Follow

My mother has a killer recipe for zucchini quiche. It can be eaten hot or cold, and really does taste great. The nice thing about this recipe is that it can be prepared and into the oven in 10 minutes and it's healthy if you don't have a cholesterol issue. If you do, you can use Egg Beaters. My mom who is 90 has made this for YEARS. It passed down to me, and she delights when I bake it for her. My good friend also took the recipe with her to TX where she now makes it often for her family. Here it is:
ZUCCHINI QUICHE
Ingredients:
2 cups chopped zucchini (chopped fairly fine)
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup onion (chopped fine)
1/4 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
sprinkle of salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
small clove garlic (chopped fine)
4 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup oil

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased pie dish (or square pyrex). Bake at 350 for 30-35 min until top is just golden brown.
Smells great; tastes better!
Easy and good for loved one and caregiver alike!!

I will share more recipes if anyone is interested. We are Italian and have a lot of good and easy ones even the most discriminating palate would delight in. :)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Something my husband like well enough to eat over and over and over:

Scrambled egg, with any of the following: sausage bits, green pepper, onions, and/or bacon
Topped with Nacho Cheese Dip from a jar
and with Salsa spread over all.

Not exactly haute cuisine, but he loved it and it was quick and easy. That and some fruit were often his breakfast.
(1)

joshturbeville, did you post a url to recipes? That is not allowed on this site (unless the link is to an org or gov site). Could you tell us how to find the site? Or may type in your favorite easy one? We'd like to see your contribution.
(0)

I also have one my father and mom both love and it's even easier than the zucchini quiche. It's a chocolate cream pie made with Hershey Bar with Almond and cool whip. I know it's not super healthy, but if they are not diabetic, why not once in awhile have a treat. As we get older I am sure we would all like something different and sweet once in awhile! I will post the recipe but I am hoping to see some from others on the board that I can easily make for my mom that perhaps your mom or dad (or grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle; whoever you care for) really enjoy.
(0)

These recipes are easy to make, and what's more they taste amazing. Most food is complicated to put together, but there is such a thing as easy everyday recipes that you can make ever on week nights. Take a look and see the great dishes you can whip in no time at all.
(0)

These Thai recipes are easy to make, and what's more they taste amazing. Most Thai food is complicated to put together, but there is such a thing as easy everyday Thai recipes that you can make ever on week nights. Take a look and see the great dishes you can whip in no time at all.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter