Follow
This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
One of the best pieces of advice that I ever received from my neighbor when my child was napping was, “When she naps, you take a nap too!”

I was catching up on housework when my daughter napped. I was exhausted all of the time. I decided to listen to my wise neighbor and felt so much better!

I could say the same thing about when a parent is napping. Take a nap yourself! Enjoy the quiet time and snooze.

They are tired! Let them nap and caregivers are just as tired. So, take advantage of this time to get some rest.
Helpful Answer (0)

Yes. Let your parent sleep.
Helpful Answer (2)

Enjoy your parent’s nap! You have no idea how many people wish their elders would sleep all day because if they’re sleeping, they’re not complaining or in pain or demanding the impossible.
Helpful Answer (1)

Sally65, curious, how old are your parents? As we get on in age, it is quite normal to fall asleep during the day because it isn't that easy to fall asleep at night due to aches and pains.

I am 76 years old, and fell asleep this afternoon while watching Judge Judy. The sofa is just soooo comfortable.

My folks [90+] use to brag to people that they would watch Johnny Carson then go to sleep, then get up at the crack of dawn. Yep, they needed only 5-6 hours of sleep. Well, they forgot to add the nap time right after lunch, just before dinner, and right after the evening news.
Helpful Answer (2)

You really haven't given enough information but I'll link a site search that may be able to give you some insight

https://www.agingcare.com/search?term=sleeping+too+much
Helpful Answer (2)

Welcome, Sally!

Can you tell us a bit more about your parent's medical conditions and age?
Helpful Answer (2)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter