I have early dementia. Forget names and subjects discussed.

Follow

As an Retired RN I want to reverse it. Started during very stressful time. My daughter thinks I'm ungrateful and rude and she never wants to see me again. She doesn't understand. My son does. Now I have to move from high maintainence house. I had foreclosure 2010and lost all my savings. Daughter moved me here . It's awful. I cry at least 5 X day. Treated for depression also.
It's been a year since speaking to her. I'm trying to move on. She lives close by. See grandsons only at my insistence. Really need a support group. Please help. Live in California. Thanks. B

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
Some m mistakes in the wording of the last column I'm using the Teleprompter to get my words on tape on this letter. Number one I guess in all of this is I need help around the house and I can't pay much because I'm only making 22,000 year . I need help with the deck because it's really dangerous and my daughter and her husband will not help or even finance finance it. I'm looking for another apartment in the Kaiser area and I'm thinking of Roseville I have looked there before and they may have something I can feel comfortable in that all these places have waiting lists. I'm totally on overload and could really use some help but I can't pay for much and I cannot have Medi-Cal due to a small step ahead I'm getting from a trust that has to be renewed each year. They won't allow any government assistance or they won't give me the money from the trust. If I do need an able to move I will need extra help because now my family won't help me except my son. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of stuff every day but it's hard to get weed through pictures and albums and books that I so dearly love. If you have any suggestions to help me especially in the house and boxing things up cleaning the house and vacuuming so I can't do anymore and having a little companionship so I don't have anymore I think I'm going crazy. I know this is long these two Posts and I sorry. I'm one step from letting this all go. Love you guys.....
(1)

Hi all you wonderful people. I'm a mess. Dr changed Meds and I'm worse than before. She wanted to give Inderol a heart med to slow my heart so I can relax? Only has one small sentence in brochure recommend it. Too scarey for this 71 Year old. So now taking Ambilify. With Seraquil. Have cried all day. No reason really. Sad though not able tomorrow to Grass Valley. No Kaiser insurance up their. Very sad .
What's pulling of oil. I'll try the rest. Thank you. Can I print this to follow?

Another bad issue I pain in wrists and back ache area not bone, with hip and outer thigh pain. I used lidocaine patches which helped. Leg cramps are awful. Might as well through me under the bus.
I need help around the house. Very badly. It's hard to get around and clean house and do the laundry and do the kitchen floor when my back and shoulders and wrists are hurting so bad and I'm so depressed and cry all the time. The deck on my mobile home is falling apart I have to put a sign not to walk on it because it will fall in I've tried for help and there's long on forms to fill out and then they tell me they account to do the steps not the balcony it's not very big so but it's all rusted and has algae and whatever they call that underneath inside the room. My daughter won't do anything about it and it's dangerous
(0)

Bev,
How are you?

M88
(1)

Found this on earth care:
Posted By Mary Jane (San Antonio) on 05/31/2015:

[YEA] I had pain in my left side of my tongue for over 2 week... Was taking 4 Advil to help with the pain every 4 hours. I was using ice pack and heat. Couldn't eat, sleep are talk due to the pain. Lost 8 pounds... I made a promised to my self if I found a way to stop the pain I would let other people know...
What I did to stop the pain:

I started oil pulling with olive oil every other night for about 15 to 30 min. Than I did the same with baking soda every night for 1 minute than spit it out... Every morning I would gargle with milk of magnesia than spit it out. That what I did and I'm still doing it. No more pain.

I don't know what oil pulling is.

Disclaimer:
This is for informational purposes only. I am not a health care provider, nor do I endorse any treatment. Research and consult your doctor.

M88 (had to disclaimer.... best practice for all involved).
(0)

Glossodynia... I'm googling it. Does your insurance cover homeopathy or acupuncture?
Would you be willing to give those alternative therapies a try?

Husband (ex?) and daughter own the trailer, but won't fix porch or steps? Why?

Grass Valley, I understand is flat out gorgeous! I sure hope you can attain your goal to get there!

Short term - doable goals -improve mood and bring a sense of accomplishment.

One box per day. Pack, sort, keep, dump. One box next day.

Talk to you tomorrow. I have depression too. Caring for mom and hubby. I have begun mourning their loss, while they are here, alive and sort of well. I do take my meds, and I can manage day 2 day.

:^) M88
(0)

jeanniegibbs
Your words give me hope. Thank you.
To all of those who are helping me find myself again behind all the issues I have and have had thank you. I really am humbled and feel you care for me. It helps me feel I'm not alone in all this.
One step at a time.

My place needs cleaning as most things need bending. How can I find help. I've tried regular housecleaning but got too expensive. I thought I was moving so things are in disarray.
This place I live- very old mobile home, is hard to keep up.
Also my front porch is falling in as are the steps. Sign on it now. Very expensive to replace. My daughter and husband who own it will not replace it. So? Looking for an apartment . At least landlord would fix things for me. I've been looking for a year now for low income nice area. Here I am next to the worst street for crime, and gun Fire..police are here often though it's improving. Citrus Heights, ca.
Beverlee
(0)

Beverlee, it is my understanding that MCI is not necessarily "early dementia." Often it is dementia and there isn't enough evidence to diagnose the dementia yet. But sometimes it does not progress, as dementia does. Sometimes it remains mild cognitive impairment indefinitely.
(2)

Thank you all so much. I feel I've walked into a room of close friends and feel blessed.
I tried to move closer to my son in Grass Valley and had it all planned and still haven't told them , but will this week , but I can't get my Kaiser Insurance up there. So sad still. I have very discounted care so I would never be able to find better insurance financially. I raised my two children up there. Like home for me. Thought God wanted me to be there????im a very spiritual person but just don't understand this one.
Thank you all for listening to me. I do have good things in my life.
Just in case any of you know any treatment, I have Glossodynia. Burning mouth syndrome now on my lips and going into nose... Can't find cure or treatment. Intensity changes but bad when I'm more stressed. With the depression and early dementia. No MD knows how to treat it accept Lidocaine wash. Maybe you know someone who has a cure or treatment?
Am I saying too much?should stay on topic.
(2)

Don't tweak your own meds, even though you're capable.

Let the MDs handle it.

Your son, when was the last time he visited you at the trailer? Can he and his wife? Friends? Buddies? Cousins? Come over and do what you need most?

I am in California too, central san joaquin valley.

We're going to be honest with you and be as supportive and resourceful as we possibly can.

Hugs,
M88
(2)

Ask a neighbor to walk with you-that is your support group. Do they have Bingo-if your trailer is in a mobilehome park? Go to Bingo-anyway, just once-to meet people.
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions