What have you done for yourself lately?

Follow

I have had a rough week but started thinking of how rarely i think about myself or do anything for myself.

The reason I started thinking about this was my sister was here last week and I noticed how put together she was. Up to date clothes, haircut, nails, pedicure, nice jewelry... as opposed to me who had gray roots showing, hair pulled back, nails and toenails just whacked off, no makeup, old worn clothes... etc.

I have always (even before my caregiving crisis) had a hard time taking care of myself and spending any money on myself. I have a theory that other caregiver type personalities are also that way.

Anyway I set up some reminders on my iphone to do at least 2 things for myself every week (most likely i will do the declutter thing every week if i can). Some on the list can range from very small to larger things. Some cost money.. but you can also do things that might boost your mood a little without spending money.. or a lot of money. I have a decent job so I can afford to splurge a little.. right now anyway.

Here is my list:
Get a Haircut
Manicure/pedicure
Buy flowers - plant or cut flowers
get car detailed
arrange for professional house cleaning (one time or ongoing)
declutter something (closet/drawers)
upgrade/replace an item in wardrobe
upgrade/replace a home item (kitchen/bathroom)
arrange a weekend getaway or vacation
get dental, eye checkups

This challenge will be VERY hard for me.. but I thought i would post it to help me follow through. Anyone want to join me?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
Now I am about to eat my Jolly-Rancher, green-apple Jello shots w/ green apple Pucker Vodka. First, I take a long bath, facial, mani/pedi, make-up, hair, & the cutest outfit I have that's clean & doesn't make me look anything but terrific. Then, I do my kickboxing workout. Then, I'll go look for trouble....(Just kidding--not I). blou
(0)

I said, "No" today. blou
(0)

Let's see...I will go out and eat a juicy fat steak; see a movie; visit friends; forget how the house looks; drive to Tim Buck Two; pay an organizer to file for the four I file for; get a new brain; take my dog to the pet parlour for a bath; visit my children; forget my responsibilites for awhile; and drink a frozen margarita..marymember
(1)

Book-that is why I wont eat at a serve yourself restaurant Golden Corral. They have a chocolate fountain that children flock to...unsupervised by their parents...little fingers who knows what they touched prior....LOL!!
(1)

I've been craving so badly the yogurt from Yogurtland. Unfortunately, my fave niece used to work there. She told me some of the things customers do to those yogurt dispensers...like pull down the handle so that the yogurt comes out, scoop it and lick their spoon/or fingers. Then, go to the next dispenser, do the same - with the spoon/finger touching the tip of the hole! Then, theres how they set out the ingredients for the customers to scoop up and put in their yogurt. She's seen people touching it, or putting it back in, etc.. and the children just touching it all. How she wanted to find ways to prevent this but her boss said No. So niece told me that since then, she only buys yogurt when they first open up and no customers been touching the dispensers and the food. I am sooooo craving that yogurt!!!! Instead, I bought 2 bottles of Pepsi. Pretending that it's what I'm craving...
(1)

Today was such a great day. Mil wasn't feeling good so after breakfast she slept all day. That in itself makes a great day. But it's first time since snow left that I got time to spend in my flower garden and my water features all put in. We live 2blocks from the most beautiful beach in northern michigan. Hubby and I went and took most awesome pics of sunset. It was the best day in at least 4 years!!! Now she had dinner (very late) and she is in bed so we and neighbors have a fire going and lotsa drinks. I'm a gin and grapefruit person. Tonight it's cause I'm enjoying them instead of drinking them to fall asleep and dull my sences. Oh what a beautiful day!!!!
(2)

I love this thread and it makes me happy to see people who give so much take a little me time back. Enjoy your mani, pedi, gardening or movie! God Bless you all.
(1)

I gave up my slipper shoe clogs and bought new sneakers. My feet feel WONDERFUL!
(1)

I would get on a Harley and ride fast against the wind. You know, when a hornet flies down your vest and stings you, it makes all your troubles seem so far away....LOL
(2)

After a harrowing morning of medical semi-emergencies, I had such a fun afternoon. I took my rabbit over to a lady's house so maybe he can find a bunny girlfriend. I spent much of the afternoon just sitting on the floors with the rabbits and talking to the lady. It was fun to talk to someone my own age who has much the same interests. Funny how sitting around chatting and watching rabbits can be so much fun.
(3)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions