morning when she woke me up at 4am!
(1)

Yesterday I accomplished a lot went to lunch with my daughter and honey then she and I went to the thrift shop and she made a killing for only 5 bucks -it would have been less but one of the volunteers said some things were not half price. Made a cake and cookies for my table at our AARP meeting today. Getting some housework done before going for mail and church mail then to the meeting early so will help the lady who sets up for coffee and to visit with friends.
(1)

lol, i have a cartoon on my bulletin board that i just treasure. its an obviously beyond his prime hippie banging on a guitar and singing " on the cover of the AARP " . lol
(0)

i have to replace 4 ball joints on my small truck today. its a pita but it sure smoothes an older truck right out.
(0)

oh my, try calling in a favor when theres skint knuckles and some thinking involved. im on my own with the ball joints.
had a cuz when i was younger. id lie in crap to help him with auto repairs. one night i came by his house with a brake master cylinder that wouldnt work for another moment. cuz said hed cram a light out the door but lying in the snow helping me was beyond his " integrity " . cuz killed himself at the age of 34. or i snuffed him for his selfishness and made it look like a suicide. the former is the truth but the latter would be almost understandable.
caregivers, im suggesting letting hopeless, beyond repair relationships go. course i can say that, ive got oxy acetelyne torches that says i can do most anything by myself. the old smokewrench. lol
(1)

my youngest son is brilliant. hes ony 25 and has the thought process of a 50 yr old. hes going to thoroughly appreciate the balls i leave in a SD box for him. he will know what they mean. s**k b***s from cap, beyond the grave,..
that really means, your a badassed individual and have the greatest of future in store , but eat my dust beotch, im raising the bar every day.
oh F**k . my crack lighter just quit. ( har, crack lighter is just my vernacular for tommaco lighjter. please somebody, send me a crack lighter. i can take a lot but lighting dried spaghetti off the electric range i just dont deserve.. thats loser talk..
(1)

Failure: "Lost it" when something broke tonight. Normally I am oh well.... just a thing! Accomplishment: Realized my reaction was an accumulation of frustration, letdown,being putdown, sadness, stress, anger, fear, fatigue, all which I have not addressed lately but tried to bury.
(1)

@norest ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
(1)

Time for some rest for the weary. Have you got help now so you can get out. if not hire some ASAP. If it was possible before do it again. Money is just that money. YOU are more important. Relieve your frustration and lower you stress. I don't know how strong you are but do some thing physical. At the vey least take a hammer and break some china. take the rugs outside and beat the h*** out of them. When the Capt is frustrated he breaks some rocks or chops wood. pummel a pillow and have a good cry. Anything just let it out.Blessings and many many hugs
(2)

yesterday didnt go well for me either. got too close to a cv boot on the small truck and damaged it with the torches. i dont need the truck this week but its still a bummer. meant to get all 4 ball joints replaced in one day. nothing worthwhile is ever easy..
(2)

two successes today. changed insurers recently to save a little money but the gal lied and kept raising the price. finally they sent another bill for 133.00 . told em i wasnt paying it and would return to my former insurer who left me an open invitation to do just that. ill be dam if she didnt call today and told me to disregard the 133.00 . lol. the first thing you learn in business is to stand up for yourself.
heading home and saw a laz e boy recliner sitting in front of a furniture rental shop for 129.00 . sent my buddy mick in with a hundred dollars. lol. edna got herself a new chair. she really needed it, her couch was bunk.. comfort is a big deal at 89 yrs old. its a nice chair, i checked it out mechanically and for bed bugs. i hope a meteorite strikes my selfish sis in moms new chair. the dumb b****h has only learned to take, hasnt grasped giving yet..
(3)

now im trying to get in the insurance ladies pants. all she can do is mace me..
phoooo !!
(0)

i sure have fun with one of my favorite lines. bought edna a a sweater that i liked, told the helpful girl employee that id punch her in the face and make her wear it. same thing tonight with the furniture inspector girl. i told her edna needs something decent to sit in to which the girl agreed. but, i said, she is a cantankerouus hor to which the lady also agreed. i told her id punch edna in the face and make her sit in the recliner. surprisingly neither girl was surprised or for that matter impressed by my threats. it just is what it is damnt..
(0)

may i suggest that when an elders mind is nearly gone, they appreciate one thats more affirmative if not " powerful " ?
and loving..
(0)

5 6 7 8 9
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter