Follow

She sees this kid feeding ducks, and thinks it’s her actual kid from 50 years ago. Gets taken out of jail by her son, the police detective, and his family to this hovel. Unbeknownst to family, she had fired her caregiver and surrounded herself with 10 stray cats. Absolutely refuses to return to a facility because everyone there is waiting to die. Optimistic family member volunteers to let her live with them given the extreme circumstances….

And I’m just dying. It seems so really real.

Burstyn is 88 and an Emmy winning actress. How much of this performance is just great acting ability, and how much of it is what she relates to?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
L&o ot law and order are three shows that air concurrently on nbc Thursday night from 8 pm to 11 pm. They show the original, then its spin-off on sex crimes, then the spinoff into organized crime.

Burstyn first appeared in her role in svu, as Bernadette Stabler, suffering from bipolar disorder. She won an Emmy in 2009 and came back this year as a major supporting character.

Compared to the Bernadette of 2009, in the present she is so much worse. She’s exactly at that stage so many of us see with our elders.
(2)

I am not up on all the cable networks. What is L&O?
(0)

I’ve got this recorded and now looking forward to watching it. Thanks for sharing
(0)

You’ve piqued my interest! I remember how good Burstyn was in Same Time Next Year. Also thought she was perfect in Big Love. Such a talented actress.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter