Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
4 5 6 7 8
i just eat em cause im a cheap a** cindy. i do kinda like em tho. if i eat chicken organs i can afford new ball joints. choices, man. its all about choices. he
(2)

trying to listen to a couple hours of motley crue as i have to tolerate them in order to see al cooper. they sound like a locked up train wheel so far but they cuss a lot. im comfortable with that..
(1)

LOL, Countrymouse. The poor guy would fit right in. And our faces when the elevator door opened. :) Not a lot shocks me anymore, but it was just not something I expected to see at that moment or, well, anytime really.

I can chalk that one off the (not) Bucket list.
(2)

accomplishment the past few days was surviving the stomach flu which hit while I was away, and getting back home safely Slept and ached most of yesterday, not much energy today, but otherwise life as usual. The weather forecast keeps saying it will warm up, but I don't see it yet. Someone on the sky shuttle back to the airport said they were going to Regina and wind chill put the temps at minus 67 C (minus 89F). Our minus 45C (-50F) seems almost bearable by comparison
Windy, that's called the F***-it list
(5)

put your weather at the top of that last list emjo. wow..
(0)

Thankfully, cap, I have been out in it only momentarily except for Thursday nite in E'ton after I had started the flu and needed to get to the nearest store for more Imodium for the trip home. It was cold and windy and I thought I was going to die on the way back from the pain of the cold. Yeah, surviving that can go on the top of the list.
(1)

* sigh * motley crue both suck and blow simultaniously. until now i thought that scientifically impossible.
(1)

Ah Emjo. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. Please be good to yourself and stay warm and cozy under the covers. :)

Laughed at the 'F it' list. We all have one, don't we? My husband did one last night, that frankly kind of scared me. Made some spring rolls in the deep fryer and we indulged. I'm in charge of cooking and he's in charge of clean up. He was in the kitchen for quite awhile and I asked what he was doing as I didn't leave much of a mess. 20 minutes later I found he put the 375 degree oil container right on the counter top! Thank goodness it did no damage, but what was he thinking? These lapses in judgement are kind of scaring me. He knows better and that's not normal for him. A lot of little things are starting to add up and are keeping me awake at night. Not wanting to borrow trouble because we all have enough of that already!

He's 58 and his mom kind of lost track of things in her early 60's, dying of LBD at 77. I think maybe I'm just too sensitive to this stuff, and my dad dying of brain cancer three years ago. Any weird behavior sends my antennas quivering.

I knew my dad wasn't well before he was diagnosed. Everyone else poo-pooed my concerns. He died 3 1/2 months later. He was a runner and wrote down his times everyday on a calendar. I looked through his calendar after he died, and it was incredible how much his writing degraded. I sobbed over that d*** calendar. How much he still tried to run not knowing what was wrong and write it down too.

You, dear Em, are an inspiration, and I hope you feel better soon. Damn this painful cold crap. -17F here tonight. So tired of this stuff.......
(2)

(((((((windy)))))) - warm and cosy under the covers??? I was battling high wind chills in E'ton going to the store to get Imodium for the trip back. Didn't seem to do me any harm. The rest of the time I was pretty quiet. Travelling by plane doesn't take much energy. Sorry about your worries over your husband. I can see with your family history that you would be a bit sensitive. Your dad sounds amazing. I think I would have cried over the calendar too. My philosophy is do the best you can to stay healthy - lifestyle stuff, healthy food, some exercise, as few pills as possible, good social connections, reduce stress, use your brain, and then don't worry about it. I am more forgetful now than I was, but don't think am getting dementia. And if I am, I am doing what I can about it. I used to worry about heart disease and stuff like that and after a while it gets real old, and you keep on trucking and realise all that worry was a waste of time and energy that could have been spent better. So here I am, with whatever deficits/conditions/diseases I have, trying to make the best of it anyway. You only have today - ever.
(2)

aunt edna gets her new spectacles today. shes not going to like the 250.00 price tag but hell there are 3-4 people working in the docs office. that costs money.
she finally got to see my medieval / goth home the other day. shed only seen my bunker and thought i lived in a shack - not really.
if daughter sharon thinks im an irritant now , wait till we go hellin out of ken - mar apartments on a trike later this summer. edna loves ike but a gap in her memory prevents her from remembering our past rides.
85 degrees, thats when its perfect for edna.
(1)

That is so cool, Captain. God I hope there'll be someone to take me pillion when I'm in my eighties (if I get there).
(1)

well it's after 11 in the morning, several inches of snow on the ground and coming down still. have did a couple loads of laundry and put dinner in crock pot. need to get out of this house for a bit so I don't get downhearted. don't like to be at home these days.
(3)

ya taught me a new word country mouse. ednas glasses work great, doc sed they would.
(1)

countrymouse, on this side of the pond we might say you would be "riding bitc*" although I do like the term "pillion"
(2)

* sigh *
hoosier vernacular ; lets roll hor.. ( lol, a term of total affection and reserved for the closest of female friends. ) ( friend ? lol )
but seriously, lets roll hor, you can drive. ( cappy gets sh*tfaced.. )
pulled into town one summer evening after being out of town for 3 hrs. betsy driving. cop pulled us in our own alley. some claptrap about a hurled beer can earlier in the eve. i fessed right up . yep, that sounds like me.. he was very kind, its just that the beer can was a political statement in the front yard of senator bray. ( my son calls him senator nay ). never ceases to crack me up..
(0)

i think americans should have the voting process simplified to hurling beer cans in candidates lawns or high caliber bullet holes in rural roadsigns. this aint friggin norway, this is and shall remain the us of a..
(1)

Captain we just need a line on the ballot, a box you can check that says "None of the above".
(2)

Hear hear! - as they say in Parliament - to the none of the above option.

I'd also like a voting system where you can put in a No as well as a Yes. Or rank them in order of preference. Something so that at least we wouldn't end up with representatives that 49.9% of the electorate can't stand at any price.
(1)

i liked bill hor dog clinton but he sent american jobs overseas in a wholesale manner. what seperates him from most others is he later admitted cafta and nafta were snafus of the highest order. i like honesty even if its in hindsight..
(1)

I got done more than usual today started with the eye doc and then blood work-she took so many tubes I felt faint afterward then home to laundry which was fun since the pipe to the dry well is frozen again and had to bail out the shower every 20 min. got cleaning and dishes done -my granddaughter comes home tomorrow she has been away since Sept.
(2)

Just got discouraged this afternoon. Went to the grocery store for just a few things and came out with even less because I refused to pay the ridiculouly high prices. english muffins were over $3 for six and I doubt there is more than 50 cents in the ingredients. I will be making my own from here on in
(2)

Nicer home-made, too, Veronica. And fewer chemistry-lesson type ingredients.

PS - I think I would definitely rather ride pillion than be anyone's riding what-you-said! Though what I'd really rather is get my own bike. There's a place in our little town that gives lessons. Wonder if I've still got the old magic/teenage fearlessness (read: groundless optimism) somewhere in me...
(3)

go for it, cm - never too late!!!

Veronica - we have atrocious prices Milk (regular), (1 liter) 2.47 C$
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 3.46 C$ Rice (white), (1kg) 4.72 C$ Eggs (12) 3.66 C$ and those are prices from 2012. Mainly, I buy foods on sale, except for the dairy free gluten free which I need. Making from scratch is better anyway.

Accomplishment - starting a program of walking around the house as it is still too cold and windy outside. 10 min at a time briskly, avoiding the cat as necessary, who thinks I am nuts. then cooling off on the exercycle. Even 10 mins. will do some good and better if I do it a few times a day. The best advice I read about exercise is do more than you are doing now. Everyone can accomplish that.
(1)

my son and his new GF picked up my groceries last week. ill bet GF got an education. big jar of red pepper, jar of garlic powder, instant decaf for iced coffee, big bag of rice, 2 bags suger, and a double armload of frozen chicken organs. real treat tonight, gizzards and pumps..
(1)

Cap't this is a good topic... reminds me of the daily journal I keep ...so I'll give it a shot:

Success: 8 days straight without a cigarette, not cold turkey, using e-cigarette to keep my sanity but still it's the longest in 45 years without a cigarette. Only way this works for me is to build my own and buy my own smoke juice, the retail pre-filled jobs just don't work well. At this point, I'm missing my little friends less and less. Also, made an appointment to have Aging Services nurse to an intake evaluation on Mom for ALF. Going back and forth on whether I can actually go through with it...

Failure: failed to exercise this am as usual ... always happens if I get on the computer to read the news first, somehow the news and internet browsing just sucks my energy.

Having homemade vegetable soup with biscuits tonight and Mom's having beef pot pie with biscuits, she'll only eat soup once a week so have to fix something different for her. Overcast day here in the South. Watching reruns of Castle and Turner Classic movies.
(1)

a sign on the office walls of the indy va say if your having depression trouble -- stop watching the news. i love international news from multiple sources but recently the less news i read the better i feel.
(2)

a two hour audio of david allen coe uncensored is considerably lighter entertainment..
(0)

never a dull dinner captain...maybe you can share the recipe for that...
(0)

My positive experience today was telling my 99 year old mother that she is still valued by her family & that we still have more to learn from her.
(1)

My sister added a day to my vacation on the front end. My hotel in AC couldn't accommodate me, so my brother booked me a room in the heart of Manhattan, for the 1st night. I am so excited I can barely stand myself. Anticipation is half the fun!
So my accomplishment today is.....
I picked up all Moms scripts and otc's to make sure she has everything she needs while I'm gone, and I'm already 90% packed.

Failure.........hmmm, I think I did good so far today! I've got time.
(2)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter