Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
2 3 4 5 6
this is unreal. lost my army pile cap about a month ago. i was upstairs talking to the renter this am when she pointed at the table and told me she had picked up a hat at a free charity store in another town for me cause it was like the ones i wear. it WAS my freaking hat. all my different paint colors, fiberglas resin stains, automotive sealant, ditto.. i figured it out in about 10 minutes. a month ago the renters dads truck broke down two towns over. i took him and a lowboy trailer to retrieve the truck. while winching the truck onto the trailer i got overheated and laid the hat on the trailer tongue. someone in that church parking lot picked it up and it ended up at the free store in yet another town.
it was lost 20 miles away and delivered back to my table.
if its a sign from the god i dont necessarily believe in im impressed. i think a more proactive god might have caught it sooner but impressive none the less.
i know that story sounds like a pathological fabrication, but its not. glad to have my hat back but i was hoping for a nice mortar ho instead..
(3)

God may have been behind it but it was your Mom who recognised it and picked it up. just proves she is never far way so mind your manners.
(3)

oh i never thought about mom. of course shed grab my hat for me. that IS some real trippy s**t. thanks mom .. it keeps my buccaneers warm..
(1)

Mom was just thanking you for looking after Edna...
(1)

I'm not saying it WASN'T kismet… or whatever… but you live in Martinstucky… so chances of your lost hat finding its way back to your head isn't in the realm of lottery odds… jus saying… I'll mix your mortar, ho… hugs
(1)

lol. during the hospice ordeal one of the aids was fired by southern care. i took her right on out to work with me. SC of course called me every day as we were working. at the end of every conversation id close the phone and mutter " hor " .
" heather " asked me one day if i said the same after a phone call from her. i told her " prob'ly " . she said shed feel hurt if i didnt. i dont talk to her much anymore but " hor " is how she addresses me now. its definately a term of endearment with me or a standard term for females. ie; mail hor , tax hor, etc.
alison. do be careful. i play for keeps.
(1)

Austin, Nope, I live in Minnesnowta. :)
(2)

wow. had an army buddy from minnesota. useta keep me endlessly fascinated with tales of treading snow and digging down into the snow to find the barn. id put them snowshoes on and point myself south if i were him.
(0)

captain be forewarned Mom is keeping her eye on you.
(1)

Funny that Mom sent her message through your tenant. I wonder what she meant by that? Maybe she wants you to not ax-murder the dogs. LOL
(4)

the clown upstairs has made some real progress with dam dogs. its been so quiet i thought they were gone .shes taking them outdoors on a little balcony with padding down to do their pissin n such. im glad. i like them being here, my equiptment is safe when im working. the trip to jail for criminal mischief a couple years ago was good for me. taugt me to give things time... not my strong suit normally. lol
went out with edna today. she said doc competence tested her and told sharon id be involved, take advantage of it. were going to get new eyeglasses next week. the hippa form is legal s**t . ednas flu is breaking up and she sounds like a laugh box half the time. were goin dam trike ridin this summer..
(2)

We're not quite down to digging for the barn, as if I had one - wish! It's still quite surreal with some of the drifts/snowpiles 6 feet high and it's kind of wavy from the wind. Like being in a frozen ocean. This moisture came from the Gulf of Mexico. I wish it would've carried the salt with it so it would melt.

Hubby and I took mom out for lunch today. Treacherous drive there. Roads are all snow pack and ice and will not melt as we're in the single digits and teens for highs and going sub zero at night for a freaking week! Errggghhh!

At least my mom was in a good mood and enjoyed her time out and about. Made it all worthwhile. It's a good day when I can put a smile on her face. Mission accomplished!
(5)

your hat - He is letting you know he cares for you and has everything in hand

my accomplishment yesterday - got two boxes of frozen moose meat, sausages and ribs off to ex and ex mil on the bus. The bus depot staff promised the boxes would arrive that evening.

today - after several phone calls they located one of the boxes at the wrong depot and ex has picked it up. Still waiting for them to find the other box -it was my ex mils birthday present. She seldom gets wild meat anymore and was really looking forward to it. Aaargh! If it isn't found soon they will be able to locate it by the smell of rotting meat! I think I'll stick to flowers in future. I guess my accomplishment is still being polite to the bus people

cap - glad edna is feeling better. My godson took me on a wild motorcycle ride through the city the year I was 70 - black leather jacket, big sunglasses and the works. Loved it and would do it again in a New York minute
(2)

the hilarity never ends -- ednas new sweater is too nice to wear in my dirty old truck. ya win some and lose some. * sigh *
emjo, youd love a trike. they ride as gently as a cadillac.
(4)

emjo, I order Elk from grande meats and they pack it with several inches of insulation and dry ice that will last a coupla days. See elkusa.
(0)

Oh my gosh, Captain, you need to gather all your postings here and put it into book form or TV script form. Really, I am serious. You could give the other reality shows a run for their money.

First time on this "Failures and accomplishments today" blog and totally forgot that the Olympics were on.... this was more interesting.
(2)

i learned i had hepc at the age of 40. you get a whole new attitude. none of us have the guarantee of another day. live it like you stole it i guess is what im sayin..
f**k a bunch of hepc..
(1)

good day.
went to town about noon, felt lighthearted and miscievious. texted cousin sharon and told her
" my mom died im trying to steal yours "
she replied " ok , lol " ..
humor can break things up sometimes.

slapped air shocks on my small truck even after having added an xtra leaf spring earlier. id like to handle about 1-1/2 ton on that truck , worthless otherwise.
still had a chillin sandwich ride with edna . subway, country route back to home.
had a wonderful , lengthy BS / philosophy conversation with my ba**ard son.
pretty packed day...
(2)

pst - I would not have a clue where to get dry ice from unless the chem prof at the college would give me some. Where the bus loads parcels into is cool, and so is the storage at the bus depot so I think we are ok.
(0)

I told Mom (MIL) she is going on a cruise. Actually it's a one month trial at an Assisted Living that she has toured and she actually agreed to go. They are giving her half-price!! I told her to pack clothes for a month, that's all she needs. I'll make sure she has her meds and I'll get Movers to haul her adjustable bed and favorite table & chair and some pictures. She was actually laughing " A cruise! I'm going on a cruise!"
(2)

PST Ha ha ha ha..... I am sorry for laughing...hat a great idea! If only I can convince my mother in law to go on a cruise and take her daughter with her............. Thank you for the much needed laugh!
(1)

Psteqman you sound like a nice person that I would like to visit with-I had my appointment with the tax person today-getting a pittance back-how come now that I get spell check my own spelling is getting better. Did my food shopping-spent too much but will reduce the amount I spend in two weeks. Heard that there was a shortage on velvetta cheese and it is true I want to make mac/cheese to take to my brother and could only buy slices-got home and tweaked last night's dinner and made a can not believe it cake and cooked mushrooms and did dishes -house is a mess but dinner will be good-my boyfriend will be over and my son later-we may get snow on Wed again this is getting redicious -take care all you folks on this thread-really enjoy chatting..
(2)

Best day I have had in a while. Did not stay in pajamas all day. Or watch tv all day. Drove out to the beach and took in all the fresh salt air while I relaxed and listened to more of "I am Malalah" audio book on Kindle. Took some pictures. Came back into town and used Kmart coupon for 30 cents off each gallon to fill up truck. Picked up mail. Spent most of day with Mom showing her lots of my photos in the cloud through KiNdle. She enjoyed swiping each page to look at all of my pictures of my pottery, polymer clay jewelry, my husband's paintings and mural, her own paintings, photos of my late sister fishing, graduating from nursing school, ate a box of Valentine chocolates together, laughed a lot, communicated well, no arguments or negative comments allowed, watered and fed Brittanies, a day of peace. Brother in law has not brought husband home yet so I have locked myself in upstairs bedroom with SYFY channel. Not fixing dinner...not hungry. Might even use my CPAP machine that I have been neglecting...Will give me a better night's sleep! Sleep well, my new friends and spiritual warriors. We have made it through another day. Rejoice.
(5)

I got an email that my father's Trust managers are finally applying for a significant property tax reduction that I have been on them for the past 3 years to file for. So, finally, they are applying for it and it will mean I help save my father about $3k in unnecessary property tax per year, and I've been yapping and yapping about it to them, to family, drove many times to tax assessors office in downtown Chicago to see if I could get him applied for it… anyway, finally its getting done. Hooray. Why did it take 3 years for stupid Banking Institution (MB Financial, btw, I absolutely loathe them in every way), who is supposed to be conserving the Trust for benefit of my father, to help me out with this? I'm just so glad they are finally doing it!!!
(4)

Mom asked what to take on her "cruise" and I said take clothes for a month. She said she would just rinse out her socks and things, and I reminded her they do her laundry. "Bring all your dirty laundry" I said. "Ha Ha!" she said " I should do that!" and we both laughed.
(2)

Then I get another email that the gutted basement will be getting needed drywall and carpet soon, within next couple of weeks. It been since September that results of mold test said the house was too toxic to live in, basement was gutted, and I was displaced for months. Now, looks like Trust will manage to get some work done in way of repairs in beginning of March.

I just want to take this opportunity to say: I'm convinced that there has to be another way for someone to plan for future other than putting a house into "deed in trust." It has meant a lot of waste, things forced on my dad and me that do not make sense, and he is kept waiting around for months for basic necessary repairs. There has to be a better way to protect and make plans for your house.
(0)

Alison, Very, very stressful!
(1)

not a very productive day today but nice enough. edna and i hauled a load of driveway stone to the renter and nothing doing but edna wanted to help shovel rock. i backed off and let her. she stands just fine but dont walk very well -- weak legs. shes a tomboy and has always worked hard maintaining a mile long lane at her homestead in the sticks.
at this point the highlight of my day might be getting alison to catch a concert with me. he he . my domestic partner died and im in the market for a genuine and equitable friend. they are invaluable in this scary world..
(3)

You are just too much. I said I would go. Hey, everybody on AC, I've agreed to meet Bob and see Alice Cooper in concert in July! Look, now its official, lol. We're going as buds, Bob assures me he realizes he's too old for me, lol.

In this life, friends have a lot more mileage for me than "relationships." So, here's to friends. ;-)
(2)

(That concert will give me excuse to wear my leather pants, lol. THAT event, in and of itself, will make the "accomplishments" thread.)
(1)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter