Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Dear "lealonnie1,"

I didn't know about your husband's surgery either until I was on Elaine's thread. I will be be praying for you both. Waiting is extremely hard to do!

If it's any encouragement, my ex- BIL who's 78 and has many other serious health conditions has gone through this and all went very well. Also, my uncle who is 90 whose been a heavy lifetime smoker and has extremely high cholesterol issues has also undergone this type of surgery at least twice and he's still doing what he's always been doing good or bad!

Will be looking for an update when everything is over.

In the meantime - take care!
(2)

Prayers, hope all went well.
(2)

I don't always go to discussion threads. I am so glad that I even saw your message. I am so glad your DD is a Cardiac RN. SUCH a help and will be all through this. You can get through this. Do know that after all the rehab he is going to have a little bout of depression that just hits like so much post traumatic stuff. This is a shock to the mental system, to have to go through all this. But he can do this and your DD will keep you so well informed. We are all holding you both in our hearts, and I know people will have many prayers coming your way as well. Get as much rest as you can today. I came straight in to this to see how you are this a.m., and will think positive loving thoughts of you through the day.
(5)

Thinking about you both today, Lea. ((((((hugs)))))))))
(3)

I just found the discussion thread. I am so sorry. Prayers to you and your family. I will be thinking of you today. Prayers and speedy recovery to your DH.
(4)

Lea, I replied then saw the part about the surgery, I'm so sorry you and DH are going through this but I am relieved for him and you that the blockage has been found and will be getting fixed!

I'm glad your DD can be there for you both too. One step at a time, and deep breaths. Sending you lots of love Lea.

{{{Lea}}}
(5)

Thinking of you and your DH Lea and sending all good thoughts your way! Please keep us posted! Also sending a huge hug!
(4)

Hello,lealonnie. I just lit a candle and said a special prayer for your dear husband.
I asked my family to pray for him too. You are in my prayers Please take good care of yourself and try to get some rest. Hugs.
(3)

So sorry to hear this Lealonnie. Prayers going up for both of you! Prayers for a successful procedure & a smooth recovery! Make sure you take care of yourself too, this is such a stressful time. Indulge in some self care.
(5)

Thanks EB.........he's going to be in the ICU for at least 24 hrs after the open heart surgery and intubated the entire time! I won't be able to visit............which would kill me anyway, to see him like that. Thank God my DD is a cardiac RN and can be there for both of us.

GA: Nothing relaxes me..............I swear I have not slept for the past month at least. I think I'll bring out my lavender and mint balm, that sometimes calms me. Thanks for the reminder
(6)

I am so glad they found the blockages. Wishing your husband a safe and speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers send to both of you. Sending you a big wrap around hug.
(4)

I just read your post. I certainly will pray for your dear husband, lealonnie. Hope everything goes well. It is amazing what medicine can do these days. Sending you a big hug.
(3)

Well, the news isn't good. My DH needs a triple or quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow afternoon. Has 1 65% occluded main artery (placque) and another that's 85% occluded and neither can be stented. So off he goes to surgery tomorrow. The doctor says he's surprised my DH is alive, and that he's very very lucky. Meanwhile, we've been fighting for 2 months to get this catheter done!

Send prayers everyone, and thanks to those who have responded. Much appreciated
(6)

Best wishes for a successful surgery and even more successful healing period afterward!

What relaxes you?  magazines?    scents?    I always took gardening magazines and either cinnamon or herbal concoctions from an herbalist whenever I went to the hospital.
(5)

Lea, how is your hubby doing? Thinking about you.
(4)

Praying!
"For I, the Lord your God,
    hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, 'Fear not,
    I am the one who helps you.' "
- Isaiah 41:13
(4)

Oh, Lealonnie, you are much much loved here. One of the kindest and most gentle of hearts with such solid good advice. You will be in our hearts during this day. I hope you will update us when hubby is out. I hope this gives you good answers and I hope there is some easy fix. Sometimes they can slip in a stent that helps the flow during this very procedure. Thinking of you. Keep a bit of pepcid on board and don't let yourself get an ulcer over it. That won't help. Thoughts with you.
(7)

Oh, Lea! Hugs and good thoughts!!!!!!!
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter