Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
When I can get through a day without speaking my mind to my Mom that's my accomplishments!!

As far as daily failures I beat myself up about that enough.
(2)

My success for today was getting my Coumadin in range so don't have to go back for another month. Took hubby back to the eye Dr. She says he can drive whoopee!!!!!!!!!. No more back seat or in his case front seat drivers. The accountant sent the tax organizer yuk. This has become my job since the last accountant prayed all the way over to the house that it would be me doing the taxes and then quit
(1)

my accomplishments are small and far between in the wintertime. sometimes i have to flip thru my pics of past stone projects to keep my spirits up. we sacrifice a lot for self employment but my tax lady, whos also self employed, always laughs and says " but your not going back, ( to a time clock ) right ? ".
(1)

I happened upon this thread today-too much time at home due to Cold temps and expecting snow again-think this is great we need to see our acomplishments-I went out and filled up the 6 bird feeders in the three areas I have then -one so I can see the birds from the kitchen one plac with tow I can see from the computer room/yarn/book/ junk room and one by the window next to my chair with 4 feeders and a suet holders and a squirille feeder but we have very few squirills now also put out peanuts and a dish of peanutbutter seed mixture-they are all set for the snow we will get-my honey will not be able to get over tonight for supper so will take a nap then watch sappy love stories on TV-it is good to see friends on this thread.
(3)

my accomplishment for today is to get out and do errands-it may snow again tomorrow went to two banks the drug store the grocery store and two post offices -I get the church mail once a week -we have a small reformed church so everyone has their jobs. I was dragging from my fall doing the drive on Wed-never again -will let my boyfriend or son do it-didn't knock any sense into my head-got a fat lip bruised nose and hurt knees. Also kept my temper while talking to a relative on the phone. Love this thread.
(0)

Today wasn't a list of accomplishments, do to the unexpected. C'est la vie. But I have worked out with weights twice this week. A friend brought a video and we worked out together. That was my best accomplishment today and I feel rejuvenated.
(1)

due; due to the unexpected. The editor in me can't stand it.
(1)

so far I got up earlier then usually -not going to do too much today-will make a can you believe it cake-very easy will share the directions-got it on facebook.
(0)

well i saved a couple hundred bucks a year on vehicle insurance. still cutting firewood every day. hardest few bucks a person ever made, lol, but it does keep the checking account from imploding.
(3)

Bonichak thank you for the laugh......
(0)

Accomplishment: found info for allowable IRS tax deductions for medical/dental expenses!
IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses, available at www.IRS.gov, .
(1)

Success or failure I don't know but slept a lot and ignored the taxes all over the dining room table. It's snowing again but that's not my fault
(1)

My accomplishment is imminent, taking the Hubby out for beer and wings, because today he is 63, and retiring at the end of the month. Any tips on how to manage a man who's worked every day for the last 48 years?
(2)

still cutting firewood. tomorrow i cut wood on a homeowners own place for 10 bucks an hr. ya dont get rich but every little bit helps. this guy has 2 potbellied pigs that have gotten bigger than hed expected. im going to eat those pigs when he gets tired enough of em. pork chops with light apple stuffing? yea, thats the plan.
(2)

psteg try to get him to volunteer -most towns need someone to drive the elderly to doc appointments-what was his career -he might be able to donate time in his field-if he is good with tools he might be able to donate time with home repairs or if he likes books delivering them to the home bound-if there is an office for the aging or a senior center he could get into activities or helping if he is good on the computer he could help teach seniors-give him a week or two to be lazy then on to activities or he will be telling you how wrong you have been doing the dishes for the last 30 years-I volunteer lots and it is so satisfying -and we have fun-there are also latchkey kids out there -this is the start of the rest of his life-most towns have adult ed classes or local community colleges-keep us posted we all learn from each other. OK I need help my boyfriend needs to eat low fat meals and I am in a quandary of what to fix for meals-I love to cook for him
(2)

Get him out of the house he"ll drive you nuts. Does he play golf or anything?
Does he like to drive? There may be jobs delivering cars or RVs cross country
(0)

If you can't get him out of the house you may want to do the things I suggested for him.
(0)

got my taxes close to being done -still waiting for tax info but if I do not get the letters my tax man does not get upset-mail even at the PO goes into other's boxes so will take what I have it is not my fault if the forms do not reach me-got a big storm and have to get out tomorrow to take my boyfriend for a test-we are expecting two more storms this week -I got enough done today to please me just not as fast as I wanted to . My mantra is good enough is good enough.
(0)

dreading my own taxes but when everybody else gets their returns im owed about a thousand bucks worth of firewood money. they about have to pay me, i fix their cars, home repairs, etc. well, me and uncle google.. ill do anything for money as long as its legal and from dec - feb we can wave the " legal " requirement. lol
that reminds me. a couple years agoi i got caught with some pills on vacation in marion indiana. my friend betsy drove me up there to court and we had to visit grant county probation before leaving town. i told betsy and " mike " the probation man that i was going to go out to cikana state fisheries and f**k fish for my 100 hours of community service. poor mike as trained as he was in being mr gruff like to busted a gut at that visual. hell i was already in trouble , might as well have a little fun out of em.. i worked 100 hours at the local goodwill store. 12 hour shifts, no lunch break. now THATS sarcasm. lol
i never let up. a year later when my local probation officer told me my probation was ended as of today i told him i was going to get tee totally trashed. he he. we became pretty good friends in that year.
then i got thrown in jail for running over a customers lawn hydrant. nothing doing but i had to write my attorney one night and told him i shoulda ran over the guys throat instead. if i hadnt been my mothers caregiver id probly still be in anger management. you only live once, give it hell i say..
(0)

capt you are one of the most interesting folks I have met on AC you keep it light and give us laughs for sure-are you still her caregiver?
(1)

mother passed away on aug 1, 2013.
lifes BS never lets up. i recieved a message yesterday on a dating site. the person said my pics turned her on. then " she " sent a pic. " she " was a black male tranvestite. i hope the sob dies of hiv today, tomorrow at the latest.
(0)

I found dating site all bad -I had many dates where I had seen their pics and not one was updated-on one he looked to be youngish with black hair and standing up nice and straight -when I got to the diner where we were to have lunch I saw this old old man hardly able to get out of his car-I said to myself I bet that is my date. He was so deaf he did not hear me address him by name the waitress had to shout his name to him. He talked non-stop about himself and did not ask anything about me and he ate most of my lunch as well as his. One man had loose dentures that drove me crazy and he yelled at me because he got lost. Thank God that is all behind me-now I am with a man who graduated with me 55 yrs ago from high school and we are doing great.
(2)

yea the first person i ever visited from an online site would barely fit in my truck, and might i add that its a big f**king truck.
(0)

this truck hauled 14 ton boulders on okinawa for f**ks sake.
(0)

Capt you are just too picky!
(2)

I knew a man who accidentally forwarded me his login and and password for an online dating service. So I logged on and almost spit my coffee when I read his description of himself as "athletic and muscular". I was so tempted to post a picture of his wife.
(2)

I did get a lot of cleaning done today which I am glad about-would rather be cooking but my boyfriend is on a low fat diet until he has his GB out so that limits what I can cook and did cook all day yesterday.
(0)

Feel in a rut today another storm is due tomorrow so will be home then also this snow is getting to be too much but will try to be productive the rest of the day.
(0)

ice raining here in indiana this evening. i took aunt edna out of AL today for a few groceries. she is one who doesnt find AL to be a party at all. if her little house werent occupied by a grandson right now id take her back there and stay with her . she caregave for both her parents at the end of life. shes a treasure to me, always has been..
(3)

Thankful my teenage son was out of school today for George Washington's birthday. 6 more inches of the white stuff which drifted three feet in spots. Looong drive way. You get the picture. :( Snow piles are now officially higher than I am tall, which isn't saying much. 42" on the ground plus drifts and the shoveling piles. It's getting kind of surreal, like living on some alien planet. I do remember snowpiles like this back in the late 60's - drifts up to the rooftops.

Glad this wasn't one of my every other 'mom' days. The roads were horrible. On awful snow days like this, when I don't want to risk my life, she rubs my nose in it that so and so made it in and said the roads were bad, but not so bad. I just want to scream they are paid caregivers, it's their job. I'm forgoing a paying job to take care of all your needs and I'm sure as heck not going to risk life and limb and car to plug in your e-cigs!

Accomplishment = driveway. Failure = none (and very rare) Must be a good day!
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter