Follow

For any worrying about not getting in Facebook, instagram, you tube virtually all of Mark's toys are down. World news.
If they can get HIM they can get into anything I am thinking. I don't do the sites that save all your banking info and your passwords and everything. Just me and I am an old fashioned at best and Luddite at worst type person.

But in case you were trying to get in that's the reason you can't.

Find Care & Housing
Facebook has an explanation.
It's all our fault. Hee.
They say something happened that made their checking system start forbidding sign ons and people got wigged and started to access to try to change passwords and stuff (I sure did over and over again) and in huge numbers which completely ruined operating stuff and they had to briefly shut down for a reset.

Is this like pulling the plug and plugging it back in?
Seems to have worked.
(1)

JoAnn, Yeah, FB is now META, a company owning youtube and instagram and I don't know what all else.

As to Mark wanting my photos? Ha ha. Mark is WELCOME to my photos. He can do whatever he likes with my photos. Hee! Just so he doesn't look at all my kimonos and decide I should sew HIM one.

He lives just up the street from me. I always threaten to ask him over for a glass of Matua Sauvignon Blanc. But I suspect he drinks better stuff. And is seldom home!

As to Facebook. I love it. Someone said "all people do there is fight" and I said "I am a member of the peeling paint society. No one there fights about anything. They just post pretty pictures of peeling paint".
(2)

My friends call me the “last human not on Facebook”. I’m at peace with that
(2)

My FB had been down since 10:30ish and back up about 30 minutes ago. I don’t use the other Social Medias.
(0)

I had no problem just getting on. What I read today is that FB will now be known as Meta and they can get into ur photos. I always thought FB could.
(0)

Had no problems in my little patch of Canada.
(0)

My FB and IG is fine
(0)

The problem is that with internet and cellular phone services becoming the default option for business, banks, and governments we can only secure our data as well as the entities we share it with do. There was a news story yesterday that some Canadians are getting fraudulent text messages that included their SIN numbers (like SSN in US) that had been stolen in a previous data breach.
(1)

Interesting news, Alva.

I think everyone knows by now, or at least they should know that nothing is ever going to be totally secure online.

Hackers are brilliant! They are usually one step ahead of others. We spend a great deal of time catching up. It’s extremely wise to be cautious.
(0)

Says world wide in SOME places, even Mexico, but back now. 500,000 users reported like right away I guess, hee hee.
Back again. Last big one lasted 6 hours so this is pretty good. Might be internal and not outside hackers in this case, which is good!
(0)

Weird, I just checked my municipal Facebook page and it displayed as normal. Although I did have trouble logging into Google/YouTube/Reddit/Gmail earlier today.
Ah, I see it's only a problem for people who log in.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter