Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Say what, caregivers have time to read a magazine while in a doctor's office with their elderly parent??? Not me, I am busy filling out paperwork and more paperwork, or helping my parent with this or that. The distractions are constant.

Also, I stopped reading magazines in a doctor's office years ago after reading that you might pick up a magazine that someone had sneezed into a few minutes prior.... oh gross.... when you think about it, many of the people in the doctor's office are sick, thus germs are lying in waiting for you to browse through that magazine.

I can understand our concern for privacy, yet many are on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. Never was on Facebook nor Twitter. Was on Linkedin and got very strange mail sent to the office, so I quickly deleted myself.... I was thinking about all the information that I had on that website due to my work, since Linkedin was a networking business site. My gosh, someone could create a resume from the material. I wanted to jump into the witness protection program !!
(5)

Ha ha ha FF, haven't you ever had one of those appointments where they keep you waiting forever? Sometimes it seems so long I'll even read the posters on the wall about whooping cough, the benefits of breastfeeding and the warning signs of STDs. It seems that most local of the doctors offices have done away with magazines now though in favour of TVs, and the waiting public are all glued to their phones. The holdouts are usually places like dentists or optometrists, or the labs and diagnostics attached to hospitals. When I was waiting for my last mammogram I had my choice of several magazines that were at least 10 years old ;)
(4)

cwillie, LOL about reading the posters. I remember decades ago the standard joke about old National Geographic magazines in the doctor's office. Now a days the joke is People magazines from 6 months ago.

You are right, seems like everyone is glued to their cellphone, no matter what age.... except me, I don't have the capability to see what Kim Kardashian is doing at the moment. I have to keep alert in case my name or my parent's name is called. No multi-tasking here.
(0)

FF, and I don't and I am sure you don't either have any desire to know what the K ckan is up to and that goes double for what's her name Bruce Jenner?!
(2)

id like to hope that FB is just a silly fad . ive worked with three different seasonal helpers out at the farm who have been cell phone addicts . i seriously , ( being in construction ) dont want those distracted , addled sob's anywhere near where im working .
(2)

A lot of employers are banning cell phones. The director of a nearby nursing home told all his staff to put them away, and if they can't they need to leave and not come back.
(0)

FF, you are right about the age of magazines. My dr has a tv with health info, magazines but most are geared toward men like outdoor hunting, then there is wall street type magazine, people, and something for women that has to do with decorating the home. Yes, I take out my cell and web surf.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter